Mukhad Dam

Should we build Mukhad Dam?

• Yes

Votes: 14 77.8%
  • No

Votes: 4 22.2%

• Total voters
I have a scenario:

Rain and Glacier Melting in summer resulting in a lot of water in River Indus. There is no dam and all the water flows to the sea. Later in winter there is lack of rain and water flow goes down. This is a serious threat and Sea water can come upstream.

But if we have Dam and we store the additional water, we can use that water at such times of need to save the fields in Sindh.

We can build 4 more dams on Indus River. Once of those dams can be used purely to keep water reserve for dire circumstances.

For preventing water going waste into sea and full year availability of water check dams are the best solutions.

Pakistan should build thousands of check dams.

They are least dangerous, low cost, water available to every state of pakistan not only to a particular state like p ok or punjab.

In India we have done the same and have built over 3,00,000 check dams.

For preventing water going waste into sea and full year availability of water check dams are the best solutions.

They are least dangerous, low cost, water available to every state of pakistan not only to a particular state like p ok or punjab.

But they don't produce electricity, do they?

Just show a middle finger to these parties and build the damn dam.If they resort to violence just cut off their power supply and stop work on dam..

We need all the dams we can make.Unfortunately our Political parties politicize everything while others blame everything onto Punjab.This one of the techniques by which they get illiterate masses vote.

P OK!!!!!!!!!! ohh i love this!! how about the true BR language TSP! :rofl:

justin please don't try to be over smart or try to derail this thread! thank you! :wave:

We need all the dams we can make.Unfortunately our Political parties politicize everything while others blame everything onto Punjab.This one of the techniques by which they get illiterate masses vote.

What if that area is given into Federal Administration. Would that resolve the "Punjab" issue?

What if that area is given into Federal Administration. Would that resolve the "Punjab" issue?

yar idk what to say i just want Dams to be built and then it is irrelevant that whether they are build in KP,sindh,Baluchistan,Giligit or any other area.

Well that would be good - The Punjab Government will not get royalty then and federal government will get it then and it should distribute it equally among 3 provinces excluding Punjab as some sort of incentive or education fund..

Another Initiative can be given to Sindh by giving some sort of subsidy on tube well bills.

:what:
I fail to see how surrounding hill will stop silting of the dam??

of course infinite does not here means that 1000 years.

I read it few YEARS ago so do not remember exactly, but i think so it was like this

3 side of the dam are mostly covered with mountains, we need to built wall on one side (on other 3 sides not throughly) and it entrance and exit of water can be designed in such a way that most of the sand ( much more than normal) will be thrown out.

This dam has perfect surrounding. I already said electricity can be generated very easily too.

But they don't produce electricity, do they?

1. But, you see it is the most practical option,

- it will provide water to the each and every state in pakistan

- There will be no wastage at all

- You don't have to shift people or componsate them

- It is economical

2. For electricity you should utilize your coal reserve as coal based power plants or coal-gas power plant.

3. You can also go for nucler power option.

4. Building large dams are the thing of past.

5. In this age of terrorism your money will go duct and thousands of people will be effected and huge property loss will be their if god forbid any misap happens.

of course infinite does not here means that 1000 years.

I read it few YEARS ago so do not remember exactly, but i think so it was like this

3 side of the dam are mostly covered with mountains, we need to built wall on one side (on other 3 sides not throughly) and it entrance and exit of water can be designed in such a way that most of the sand ( much more than normal) will be thrown out.

This dam has perfect surrounding. I already said electricity can be generated very easily too.

I think silting actually takes place due to silt(sand, gravel, stones etc) which has bin eroded from the river bed due to river flow start depositing at the mouth of the reservoir, where flow(velocity) of water has slowed down due building of dam. This process happens over a period of time(years) and reduces the capacity of reservoir and can be countered by construction of spill gates.

construction of reservoir next to hill made unconsolidated sand and gravel (as seen in the pic) will only speed up this process
(due to erosion).

Back
Top Bottom