What's new

More Muslim died in firing by policemen during Gujrat Riot

K-Xeroid

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
More Muslims than Hindus died in firing by policemen

The Narendra Modi-led Gujarat government does not acknowledge the Concerned Citizens Tribunal, but is on the same page with it on one facet of the 2002 riots in the state. More Muslims died in police firing during the riots than Hindus, show the government's statistics and the report of the tribunal headed by former Supreme Court judge justice VR Krishna Iyer.

According to the tribunal, which conducted its own probe into the massacres, this skewed body count defies logic because the riots were largely led by Hindus.

The casualty figures due to police firing vary too. The tribunal states 104 of the 184 people killed were Muslims. Government puts the death toll at 170 - 93 Muslims and 77 Hindus.

According to state government records, of more than 1,200 people killed in the riots, nearly 950 were Muslims.
The riots had erupted after the torching of the Sabarmati Express near Godhra on February 27, 2002.

The tribunal said in its report of November 2002, "The shocking levels of police complicity in the Gujarat carnage cannot be over-emphasised… not only did the local police not do anything to stop the Hindu mobs; they actually turned their guns on the helpless Muslim victims."
In 2004, when Indian Police Service officer Rahul Sharma deposed before the Modi government-appointed Nanavati Commission probing the riots, he had said after more Hindus died in police firing than Muslims in Bhavnagar, Gordhan Zadaphia, the state's the then junior home minister, had asked him to maintain ratio.

Sharma was the superintendent of police of Bhavnagar district during the riots.

According to Sharma, "Zadaphia had called, on March 16, 2002, and said that the toll in police firing in the district was weighted too heavily against the Hindu community as against the Muslims - at 5 to 1."

"I had explained to the minister that the casualty ratio in police firing depended on the composition of the mob… if 90% of the mob is Hindu, then obviously 90% of the casualty will be Hindus," he had deposed.[/SIZE]

More Muslims than Hindus died in firing by policemen - Hindustan Times

Another way to put it is that almost half of those killed by the Gujarat police, after a Muslim mob burnt a train full of Hindu families, were Hindus.

I fully agree as to the better way of putting the headline, however as for the muslim mob torching the train, investigations revealed a different story, or at best is controversial.

I dont have religious view of those riots for me my fellow humans or indians died in that but still for people like you who are so hell bent on religion should first see that muslims were the one who started those riots

I fully agree as to the better way of putting the headline, however as for the muslim mob torching the train, investigations revealed a different story, or at best is controversial.

Thats selective understanding of investigations..is nt it?

There were number of investigations on Godhra Train 'incident'.One report says there was definitely a sinister plot and the other report says it was an accident. Pakistanis tend to focus on the second one.

Similarly, there were also investigations on post -godhra riots. every one of them had given clean chit to Narendra modi. Every one agreed that there was definite failure in governance by the Modi gov. but they were not involved in supporting the rioters. These reports are not accepted by Pakistanis as it will mean the Hindus are not evil after all..

I dont have religious view of those riots for me my fellow humans or indians died in that but still for people like you who are so hell bent on religion should first see that muslims were the one who started those riots

Is all of Indian society 9 years old?
If a group of loonies do something bad does that give you the right to murder innocent people?

Thats selective understanding of investigations..is nt it?

There were number of investigations on Godhra Train 'incident'.One report says there was definitely a sinister plot and the other report says it was an accident. Pakistanis tend to focus on the second one.

Similarly, there were also investigations on post -godhra riots. every one of them had given clean chit to Narendra modi. Every one agreed that there was definite failure in governance by the Modi gov. but they were not involved in supporting the rioters. These reports are not accepted by Pakistanis as it will mean the Hindus are not evil after all..

to hell with pakistan why do we care if they accept it or not infact why are they even so worried about it in the first place how many pakistani died there

These reports are not accepted by Pakistanis as it will mean the Hindus are not evil after all..

No religion as per my knowledge spreads teaching of evil; hence no religion is evil in nature. However its the followers within each and every religion that cast a shadow of negativity which we should be on the watch

every investigation is true and unbiased which favours your mindset....and every other investigation that doesnt suit u is indian propaganda or conspiracy by the govt of india....this is how i have seen the mindset of majority of pakistanis whom i have interacted with over the net (not just on pdf)

---------- Post added at 07:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:00 PM ----------

and btw....who the hell cares if muslims died or hindus died......

its a really sad incident coz INDIANS died....

theres no need to divide the society

If a group of loonies do something bad does that give you the right to murder innocent people?
no it dosen't i dont support those rioters who killed those innocent muslims but if they would have killed those muslims who were behind that train burning they would have had my full sympathy

no it dosen't i dont support those rioters who killed those innocent muslims but if they would have killed those muslims who were behind that train burning they would have had my full sympathy

that is the problem with the sub continent.
People have no respect for the law.
I don't think any of us will ever progress with this kind of mentality.

And really, respect for the law is what separates the civilized from the uncivilized.

that is the problem with the sub continent.
People have no respect for the law.
I don't think any of us will ever progress with this kind of mentality.

And really, respect for the law is what separates the civilized from the uncivilized.
sadly its true although some people don't accept it openly but this is not only limited to sub continent most of the world is like that

Probably the best comment of this thread...
Although you should reduce the age to 3.

Back
Top Bottom