What's new

Multiple problems with newly imported indian buses, are grounded now

idune

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
Multiple problems with Ashok Leland buses imported from india are grounded with following problems:

1) Excessive fuel consumption
2) Faulty ac
3) Displaced clutch plate
4) Unbearable engine noise

Just for a single trip from Motijheel to Gazipur a 51 km route cost 90 liters of gas (6120 taka). There is problem changing gear. People are unwilling to ride these bus with noise and faulty ac while fare is as much as private bus which uses mostly Japanese and/or Volvo brand.
So only one month after fanfare inauguration by Awami League regime 40 buses are already sitting in deport. Authorities are unwilling to provide fitness certificate with such miserable condition but it is well known indian operatives are pulling string inside Awami League for clearance and 20 percent of remaining payment.

????????.???:??????????? ??? ??? ??? ?????? ????????

The Driver, Conductor and the cleaner must be guzzling down the fuel..you know..:azn: It also happens in India with Govt. Vehicles..

No wonder I haven't been seeing them lately. Hey, at least they look pretty good.

A colleague of mine rode on one of those. He said they were very comfortable compared other buses. Especially those private operators :sick:

Come now @idune there are better threads to open up than this. Though I admit, Bangladesh's public transport system need an overhaul.

Last edited by a moderator:
In Bangalore we travel in similar kind of metro buses, I can say they are comfortable and good. Lot of metros in India also use similar kind of busses.

Jamaati-BNP-Private Bus operator propaganda. Just nothing is good for the hard to please Bangladeshis, its time they started making their own shyte.

ALers claim that their GDP is very good going, so why buying cheap Indian Buses?

Come now @idune there are better threads to open up than this. Though I admit, Bangladesh's public transport system need an overhaul.

This tread is about corruption of buying low quality India bus by BAL and misuse of govt money, not the quality of India Bus.

I think.

Last edited by a moderator:
This tread is about corruption of buying low quality India bus by BAL, not the quality of India Bus.

I think.

These are not low quality buses.. same buses ply in India too....
volvo buses usually for intercity and has higher price than Indian bus..

Are these bus for local public transport or intercity transport.

Explain the difference please :rofl:

BAL ministers did not considered the low quality of India buses, this is the main fault, not the quality of Indian buses. Actually, BAL gave Indians a business favor.

This tread is about corruption of buying low quality India bus by BAL and misuse of govt money, not the quality of India Bus.

I think.

I know a thing or two about vehicles. Any machine, you name it.

Those buses weren't cheap by the way. Corruption? It's a strong possibility.

Remember those Volvo buses? How tragic for a beautiful machine :cry:

These are not low quality buses.. same buses ply in India too....
volvo buses usually for intercity and has higher price than Indian bus..

Are these bus for local public transport or intercity transport.

Quality may differ when export to other country.

I guess local

BAL ministers did not considered the low quality of India buses, this is the main fault, not the quality of Indian buses. Actually, BAL gave Indians a business favor.

These buses were bought under Indian line of credit.

And Bangladeshis probably don't know, but these buses are made Ashok Leyland/Irizar JV. Irizar is a European bus manufacturing company, now even European products are not goo enough for Bangladeshis.

Let me remind the BAngladeshis of the 50 Volvos they bought from Sweden.

2011-03-09__f05.jpg

Pricey double-deckers of BRTC lie useless

Nothing is good enough for Bangladeshis, even if it is for the rest of the world..:lol:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom