What's new

Morocco is getting closer to receiving Chinese long-range air defence systems

J-10 is the backbone of PLAAF. China should not export J-10C. This is top secret technology.
China is not Russia. They do not need money from arms exports.
That is what I am saying, export capable systems but not what you use exactly.

That is what I am saying, export capable systems but not what you use exactly.
The export version is of course not exactly the same as that of PLA, but it doesn't mean that it is downgraded. If you can afford the price, you can get something much better than that of PLA, just like Type 054A/P.

Downgraded export like Russia or USA does.
The domestic version will always be better than the export version ... this is true for all countries militaries. That said, I doubt the difference is anything substantial.

I am assuming PLA received better system before the country gives the green pass for HQ–9B.
PLA already has HQ-9C

Not quite right
For example, in the case of VT-4

1. China can learn from the way the Russians and Americans export poor quality versions of the weapons they are using. For example, Abrams tanks do not have "depleted uranium ammunition." T-72 tanks lack sophisticated firing control systems. But instead of exporting poor quality Type-99, they decided to create a new tank (VT-4) for export.

2. The Type-99 armor is more protective than VT-4 due to the use of special materials
VT-4 is a tank born later, it inherits many advantages of Type-99. The advantage of VT-4 over Type-99 is in electronics and active protection systems.
I'm pretty sure the Type 99A tanks have better electronics and active protection systems than the VT-4s? If these advanced technologies can find their way into the export variant, why can they not go into the domestic variant, which is more important for defense?

I'm pretty sure the Type 99A tanks have better electronics and active protection systems than the VT-4s? If these advanced technologies can find their way into the export variant, why can they not go into the domestic variant, which is more important for defense?
VT-4 is not the export version of ZTZ-99A, and ZTZ-99A is not for export.

Morocco has the Chinese Sky Dragon 50 air defense system, and the refiner PHL-03 / AR-2. The photos were announced last March.

IMG-20200306-WA0007.jpg
IMG-20200306-WA0006.jpg
IMG-20200306-WA0005.jpg

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom