What's new

Mughal influence in India and Indian history

Been to forts in Agra, Taj mahal and I have to say they were way ahead anything west could come up with. Akbar was the greatest of them all for me.
Me like the movie Jodha Akbar.
Akbar looked nothing like Hrtick Roshan

He had oriental features

Where do you see the hate? Smaller kingdoms took sides for their own interests.

I saw the hate in adarsh liberal comment.

And do not justify the treachery by saying smaller kingdom took sides for their own interests. These "smaller" kingdoms served, protected and fought for the Mughals against other Hindu kings.

Akbar looked nothing like Hrtick Roshan

He had oriental features

The Mughals were Uzbeks, though Babur claims to be from Genghis Khan and Timur lineage. In any case the Uzbeks, Mongols etc. all had oriental features. Akbar in real life would have looked like Danny Denzongpa. Bollywood would try and show every character in India like a north India.

They showed Priyanka Chopra a punjabi playing the role of Mary Kom who is Manipuri. LOL!!!

Akbar
icon00000000013.jpg

looked like
14030240369b6b4-original-1.jpg

That he sure did. But it was Akbar's religious tolerance that persuaded many rajputs to come to his side. Akbar used the carrot and stick policy. He offered mansabs and created the mansabdari system. In return for rajput allegiance Akbar offered them posts in Mughal aristocracy and Mughal protection.

Akbar used skill and diplomacy to expand his empire but did not hesitate to use force when and if required. Akbar was the finest Mughal emperor.

Rubbish, It was only Raja Man Singh of Amber who aunt was married to Akbar and who's sister was married to mughals, who was with the Mughals. Most were against Mughals.

MahaRana Pratap and other Rajputs even refused to dine together with Raja Man Singh and considered him out caste :lol:

Aurangzeb's letter to his Son Akbar showing his Hatred for Rajputs, :P

Muhammad Akbar, my son! close to my heart, a piece of my liver [as it were], dear as my life—be assured of and exalted with my sincere kindness, and know:- God be my witness, that I held you dearer and more beloved than all my other sons. But you, through your own ill-luck, were tempted by the deception and stratagem of the Rajputs, those Satans in a human shape, to lose your portion of the wealth of Paradise and to become a wanderer in the hill and wilderness of Misfortune. What remedy can I contrive and what help can I give ? My heart became plunged in extreme sorrow and grief when I heard of your present miserable condition of anxiety, perplexity, ruin and wretchedness. Nay more, life itself tasted bitter to me; what need I say of other things? Alas! a thousand times alas! leaving out of your sight your [legitimate] pride of rank and majesty as a prince and Emperor's son, you in your simplicity took no pity on your own [extreme] youth : you showed no regard for your wives and children, but in the most wretched condition threw [them] into the captivity of those beast-looking beast-hearted wicked Rajputs! And you are roaming in all directions like a polo ball, now rising, now falling, now fleeing!

Jaswant, the chief of Rajputs, assisted and joined Dara Shukoh, [but that prince] met with nothing save humiliation and reverses in consequence. Know for certain [that the same will be your fate, too.] Providence befriend you! God make it your lot to follow the right path.

Rubbish, It was only Raja Man Singh of Amber who aunt was married to Akbar and who's sister was married to mughals, who was with the Mughals. Most were against Mughals.

LOL!! Who was against the mughals? The rajputs would continue to serve the Mughals till 1857. Raja Man singh was only one among the many rajputs who took up mansabdari under Akbar.

Rana Pratap and otehr Rajputs even refused to dine together with Raja Man Singh and considered him out caste

Is that why the son of pratap Amar Singh surrendered before the Mughals?

Jaswant, the chief of Rajputs, assisted and joined Dara Shukoh

Lo behold, another rajput serving the mughals.

What do you have to say about the hindu rajputs of jaipur, jodhpur, jaisalmer, amer etc. who served the mughals till the time of bahadur shah zafar and fought the battles for mughals?

The mughals were foreigners and outsiders, let us agree. What excuse do the rajputs have for siding with the mughals and fighting fellow Indians?

Wrong.

All Hindu Rajput clans of India ,barring Kachwahas , rebelled against Aurangzeb and from thereon were independent of Mughals.

I saw the hate in adarsh liberal comment.

And do not justify the treachery by saying smaller kingdom took sides for their own interests. These "smaller" kingdoms served, protected and fought for the Mughals against other Hindu kings.

Kings also killed their own brothers to sit on throne, People did and will do unthinkable things to hold on to Power and Money.

Mughals were strong till Akbar he ruined the Mughal Empire

Akbar consolidated the empire.

Till then the Mughals were tottering - Babur died soon after he set up house , Humayun spent more time saving his skin from Sher Shah Suri. It was Akbar who gave the empire a sound footing of 60 + years .

LOL!! Who was against the mughals? The rajputs would continue to serve the Mughals till 1857. Raja Man singh was only one among the many rajputs who took up mansabdari under Akbar..

EVERYBODY :cheesy: Rajputs were distrusted and hated by the Mughals and vice versa.

Man Singh is a much hated figure in Rjaput history and narrative. MahaRana pratap and Rana Sangh are their Heroes. what does that tell you ?:P

Is that why the son of pratap Amar Singh surrendered before the Mughals?.

That is what you do when you loose a war :lol: ............ doesen't make them best friends. LOL.

Lo behold, another rajput serving the mughals.

So ? No Rajput respects them.

Akbar consolidated the empire.

Till then the Mughals were tottering - Babur died soon after he set up house , Humayun spent more time saving his skin from Sher Shah Suri. It was Akbar who gave the empire a sound footing of 60 + years .
BUt he alienated conservative muslims just to appease rajputs due to his twisted deeneelahi religion

Wrong.

All Hindu Rajput clans of India ,barring Kachwahas , rebelled against Aurangzeb and from thereon were independent of Mughals.

All Hindu Rajput clans of India served the Mughals and mind you I am not even starting with the muslim Rajputs, most famously the Qaimis.

The Marathas might have fought against Mughals for 27 years in the Deccan, but it was rajput soldiers they were killing in the conflict. Raje Mirza a convert rajput was the mughal commander and there were many rajputs in the mughal army. The Sikhs too had to fight the rajput soldiers of the mughals.

If you hate the mughals then also hate those who helped the mughals.

Back
Top Bottom