What's new

Mumbai struggles to catch up with Shanghai

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't even compare Shanghai to any of their cities, Shanghai is lights years ahead of any thing they can fathom, even China's 3rd and 4th tier cities like Urumqai or Lhasa is beyond them in modernity, and cleanliness. Last time I checked Xinjiang is going to be connected to the high speed rail network while Lhasa already has probably the world's most expensive train connection.

I wouldn't even compare North Korea's Pyongyang to any of their wretched cities. There are no mass slums in any N Korean city (or anything in East Asia), no animals roaming the streets nor any human defecation on said streets. Indian cities are the epitome of filthiness and decrepid urban planning.

Brazil use to have a wide sloth of slums in Rio but anytime I think of Slums I think of poor brown India.

I wonder when India will get an Expo, will they call it the Slum Expo? :lol:

In urban areas, minimum wage is CNY 3,000/month. In remote areas, villagers earn just enough to keep them alive and have enough for small/cheap goods such as TV's/mobile phones. Ultimately, they are villagers and they plant food themselves and feed themselves, nothing wrong. In the urban areas, housing prices are averaged at CNY 20,000/m^2, with apartments, on average, being 90-120 m^2. You tell me if $100,000 living fee is enough in urban areas of China today.

Contrast this with India, and the 400 million people starving due to the lack of rations and sanitation. There is no comparison. Furthermore, Shanghai sucks. Been there on the 1st to see the Expo, and the city sucked. Capital is better :D

wow if that's mumbai i can safely say that it's not even as good as my home village in Tianmen (a rural town 3 hours drive west of Wuhan, the capital of my province). mumbai can't even compare to Wuhan, don't even talk about shanghai.

wow if that's mumbai i can safely say that it's not even as good as my home village in Tianmen (a rural town 3 hours drive west of Wuhan, the capital of my province). mumbai can't even compare to Wuhan, don't even talk about shanghai.

操 我写错了。。。 好了这次对了!

哈哈 在中国 哪个城市夏天要穿棉袄啊?

Btw, @ New Wave? Do you know which city in China I like the best?

-Hong Kong ;) seriously.

Last edited:
实际上我觉得骂阿三没用。只有证据才能让他们哑口无言,要不然每当我们说什么的时候他们就扯一大堆什么“民主“,”自由“之类的废话。要是没有比较他们还真不知道天高地厚呢。不用说北京和上海,孟买连天门都比不上。当然我只能发照片,我是为了他们40%的文盲着想~

here are some comparisons of mumbai and my hometown Tianmen, the 2nd poorest in my province.

Tianmen:

24858027.jpg

20060727173343000001.JPG

Mumbai:

2298785642_031bae39ea.jpg

Forget Shanghai. Beat Tianmen 天门 first, and then talk about maybe Enshi 恩施 or Huangshi 黄石, then move up to Wuhan, then maybe, just maybe, can mumbai have the right to compare to shanghai. currently mumbai is equal to a rural town in china.

below_freezing good comparison we can expect this by narrow minded people
very good show few buildings tht present in ur city and agaisnt them show bad part of ur counterpart

we have to learn from chines people how to compare things
:victory::victory::victory::victory:

^^^ I agree. Let's stop this now.

(1) Poor does not necessary equal unhappy.

(2) Rich does not necessary equal happy.

And lastly,

(3) most Chinese people are neither rich nor poor, but very content with life

I'm certain many Indians would agree as well.

MMS made a mistake by making this childing comparison game.... but why are we doing the same??? Forget this stupid thread. Lets talk about defence matters.

^^^ I agree. Let's stop this now.

(1) Poor does not necessary equal unhappy.

(2) Rich does not necessary equal happy.

And lastly,

(3) most Chinese people are neither rich nor poor, but very content with life

I'm certain many Indians would agree as well.

MMS made a mistake by making this childing comparison game.... but why are we doing the same??? Forget this stupid thread. Lets talk about defence matters.

Sino, this is right approach ... this may be one of the few constructive post from you - :azn::azn:

实际上我觉得骂阿三没用。只有证据才能让他们哑口无言,要不然每当我们说什么的时候他们就扯一大堆什么“民主“,”自由“之类的废话。要是没有比较他们还真不知道天高地厚呢。不用说北京和上海,孟买连天门都比不上。当然我只能发照片,我是为了他们40%的文盲着想~

here are some comparisons of mumbai and my hometown Tianmen, the 2nd poorest in my province.

Tianmen:

24858027.jpg

20060727173343000001.JPG

Mumbai:

2298785642_031bae39ea.jpg

1404840661_ec39ed3aea.jpg

Forget Shanghai. Beat Tianmen 天门 first, and then talk about maybe Enshi 恩施 or Huangshi 黄石, then move up to Wuhan, then maybe, just maybe, can mumbai have the right to compare to shanghai. currently mumbai is equal to a rural town in china.

印度是资本主义吗? 表面上说的好听 可是那国家有几个他们这样的条件的? 其它99% 都穷的要死还有社么自由? 没饭没钱也算自由吗? 哈哈说的也对 让他们先跟中国2/3等城市比较去然后在聊上海吧 可是呢 我们中国人也给谦虚啊 不能往这啊3这条路发展啊 哈哈 最后 不好意思我的中文写的不好 在国外住了10多来年 读和写真的是不行了。。。

忘问了 好的哥们都用这个标志: ~~~

社么意思啊?

Last edited:
below_freezing good comparison we can expect this by narrow minded people
very good show few buildings tht present in ur city and agaisnt them show bad part of ur counterpart

we have to learn from chines people how to compare things
:victory::victory::victory::victory:

Nawwww what if he's showing the bad parts of BOTH cities? You never know, because you haven't been to his home town. Don't jump the gun now...

~ 只是一个可爱的符号 哈哈

印度的经济体系仍然处于资本主义的初级阶段。这个发展阶段得特点是资本的原始积累,说简单一点就是先让一部分人富有起来,然后让他们带动整个经济的发展。在这个时期,一个国家的经济发展速度最快。不过,这也是社会矛盾最尖锐,贫富差距最大的发展阶段。

我们在80年代末90年代初也是这样,但是现在我们已经差不多完成了这个发展阶段。尤其是最近几年,二线城市,甚至三线城市的发展进度非常快。毫无疑问,印度至少落后我们20年。

@ Whoever started this Thread!!!!!!!

If you know Mumbai is no match to Shanghai, than why create this thread to compare both cities??

For trolling??? No wonder!

The way they've dug up Bombay you would think they are looking for oil. Since 1970 - roads have increased by 250% but number of vehicles has increased by 8000%. The only good and well maintained part of the city is South Bombay which was built by the British. The rest is a nightmare of the highest proportions. Forget Shanghai. We aren't going to catch up. Good job by the Chinese - they have built world class infra in their city - so let's applaud them for their achievement instead of abusing their communist set-up.

印度是资本主义吗? 表面上说的好听 可是那国家有几个他们这样的条件的? 其它99% 都穷的要死还有社么自由? 没饭没钱也算自由吗? 哈哈说的也对 让他们先跟中国2/3等城市比较去然后在聊上海吧 可是呢 我们中国人也给谦虚啊 不能往这啊3这条路发展啊 哈哈 最后 不好意思我的中文写的不好 在国外住了10多来年 读和写真的是不行了。。。

忘问了 好的哥们都用这个标志: ~~~

社么意思啊?

你说的是“^^^”吧,这个是指本post是针对上面的post的意思。:china:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom