What's new

Motorway IG butters Nawaz in media, at cost of Rs0.9m of taxpayers money

Leader

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Despite serious financial crisis facing the government, the IG Motorway Police has got published a full-page advertisement using poor tax payers’ money in different national dailies on Wednesday to congratulate PML-N chief Nawaz Sharif on becoming Prime Minister.

With strong fears that every other government department would follow the suit to please the newly elected PM, it is a big challenge for Nawaz Sharif whether he would allow such sycophancy by other government departments too at the cost of public money and will take strict disciplinary action by awarding an exemplary punishment to the officer.

The Motorway Police ad as published on Wednesday is politicized to the extent that it contains name and picture IG Motorway Zafar Abbas Luk along with picture of Nawaz Sharif as it happens in political parties’ ads. Zafar Abbas Luk is known for his bad repute and he has played extremely controversial role during the previous government by confronting judiciary as federal secretary Narcotics and as DG FIA.

If such officers are not reined in immediately they will play havoc with the public exchequer to win the good will of the new chief executive of the country.

As federal secretary narcotics, Luk did his best to bailout powerful elite involved in heinous ephedrine scandal and repeatedly confronted Supreme Court. He was a junior grade-21 officer at that time. Later, when an honest DG FIA Javed Iqbal resisted a move of arresting and torturing of a 70 years old cashier of a powerful political family of Lahore on orders of the then interior ministry Czar, Luk was appointed as DG FIA in a move to further infuriate apex court. Luk’s whole career is full of scandals, NAB corruption references and acting on the winking of his political masters. Luck’s promotion to grade-21 was deferred twice but later a political party leadership came to his rescue.

Highly reputed former Chairman of Federal Public Service Commission (FPSC) General (R) Jamshaid Gulzar Kiyani (Late) had declared him unfit for promotion because of

pending corruption cases inquiries in NAB against him. During his posting in Gujranawala, Luk was accused of getting a land occupied. He was declared innocent during an inquiry by his police colleagues. However, the then president ordered Core Commander Gujranwala to conduct an independent inquiry, who held Luk guilty of this crime. But, again the political party leaders saved the day for Luk.

Zafar Abbas Luk while talking to The News said that advertisement was published in connection with today’s event as new Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif had made the motorway so it was important to congratulate him on this occasion from the Motorway Police.

Luk said that basically the advertisement supplement was also apprising public about the road safety measures taken by Motorway Police during last one year. He said he was not a kind of officer who use to do buttering of prime ministers or bosses. He said Mian Nawaz Sahab was very kind (Luk used word ‘maherbaan’) to him.

He said it is true that he is close to some politicians as they are his relatives. “Being relative of any politician never means that you can do a government job,” Luk said.Luk denied that politicians’ ever helped him in getting any promotion. He said that whatever he did during the ephedrine case as federal secretary of narcotics was not wrong.

He said that one of his reports regarding ephedrine scam submitted in the Islamabad High Court caused misunderstandings. Luk denied all charges regarding corruption and occupation of land in Gujranwala. Luk said that he is an honest officer and today’s advertisement was just in connection with the occasion.Spokesman of Motorway Police Javed Chaudhry told The News that total budget of advertisement supplement was around Rs9 lac (Rs0.9 million).

Motorway IG butters Nawaz in media, at cost of Rs0.9m of taxpayers money - thenews.com.pk

mashallah, ganja has no less khushamadis

Aakhir naukri bhi to chahiyay na.

It would be epic if Nawaz Sharif keeps up with this guy as IG Motorway Police.

Pleasing others for personal gain is nothing new, but it should not come at the public's/taxpayer's expense.

Motorway IG's explanation sought over ad row
The Establishment Division on Thursday sought an explanation from Inspector General of Motorway Police for publishing a congratulatory advertisement in the national dailies.

According to well placed sources, the Motorway chief was served a notice to explain his position regarding publication of advertisement in the national dailies in which he congratulated the newly elected govt.
In a full-page advertisement appeared on June 5 in national dailies, the IG Police Motorway felicitated the newly elected democratic dispensation by highlighting the achievements of his force. The advertisement cost would be borne from the tax payers' money especially at a time when the new government is in place with clear intention of robust drive for undertaking austerity at all levels to save the cash strapped exchequer.
, bearing the burden of financial crunch and burgeoning debt.
Such advertisements by government officials and entities during the past democratic dispensation had drawn scathing criticism political parties as well by a bench of the Supreme Court headed by Justice Jawwad S Khawaja during hearing of the media commission case.
The advertisement also carried name and picture of IG Motorway Zafar Abbas Luk giving a look of an advertisement, floated by a political party or a non-governmental organization.
Re-appearance of much politicized advertisement in the national dailies will also embarrass the new government its main priority is to efface a culture of getting political mileage by the government servants through such antics and that too at the expense of the national kitty

nas-5-7620131.gif

Daily ummat |Latest news,Urdu News, Breaking news, Pakistan News, World news, business, sport and multimedia

geo news tweeted that NS was not happy and issued a notice, lets see. This khushamdi culture must stop

good, atleast you have realized something, the rose petal rain over lahore was also a bit too much... plus whats the need to advertise on tv now?

nawaz is a khushamad pasand, and he likes it still I am sure.

good, atleast you have realized something, the rose petal rain over lahore was also a bit too much... plus whats the need to advertise on tv now?

nawaz is a khushamad pasand, and he likes it still I am sure.

I dont think rose petal was govt's money. Who ever did it I dont care. I prefered to offer namaz e shukrana

I dont think rose petal was govt's money. Who ever did it I dont care. I prefered to offer namaz e shukrana

with this mentality, I am not really sure if Allah would be very pleased with your shukranay kay nafal. .

Quran ko samajh ker paro..

with this mentality, I am not really sure if Allah would be very pleased with your shukranay kay nafal. .

Quran ko samajh ker paro..

His money his style. He is not taking someone's money and he is not committing crime.

@PTI

This is absurd and just plain stupid.

If the motorway chief wasted tax payer money, please take him to the court !

Our CJ is roaming around with his D!cK in his hand, waiting for someone to be brought in.

Let the law, and the CJ take care of this, and I am certain it will never ever be done again.

When PTI said, it will not be friendly opposition that was fine, but while it is not friendly to the government it shouldn't be complacent. ( Na-Laiq opposition ).

Back
Top Bottom