What's new

Moving from subsonic to supersonic cruse missiels.

ufone

New Recruit

Reaction score
with respect, i request all the senior members to share their valuable knowledge, as i feel that valiadating the subsonic systems is not enough. I think it is a time of past now because the world is already moving towards super and hypersonic missiel system and that the defence systems against these subsonic systems is getting better. So should pak stay with it or move towards supersonic mis. Systems?
Thanks!

All three subsonic, supersonic and hypersonic missiles have their own sets of advantages and disadvantages.

So, it all boils down to what are your requirements and how fat is your wallet to develop and maintain those systems.

with respect, i request all the senior members to share their valuable knowledge, as i feel that valiadating the subsonic systems is not enough. I think it is a time of past now because the world is already moving towards super and hypersonic missiel system and that the defence systems against these subsonic systems is getting better. So should pak stay with it or move towards supersonic mis. Systems?
Thanks!

i am so sorry i am not senior .although the role of sub sonic and super sonic in different and both will work for job done sir . world is not moving from sub sonic to supersonic .for example raad ALCM storm shadow and other subsonic stealth missiles are very very effective at war time .they catch the target when target has no idea whats coming on .but supersonic with high RCS can detect but the edge of speed cover it and they also can hit the target .i request you to read this file
http://www.marshall.org/pdf/materials/522.pdf

i cant understand how hyper/supersonic can be true ground hugging cruise missiles . wont the shock wave rebound from ground and wreak havok?
also the air density at sea level is far greater than at height. and dust particles.
flying supersonic at height makes sense but at just above ground level is like flying through fruit cake.....and then the abbrassion.of dust.
too many questions here

I wish Pakistan had BrahMos or a similar weapon...it could boost our deterrence against India to a maximum level...

Nop......Pakistan has got better or equivalent missiles...supersonic does not mean better

Do you realize how quicker could be nuclearly armed supersonic cruise missile?

Babur is much slower,it can be detected by AWACS and can be taken out by Aircrafts...because it goes in terrain-hugging mode in the terminal phase.

A supersonic CM gives no time to the enemy to react,specially when it is flying low...

I wish Pakistan had BrahMos or a similar weapon...it could boost our deterrence against India to a maximum level...

We could always sell you YJ 12s. You would have too buy JH 7s too as they are only platform these missiles have.

this thread is full of both Indian and Chinese sales persons :P

Do you realize how quicker could be nuclearly armed supersonic cruise missile?

Babur is much slower,it can be detected by AWACS and can be taken out by Aircrafts...because it goes in terrain-hugging mode in the terminal phase.

A supersonic CM gives no time to the enemy to react,specially when it is flying low...

Fur nukes we dont need Brahmos..
Supersonic means high heat signature,less maneuverability,and very good radar signature...due to not being ground hugging ..

i dont think anyother nation except russia and now india has supersonic cruise missiles.

Back
Top Bottom