MOL Pakistan to double its investment in K-P

Leader

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
MOL Pakistan to double its investment in K-P

642999-pipline-1386542844-699-640x480.jpg

MOL Pakistan will double its production of hydrocarbon extractions in Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa (K-P) to help meet the energy shortfall, address low gas pressure and increase revenue.

MOL Pakistan Managing Director (MD) Ferenc Juhasz, Political Adviser to MOL Pakistan Ali Murtaza Abbas and Ambassador of Hungary Istvan Szabo called on K-P Chief Minister (CM) Pervez Khattak at Pakhtunkhwa House, Islamabad on Friday, and made the assurances.

The officials of MOL Pakistan informed the CM at the moment two drilling rigs are operational and two more will be installed in Karak and Hangu districts.

MD Ferenc Juhasz discussed the prospect of increasing the exploration of oil and gas resources and said they would continue to contribute to the improvement of skills and transfer of technology to K-P.

The CM apprised the officials of difficulties faced by the province’s domestic users because of low gas pressure and appreciated the company for investing in the province’s oil and gas sector.

MOL Pakistan’s central processing facility was commissioned on October 28, 2009 in Karak and presently has a processing capacity of 300 million standard cubic feet per day and 6,600 barrel per day of gas and oil, respectively.

In 2013, the company’s discoveries of Mami-Khel 2 and Maramzai 2 gas fields also came online with support from the Ministry of Petroleum and provincial government.

Furthermore, under the banner of The Citizen Foundation (TCF), it has been running three schools in Gurguri, Karak equipped with modern facilities. The company also contributes about $1.6 million for the welfare of communities in Pakistan.

Meeting increasing needs: MOL Pakistan to double its investment in K-P – The Express Tribune

And bad old, yes...

Btw, I'm curious why this was not done before. If they could just double it in one go, why keep the pressure low? I would be skeptical of an engineering breakthrough theory.

Better to be late than never. After all, KPK govt is good but not ideal, they are relatively slow on some issues and lots of improvement is still needed. Good that they are at least learning their mistakes and keeping an eye on where they are lacking.

Better to be late than never. After all, KPK govt is good but not ideal, they are relatively slow on some issues and lots of improvement is still needed. Good that they are at least learning their mistakes and keeping an eye on where they are lacking.

It's definitely a good move. I was curious to who had their head stuck in the pipe to slow it down.

Imran will make KPK different from rest of Pakistan. For better or for worst. My bet is on former.

Don't expect overnight changes. Our countries have corruption, indifference, illiteracy etc. sunk deep into our society.

Back
Top Bottom