What's new

Most misunderstood word of recent times, what does Jihad actually mean?

Jazzbot

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
What is the point of telling everybody that the real meaning is something else? Is that any consolation to millions of people who have been victims of the "not real" jihad? The point is that there are millions of muslims who believe jihad to be a worldly war against infidels or anybody they dislike, and that jihad is the one that is making any significant consequence today, not the "real" version. Hundreds of thousands of muslims are actively waging physical jihad today, millions have done so in the past, in every day and age since islam began.

Try to teach your own people the "real meaning" of jihad and make them stop doing what you think is the unreal one. After that, you can teach others about the real meaning. Until then, while your fellowmen are slaughtering people everywhere and calling it jihad, the victims of jihad are not the ones you should be rushing to with a dictionary.

In short: Tell it to the muslims doing the unreal jihad, and convince them.

I'm aware that originally it was a concept of self improvement or self defence etc but over time words take on a meaning of their own, and these days it means terrorism.. beheadings, suicide bombings etc

but overall you could say it's a pretty misunderstood word.. kinda like 'chutia', which is everyday speak in certain parts of India and means 'fool' but other parts of the country associate it with 'chut' (female genitalia) so it's considered quite rude :laugh:

aur mai kea si.. sab jihadi chutie hote hain :sarcastic:

What is the point of telling everybody that the real meaning is something else?

To teach a few trolls who go gaga after every terror attack by some bunch of lunatics.

Is that any consolation to millions of people who have been victims of the "not real" jihad?

Millions, really? Try again, may be they were in billions or probably gazillions, no?

The point is that there are millions of muslims who believe jihad to be a worldly war against infidels or anybody they dislike, and that jihad is the one that is making any significant consequence today, not the "real" version.

Hundreds of thousands of muslims are actively waging physical jihad today, millions have done so in the past, in every day and age since islam began.

Contradicting numbers in every sentence. Make up your mind first.

Try to teach your own people the "real meaning" of jihad and make them stop doing what you think is the unreal one. After that, you can teach others about the real meaning. Until then, while your fellowmen are slaughtering people everywhere and calling it jihad, the victims of jihad are not the ones you should be rushing to with a dictionary.

In short: Tell it to the muslims doing the unreal jihad, and convince them.

We Muslims know what Jihad means, those who are using this word for their benefit are doing so to give themselves some sort of leverage to gain support of illitrate people. Yes these illiterate people needs to be educated. Then there are non-Muslims like you who use this word intentionally to pinch the blame on Islam and Muslims.

Millions, really? Try again, may be they were in billions or probably gazillions, no?
More than a million have been affected by the effects of jihad. Affected doesn't just mean dead.

There is no contradiction there. I am usually very careful when I post. I said millions believe, while hundreds of thousands act on those beliefs. The latter is a subset of the former. Not everybody who believes something acts out that belief. Even on this forum there are a few members who believe in jihading others, although they (I presume) have not done so themselves. So instead of trying to find contradictions in my posts, try convincing your fellow religionists that real jihad is what you think it means, not what they think it means. I assure you, that will be an easier task than finding logical or factual contradictions in my posts.:cool:

We Muslims know what Jihad means, those who are using this word for their benefit are doing so to give themselves some sort of leverage to gain support of illitrate people. Yes these illiterate people needs to be educated. Then there are non-Muslims like you who use this word intentionally to pinch the blame on Islam and Muslims.
If you are trying the "no true scotsman" fallacy, spare me. That's the easiest cop out - "we the real muslims know what jihad is, but the illiterate ones mistake it for something else..." There is a reason that this fallacy has even been given a name in informal logic - because it is all too common. The fact of the matter is that there are plenty of muslims - yes, muslims - who are NOT illiterate or poor, who still believe in or even do jihad. Coincidentally, "Jihadi John" 's identity was revealed today - he is a computer science graduate from the university of Westminster. The dude who was beheading people left, right and center was not an illiterate - far from it. Until you learn to accept the unpleasant truth that a lot of muslims believe jihad to be the physical one, and are in fact indulging in it, quibbling with non muslims over word meanings is pointless.

As for your last sentence - you are making it personal, and I welcome that. Could you point a simgle post of mine where I have blamed islam unjustly? Where religious beliefs had no role to play?

it means terrorism in this world so I don't care to know its true meaning.I am just aware that jehad is violence done by muslim terrorists against humans in name of allah/Islam to get 72 virgins in heavens.

Jihad means genocide ,suicide bombing upon kafirs and murtids.

jihad means suicide bombing killing beheading waging war on civilians and using religion for political geographic disputes

It has less to do with what it actually means and more to do with what it has come to be associated with.

Take the word "Gay" for example. As such the word originally and still in it essence means to be happy. But today its only reference is to homosexuality.

To teach a few trolls who go gaga after every terror attack by some bunch of lunatics.

What about those born n brought in western countries yet rushing to Syria for same ISIS jihad ? There is no way you can inject a sense with concept of jihad at least with trends heavily supporting the terrorists version n same time can you show us example of decontaminated jihad follower with known credentials of following said version of Jihad in OP ?
Its not the words that makes a difference but the acts of followers....

It has less to do with what it actually means and more to do with what it has come to be associated with.

Take the word "Gay" for example. As such the word originally and still in it essence means to be happy. But today its only reference is to homosexuality.

Your avatar looks gay !

originally :D

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom