What's new

Most Prestigious Professions?

Urbanized Greyhound said:
Engineers like Edison did a thousand times more for humanity than so called celebrated nerds like Einstein.....

What about the spats between Edison and Tesla ?

blink blink, and who stupid never thought, most of forumers here are engineers or gonna be engineers???????????????????????????????? :angry:

its not a profession by definition at least..

It is actually :agree: - Maulvi too get paid from their mosques, centres and organisations :)
---------------------------------------
Marriage bureau

Also i think a fighter pilot job is also Prestigious , In-fact commercial ones are too good.

Engineers like Edison did a thousand times more for humanity than so called celebrated nerds like Einstein.....

from some vague theory on paper to practically creating a tech miracle....CREDIT engineers.....

Edison was a tinkerer. Infact he employed a team of people to develop things in his lab, but took all the credit for himself.
Menlo Park became the first institution set up with the specific purpose of producing constant technological innovation and improvement. Edison was legally attributed with most of the inventions produced there, though many employees carried out research and development work under his direction. His staff was generally told to carry out his directions in conducting research, and he drove them hard to produce results. The large research group included engineers and other workers.
My grandfather was a tinkerer and had a couple of patents to his name. He was just a 10th pass but lived off the royalty his 'inventions' generated. That was before the computerization replaced 'mechanical' mechanisms.

Einstein OTOH, was a genius. His contribution for which he won the Nobel prize - the explanation of the Photoeletric effect in the paper titled "On a Heuristic Viewpoint Concerning the Production and Transformation of Light" led to the development of a slew of modern technologies including night vision goggles, image sensors etc!

Bottom line - tinkerers abound a dozen by the dime while original thinkers are rare to come by.

In India it goes like...
1) a) Collector (As the oldies say... you have an entire district under your hand :hitwall:)
b) IPS officer
2) Doctor (prestigious but difficult to get a girl or dowry:angel:)
3) Software engineer - US(lots of matches and dowry:devil:). BTW there are categories in this IIT, NIT, IIIT. MSFT, Google, TCS etc.,:rofl:
4) Software engineer - india(little less dowry:woot:)
5) MBA
6) DRDO or ISRO scientists(Indians forgot that there can be scientists elsewhere also and that there are branches of engineering other than computers)
7) Teacher?(More holidays, pension, free tuition for kids, will raise kids with discipline... in other words makes them into one of the above in a religious way :sad:)

These days lawyers are loosers unlike the pre-independence times when all our granpas used to jump on the boat to become barristers.
Politicians and actors come under a different group. They are like two different castes which can intermarry to make a powerful union. If you are a girl in the caste you are engaged on your 18th birthday and married on your graduation day. If you are a guy, you won't get married till the next highest net worth big shot guy decides to marry off his daughter. Police...

Last edited:
Whatever it is, I can tell you for sure it is NOT IT. If you want your kids to have a good life do not let them pursue IT as a career.

even if dont have something to code or get done with my project, i keep my self occupied by experimenting with Android App developement ..
Dudes whyd u say that. WebDev is not that big deal Its a doable task unless u r really into making Algos for apps.. thats really a pain but once done , Ur the king....!!!!

I think the best profession is of being a teacher ... For all of u ,in ur lives if u ever came across a good teacher , u'll remember him for the rest of ur life...!!!

teaching is the best profession....

"Give a Man a Fish, Feed Him For a Day. Teach a Man to Fish, Feed Him For a Lifetime"

:bunny:Gharjamai/Ghardamad:bunny:
20040804_Milwaukee_Dads_Packer_Practice_31_Small_Web_view.jpg

Whatever it is, I can tell you for sure it is NOT IT. If you want your kids to have a good life do not let them pursue IT as a career.

kehte the...duniya dekhni hai...amrika jaana hai to IT joi karlo...
growth chahiye to IT join karlo...
IT pe sab qurbaan kar diya...badle mein codes aur ghante lambe hote chalegaye...
Pakistan mein bhi exact same halaat hain kya IT kay?

IT (Software development) is a good field these days in the west. Because there are actually jobs in that field.

my list

Rational Defence Analyst like Munshi Sir
Journalist like noble lady Ms Jana
World Peace Champion like Omar1984

Back
Top Bottom