What's new

Most Prestigious Professions?

6) Nobel prizewinner
5) Billionaire
4) President of the U.S. (if from the Democratic Party)
3) Movie Star (or associated celebrity)
2) Professional Athlete
1)Firefighter

Indeed it is.....Even i wanted to be a Firefighter but,Kuwait doesn't take's expatriates as firefighter and i don't want to go pakistan so the plan was unfortunately changed....

ICS was before independence,(Imperial civil services) I guess civil services of Pakistan must be of the same calibre.

its still called indian civil service, thats y i abbreviated it..
indian procedure is a bit different..the candidates r filtered initially n the succesful ones appear in the competitve exams..in pakistan all appear in exams..but yes the competition is tough!!

indian procedure is a bit different..the candidates r filtered initially n the succesful ones appear in the competitve exams..in pakistan all appear in exams..but yes the competition is tough!!

Indian Administrative Service - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hmm Would like to know the details about the executive branch of Pak government.
In India you have Prelims, of which about 11000 are selected then Mains then Interviews

You are very correct about the procedure in India, but may i venture a small correction. It is now called the IAS (Indian Administrative Service).

Indian Administrative Service - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hmm Would like to know the details about the executive branch of Pak government.
In India you have Prelims, of which about 11000 are selected then Mains then Interviews

i ve been using this link...
Civil Services India,UPSC Exam India,IAS Results,Civil Services Exam by UPSC India,UPSC Results,IAS Exam 2010 Syllabus,Civil Service India,IAS Coaching Centers in India,Books For Upsc IAS Exam,IAS Syllabus,UPSC Exam Paper,Upsc Exam Schedule,Upsc Stud
btw civil service isnt executive branch..
here in pakistan in 2009, 915 candidates cleared the written n were called for interview..this time the no is 636..(out of 7752 i guess)..the difference obviously is bcoz of population..

i ve been using this link...
Civil Services India,UPSC Exam India,IAS Results,Civil Services Exam by UPSC India,UPSC Results,IAS Exam 2010 Syllabus,Civil Service India,IAS Coaching Centers in India,Books For Upsc IAS Exam,IAS Syllabus,UPSC Exam Paper,Upsc Exam Schedule,Upsc Stud
btw civil service isnt executive branch..
here in pakistan in 2009, 915 candidates cleared the written n were called for interview..this time the no is 636..(out of 7752 i guess)..the difference obviously is bcoz of population..

how many are finally selected?any idea?

how many are finally selected?any idea?

that depends on availability of seats..varies from year to year..last yr there were 388 seats (highest no ever)..this years no hasnt been announced yet..normally they are from 150 to 300..

that depends on availability of seats..varies from year to year..last yr there were 388 seats (highest no ever)..this years no hasnt been announced yet..normally they are from 150 to 300..

finally some sane discussion!!!:pdf::pdf:

You are very correct about the procedure in India, but may i venture a small correction. It is now called the IAS (Indian Administrative Service).

A little more correction..There is no exam for IAS separately..
Exam is conducted by UPSC and the successful candidates are then allotted IFS,IAS, IPS and Allied services..Toppers get to chose while others dont have the option..

However one thing is for sure..MOST DIFFICULT COMPETITION in INDIA..

Engineers like Edison did a thousand times more for humanity than so called celebrated nerds like Einstein.....

from some vague theory on paper to practically creating a tech miracle....CREDIT engineers.....

Engineers are the koolest of all :cheers:

Before I ask you anything, here is my stand.
I can not compare the contributions of Edison and Einstein at all, both are immense and absolutely unrelated.

Now, what, in your opinion, are the contributions of Einstein?

Regards,
Anoop.

Religious scholar

1) Mufti Saab
or

Pundit, Priest or whatever you wanna call them

Back
Top Bottom