What's new

Mumbai Play Called off After Objections by Religious Groups

Poor decision from the govt. I just hope this is not a pretext to extend such bans to protect religious sentiments of bhakts. There should be only one policy-- don't like it? don't watch it.

True,but its natural..
I am doing the very same thing that you guys have did or doing in the numerous dalit and muslim killing threads posted here in this forum..I can understand your frustration...
Aww, one thread and you got all flustered.

how is that even possible,that too in a hardcore hindutwa BJP ruling state like Maharastra??..It makes sense if it is happening in some Christian majority states like Nagaland/Mizoram or Kerala,where Christians enjoys power in the government...smells more like a propaganda or a publicity stunt..
Yeah it's all propaganda or a publicity stunt, isn't it.

^^^Seems our internet sanghis are trying hard to hide and deviate attention from the ongoing Dalit and beef killings incidents..

No one is deviating from anything that issue is still there go ahead u can even open a thread on that if Pakistanis has left any news . For so long Secular journalists are banging Hindus from all angles and just 1 piece on u and the rantings beguns. :tsk:

Aww, one thread and you got all flustered.

Yeah it's all propaganda or a publicity stunt, isn't it.
he is fearing the so called ''arrest'' and ''imprisonment''??...I thought the state police department comes under the ruling BJP government and hard to think that Christians have any influence over the hindutwa government..Sorry,is there any separate police force or independent state or territory for Christians in Maharastra??..

he is fearing the so called ''arrest'' and ''imprisonment''??...I thought the state police department comes under the ruling BJP government and hard to think that Christians have any influence over the hindutwa government..Sorry,is there any separate police force or independent state or territory for Christians in Maharastra??..
How conveniently you forgot to mention "harm to body and property". Give it another try, I am sure you can condemn this mob mentality of Catholic Bishops's conference of India and Catholic Secular Forum who are thirsting for poor Director's blood.

@mooppan

Twist in nun play controversy: Director says he fears for his life | The Indian Express

How conveniently you forgot to mention "harm to body and property". Give it another try, I am sure you can condemn this mob mentality of Catholic Bishops's conference of India and Catholic Secular Forum who are thirsting for poor Director's blood.
haha..What about his ''fear'' for arrest and imprisonment??..for that he even tagged and seek the support of some SECULAR media personalities through his twitter..wtf man??..a paid agent or a crying wolf or an attention seeker...More like a monkey drama to deflect attentions..

haha..What about his ''fear'' for arrest and imprisonment??..for that he even tagged and seek the support of some SECULAR media personalities through his twitter..wtf man??..a paid agent or a crying wolf or an attention seeker...More like a monkey drama to deflect attentions..

Did police threatened him or goons of Catholic Bishop's Conference of India and thugs of Catholic Secular forum? Stop deflecting and put a leash on these thugs and goons.

Did police threatened him or goons of Catholic Bishop's Conference of India and thugs of Catholic Secular forum? Stop deflecting and put a leash on these thugs and goons.
You mean Catholic forum has the authority to arrest and put a person in prison in Mumbai?..Wtf he is fearing for ?...heck he even asked the support of Amir Khan..it says all...we all know what Amir Khan stands for and his politics..

Stop deflecting and put a leash on these thugs and goons.
Never seen the same worry or concern from you,when a Kannada scholar was murdered brutally by Hindutwa goons a month ago or a Muslim killed for eating beef a day ago..Sanghis like you were celebrating and finding reasons to justify those murder in all those threads..and now all of sudden 'saints''and human activists''...ohh man..

You mean Catholic forum has the authority to arrest and put a person in prison in Mumbai?..Wtf he is fearing for ?...heck he even asked the support of Amir Khan..it says all...we all know what Amir Khan stands for and his politics..

Never seen the same worry or concern from you,when a Kannada scholar was murdered brutally by Hindutwa goons a month ago or a Muslim killed for eating beef a day ago..Sanghis like you were celebrating and finding reasons to justify those murder in all those threads..and now all of sudden 'saints''and human activists''...ohh man..

He is fearing for his life, I don't know why you are missing threat to his life over and over again.

This play is equivalent of a play slandering Muslim prophet Muhammad with a grotesque image of Muhammad. I wonder how Muslims will regard this insult. I can imagine Hindu religious bigots insult others religion.

MUMBAI, MAHARASHTRA: Even before its first show, a play titled 'Agnes of God' has fallen foul of some religious groups, including the Catholic Bishop's Conference of India, which has written to the Union Home ministry asking for a ban on its performance altogether, claiming it hurts their religious sentiments.

The play is based on a true story adapted from an American play that was also made into an Oscar nominated film where the lead, Sister Agnes, gives birth to a child and claims she is a virgin.

"The most offensive is the title itself which is meant to be the Lamb of God that's Jesus himself and his immaculate conception," said Joseph Dias of the Catholic Secular Forum, who has raised similar objections in the past against others, which include the group of stand-up comedians, AIB roast.

Despite a booking done at Sophia Bhabha Auditorium more than four months ago, the premier show was suddenly cancelled last Monday. The auditorium authorities could not be reached for comment for their sudden change of heart.

The Archbishop of Mumbai has strongly protested against the portrayal of the nun in the posters, but they are not in favour of a ban.

What's perhaps most ironic is that the same 'Agnes of God' was performed at Sophia auditorium and others more than two decades ago and was very successful.

Director of the play, Kaizaad Kotwal told NDTV, "I think we are retrograding, regressing. If this play could be tolerated 25 years ago in India and there are issues now, what are we saying about India today. By doing a work of art you could be thrown in prison is a threat in my view. I'm seriously concerned. This is based on a true story. We haven't concocted anything."

After the sudden loss of venue, the cast and crew have found a new host in National Centre for Performing Arts in South Mumbai, where a special show for invitees has been scheduled for October 5.

Mumbai Play Called off After Objections by Religious Groups

Religious groups demand Ban on a play, I wonder if we would get to see prime time debate on this issue.

@JanjaWeed @magudi @Star Wars @Tridibans @Whazzup

Notice it is a "religious group," not a Christian group which is demanding ban.

He is fearing for his life, I don't know why you are missing threat to his life over and over again.
ohh,is he a hindu??..
So a darmic '"HINDU'' made a play with the ''good ''intention of discrediting and abusing Christian beliefs,sitting in siva sainiks owned hindutwa abode Mumbai fearing for some Catholics and asking support from Bollywood actors like amir khan..haha..
Ever heard of names like ''Kalburgi''??..They were also feared for life..and what happened later is history..

Notice it is a "religious group," not a Christian group which is demanding ban.
A religious group named Catholic Secular Forum. :lol:

ohh,is he a hindu??..
So a darmic '"HINDU'' made a play with the ''good ''intention of discrediting and abusing Christian beliefs,sitting in siva sainiks owned hindutwa abode Mumbai fearing for some Catholics and asking support from Bollywood actors like amir khan..haha..
Ever heard of names like ''Kalburgi''??..They were also feared for life..and what happened later is history..

He is not a hindu, your victim card is declined kindly try another one.

A religious group named Catholic Secular Forum. :lol:

He is not a hindu, your victim card is declined kindly try another one.
lol...Victim card is suitable for sanghis like you..Thats why you guys are creating threads like these in a Pakistan forum...

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom