What's new

More tears for India | Pakistan stop supply of onions.

:P oh bhai we buy it from shops and even street vendors at that price.

You know this year the tomato growers earned up to Rs25 Lakh per crop :azn: these were sold at Rs200 per kg[/QUOTE]

Actually the original growers do not get that much price. See the Onions that are selling @56/- (in my state capital in eastern part of India and my area of market is the costliest) are by the venders. Venders get them @45/- from the Cold storage including transport. Now cold storage owners only takes the rent for storage. The real owners of those maal are the investors with money. They must have bought onion @10/- per kg or at less at the harvest time and now they are reaping the benefits.
BTW yesterday I did my marketing and the retail price was for good quality : Brinjal, Tamoto - 24/-, ladies finger - 20/-, Parwal - 30/- onion - 56/-, Beans - 40/-, bitter gaurd - 30/-(small) and 24/-(big). So you can guess what would be the other prices. But in metro the prices are double. You go to smaller town the prices are lower with few vegetables.When you earn more you are also fleeced more...:D

Make your girl cry tears of joy – buy her an onion ring!

onion%20engagement%20ring_thumb%5B1%5D.jpg

Onions are a girl's best friends ...

It was expected. Anyway prices will be high for next 2 months and will be normal only after new onions begin to come in markets from fields.

It's the Market commodities mafia coupled with agriculture ministers who periodically, make artificial shortages of onion in market to loot people.Why onions? Cos its used everyday and it can be stored without refrigeration in open warehouses, unlike tomatoes which get spoiled fast.They store all available onions on market and create shortages once the price has risen high enough they flood the onions stored thereby earning more.

Back
Top Bottom