What's new

Moon not sighted in Pakistan; first Ramazan to be observed on Tuesday

Dubious

RETIRED MOD
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Moon not sighted in Pakistan; first Ramazan to be observed on Tuesday

moon-not-sighted-in-pakistan-first-ramazan-to-be-observed-on-tuesday-1557077150-4279.jpg

https://nation.com.pk/NewsSource/nni
NNI

10:25 PM | May 05, 2019

Moon for the month of Ramazan ul Mubarak 1440 was not sighted in Pakistan on Sunday, therefore, first Ramazan would be observed in the country on Tuesday.

“I would like to bring this into your notice that reports of all the offices of the Pakistan Meteorological Department (PMD) as well as Jamiatur Rasheed, Karachi have been taken into account for this announcement,” said Central Ruet-e-Hilal Committee Chairman Mufti Muneeb-ur-Rehman.

Earlier, the Central Ruet-e-Hilal Committee on Sunday barred the Pakistan Meteorological Department (PMD) from making any predicted regarding moon saying that its prediction created confusion among masses.

A notification in this regard read a control room was setup to collect witnesses of moon sighting, therefore the PMD should not make any prediction.

The Central Ruet-e-Hilal Committee met on Sunday evening for the moon sighting of Ramazan ul Mubarak.

https://nation.com.pk/05-May-2019/m...istan-first-ramazan-to-be-observed-on-tuesday

I am sorry but I feel this Muneeb guy is like some Mafia dude...he refuses to take "biyaan from KPK" and now he refuses Pakistan Meteorological Department (PMD) form what he claims to be "prediction" when today's technology gives you better telescope and satelitte view....he calls these "predictions that will confuse the masses"?

Maybe he is the confused one! He needs to be replaced or we will NEVER see the moon - we havent for years! For Ramadan and EID ...and even Bakra Eid which is supposed to be for Haj we celebrate differently...

If anything he "creates confusion among masses" through divided Ramadan and Eid!

Moon not sighted in Pakistan
What a shocker...

Some things will never change. These people talk about KSA and wanting to follow its footsteps, but I think its time someone from Saudi came here & taught them the fundamentals of moon sightings.

I am sorry but I feel this Muneeb guy is like some Mafia dude...he refuses to take "biyaan from KPK" and now he refuses Pakistan Meteorological Department (PMD) form what he claims to be "prediction" when today's technology gives you better telescope and satelitte view....he calls these "predictions that will confuse the masses"?

Maybe he is the confused one! He needs to be replaced or we will NEVER see the moon - we havent for years! For Ramadan and EID ...and even Bakra Eid which is supposed to be for Haj we celebrate differently...

If anything he "creates confusion among masses" through divided Ramadan and Eid!
I disagree brother.

Moon cannot be possibly sighted in Islamabad on Sunday night according to Her Majesty's Nautical Almanac Office (HMNAO).

http://astro.ukho.gov.uk/psp/index_beta.html

Aap ko bhi hazrat i m sure iss waqt aap tu pehli sehri bhi kar chuky hn gy
What about the rest of the country?

I believe some parts of KPK are starting Ramadan on Monday.

What about the rest of the country?
All Ahl-e-Sunnat Wa'l Jama'at (pre-dominently Pakistanis) simply go by the announcement made on the British Islamic Channel, Noor TV.

The rest just follow Saudi Arabia.
I believe some parts of KPK are starting Ramadan on Monday.

KPK should be held to task how they manage to sight the moon today when it's scientifically/astronomically not possible.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom