What's new

Mumbai Restaurant Uses Drone to Deliver Pizza

Still no rules for these drones, quadcopters... but in the future there will be.
In here in Sri Lanka, they use quadcopters for film making.

Well ............. :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

freepizza.jpg

That is what I would say. This will die down sooner than one can imagine.

a basic question... what will be its navigation and guidance system???
It could be a GPS+INS combined. A combination of altimeter, magnetometer, proximity sensor and ultrasonic range finder will help navigate through tight spaces (Read power lines, trees and balconies). If more reliability is required, laser ranger along with quadrupled gyros on all the motors with relative thrust vectoring. That last config along with all the above will definitely burn through pretty deep pockets....

Orikkalum Nadakatha Ethra Manoharamaya Swapnum.

There are risks involved in this method, the drone could malfunction or can get tangled in cable wires.

I dont think this service has started yet in US? though it was in proposed last year

However 1 Restaurant has successfully carried the test, others to follow soon. Rules will not take much time to be in place once this trend get's success.

Soon we will see children flying kites and using them to steal pizzas.. tanana nana ni.. pizza aaye free..
i would use air gun to shoot the pizza down :P

Whats stopping opportunistic people from ordering pizzas and then way laying the drones to sell?
If the rules are eased they will fly at an altitude above 400 feet above ground they might not be easy to intercept them,Even if you do the pizza will splatter on the ground.

Back
Top Bottom