What's new

Mukshpuri Top-Into The Fairyland Of Pakistan

ghazi52

PDF THINK TANK: ANALYST
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Mukshpuri Top – Into The Fairyland Of Pakistan
Nathia Gali is a charming mountain resort in Hazara, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa. There is a mountain peak near Nathia Gali that reaches the height of 9,200 feet; it is called Mukshpuri. Your trip to Murree won’t be complete if you have not seen Mukshpuri Top. Here is a little glimpse of the fairy land!

1. Mukshpuri Top is blanketed with verdant sub-alpine conifer forests and blooms that include maple, oak and pine trees.

156-640x384.jpg

2. The mountain meadows is punctuated with greenery, cattle and crystal clear ponds.

3. On a clear day, the peak of Nanga Parbat is visible from the top.

231-640x292.jpg

4. On your way to the mountain, you can take a short detour to Ayubia National Park.

ayubia-national-Park-and-hiking-track-640x470.jpg

5. The word ‘Mukshpuri’ has Sanskrit origin. It is derived from two words; Moksha (freedom) and Puri (town).

524-640x480.jpg

6. From the peak of Mukshpuri, you can view Circle Bakote, Jhelum River, the Bagh District, Murree Tehsil and Islamabad.

7. You will come across playful monkeys, fluttering butterflies and quiet cattle.
722-640x480.jpg

8. Its enchanting beauty and calming ambiance make it a superb spot for picnics, strolls and quiet retreats.

If you are an avid traveller, photographer or a nature lover, add Mukshpuri Top in your bucket list!

When were you there Ghazi saab ? Did you stay at Mukshpuri hotel ?

We "friends" are actually planning a trip Next weekend to mukshpuri top, nathiagali and ayubia... BTW what's the perfect time (month) to visit this top ?

We "friends" are actually planning a trip Next weekend to mukshpuri top, nathiagali and ayubia... BTW what's the perfect time (month) to visit this top ?

From May to September........rains fall in whole galyat area more often, so you can plan a month to visit, but cannot plan an actual day due to rain.

Although above pics are as spectacular as one can get, but watching the beauty of the mountain with naked eyes is something worth doing......I have been there a lot of times........It will take almost 3 hours to reach the top from Dunga Gali side.......another route is from Nathia Gali........if you visit the area, do visit Thandiani as well.

A place, I visited many times (our summer house) and the route from Thandiyani is really picturesque.

From May to September........rains fall in whole galyat area more often, so you can plan a month to visit, but cannot plan an actual day due to rain.

Although above pics are as spectacular as one can get, but watching the beauty of the mountain with naked eyes is something worth doing......I have been there a lot of times........It will take almost 3 hours to reach the top from Dunga Gali side.......another route is from Nathia Gali........if you visit the area, do visit Thandiani as well.

Thank you for the information sir. BTW i have been there many times, and now a new chairlift has been constructed which direct you from Nawa-shehar to thandiani (spectacular view, will recommend you to visit ) ..

@war&peace this top "ACTUALLY" have a route from thandiani Peak ?? wow man...
never knew that even after visiting thandiani 4-5 times.

Ok. tell me which type of route is that ? tracking ? and how much time is required to reach mukshpuri top from thandiani ?

Last edited:
@RealNapster

I have been at the opening ceremony of these chairlifts.......its not really up to thandiani, but this is indeed what they plan, lets see..........about the route from thandiani to Mukshpuri, well it is a track......a good 3-day track from thandiani to Barin Gali to Dagri Bangla to Mirajani and then to Mukshpuri......a tedious track.......but you can make a shortcut and start directly from Barin Gali to Mirajani and to Mukshpuri.

@RealNapster

I have been at the opening ceremony of these chairlifts.......its not really up to thandiani, but this is indeed what they plan, lets see..........about the route from thandiani to Mukshpuri, well it is a track......a good 3-day track from thandiani to Barin Gali to Dagri Bangla to Mirajani and then to Mukshpuri......a tedious track.......but you can make a shortcut and start directly from Barin Gali to Mirajani and to Mukshpuri.

3 day track ??? :undecided: .......... out of my range. ...

and yes. these chairlifts are not upto thandiani. but that's a good point actually. You can further track to thandiani. aik ticket me 2 mazy....

It has been a joy to read posts from hiking enthusiasts. I have been there many times. It is certainly worth a visit. Miran Jani is the highrst peak of Murree hills but the trek is a little tougher than the trek to Muksh Puri..I would highly recommend both treks, The view from Miran Jani is much better than the view from Muksh Puri.
I have also done Thandiani to Nathia Gali track twice.In my view it is one of the best short treks in Pakistan. If you get a chance, then go for it. You will remember it for the rest of your lives.

@ghazi52 this looks pristine and Swarga on earth. Why dont you guys invite us here? :) i love to go here and see this beauty.
This is our common ancestry and we should do more to keep it for our children's. There are many cities named in sanskrit in Pakistan like Multan and Peshawar, and they should be preserved as the link to the old Vedic heritage.

Guys no hatred expected, this is a beauty and i'm admiring it as it is and putting my true thoughts with history in perspective.

@ghazi52 this looks pristine and Swarga on earth. Why dont you guys invite us here? :) i love to go here and see this beauty.
This is our common ancestry and we should do more to keep it for our children's. There are many cities named in sanskrit in Pakistan like Multan and Peshawar, and they should be preserved as the link to the old Vedic heritage.

Guys no hatred expected, this is a beauty and i'm admiring it as it is and putting my true thoughts with history in perspective.
Unfortunately, successive govt of Pakistan have proved that they have no aesthetic sense whatsoever. Numerous potential tourist sites are in shambles, except two or three prominent ones.

No Hatred Here Gentleman But You Really Have To Bring Religion Into It????

No Hatred Here Gentleman But You Really Have To Bring Religion Into It????
Read my post carefully gentleman, i said History, and not religion, which is there to see to both of us. You can build a better future only if you know your history. I traveled almost every place in my country which is linked to my history and i do it for sake of my children's, because if parents know history then children will learn it from them.
Wikipedia is not a good source for history lessons for children.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom