What's new

MQM received funding from Govt of India!! - BBC

Todays BBC report based on UK authorities,UK police and UK judiciary

The UK authorities started investigating the MQM in 2010 when a senior party leader, Imran Farooq, was stabbed to death outside his home in north London.

In the course of those inquiries the police found around £500,000 ($787,350) in the MQM's London offices and in the home of MQM leader Altaf Hussain. That prompted a second investigation into possible money laundering.

In the course of the inquiries the UK authorities found a list itemising weapons, including mortars, grenades and bomb-making equipment in an MQM property, according to Pakistani media reports that the BBC believes to be credible. The list included prices for the weapons. Asked about the list, the MQM made no response.

As the UK police investigations have progressed, the British judiciary has been taking an increasingly tough line on the MQM. Back in 2011 a British judge adjudicating an asylum appeal case found that "the MQM has killed over 200 police officers who have stood up against them in Karachi".

Last year another British judge hearing another such case found: "There is overwhelming objective evidence that the MQM for decades had been using violence."

From BBC news

Pakistan's MQM 'received Indian funding' - BBC News

Why are Pakistani authorities so weak and incompetent ? Why not do something about it ???
Like banning BBC reporters from entering Pakistan? :D

Thats how all states function. It's just that some have enough media clout to bury their dirty work.
European states no longer hire mercenaries. Its a thing for cave dwellers :D

Sigh! The reason I don't reply new bees(or login with other IDs) Altaf jae bhadd mein I'm taking about MQM a party the voice of Karachi the voice of Urdu Bolne wale Sindhis, AH should be go and give MQM run by someone else As he so controversial character these months.

Yes you can call me a newbie but i have been following defence.pk since 2004. But thats out of topic. I am a Baloch, then does it mean i should say that BLA or Baloch National movement is "The Voice of Baloch and Balochi speaking people"? I am first Muslim then Pakistani then Baloch, but you seems to be first Muslim (i hope) then Muhajir then Pakistani. There is a difference Siddiqui sahab. "Voice of Urdu speaking". Sigh!

And i extremely hate BLA, BLF and also MQM. Bcz they are linked to RAW.

"Karakorum" the majestic beauty of those snowbound heights comes to mind duly ruined by looking that puffed up face of AH ...
And I had you as a diehard MQM supporter - Why have you got that 'mutt' as your DP?
This is the actual picture of Ufone ad.
D9jN5.jpg

And now check my dp :-D :p:

So what did India gain by funding MQM? Did they manage to change public opinion in India's favour? Obviously not! Even hardcore MQM supporters are as anti-Indians as any other Pakistanis.

There is nothing new in this. Just 'cause it's published by BBC, doesn't mean it's any credible. They are only quoting sources from Pakistan. These kinda allegations have been levelled against MQM even in the past...& will continue in the future too...

Sir

Can you just confirm if BBC and other British media reports are considered sacrosanct in Pakistan?

If so then should I post here large number of British Media reports alleging Pakistan hand in terrorism in India and then would you accept them too?

Would you then condemn and punish those that have been alleged by British Media to resort to terrorism?
You're missing the point.

For years, India has portrayed Pakistan as the 'bad guy'. The state that sponsors terrorists, mumbai bombings, parliament attack etc. And the worldwide media has ate it up.

The reality is that both countries have been and continue to conduct covert operations against one another. You are going to sit there and tell me that RAW has never taken advantage of our weaknesses whether it be through BLA, TTP or MQM? They wouldn't be doing their jobs if they didn't.

Indians just need to realize that when it comes to geopolitics, there is no good guy and bad guy. It's all the same all around.

Back
Top Bottom