What's new

Mohammad Rizwan praying on NYC streets

That is pathetic.

You are controlled in your responses by some petty-minded little bigots, it seems. They can make you jump to their tunes.

Last thing I expected from you.

He needn't have, but once he did what he did, I don't think we non-Muslims need to comment on it; we need to be tolerant and move on.

Other Muslims commenting on it is a completely different matter.

These belong very well in a signature for normal, rational people. We could do worse than remind ourselves - I speak entirely as an Indian, with no thought for other nationalities - of these fundamentals (being personally a very private person, I shrank from one of your fundamentals. I hate Holi, and keep getting ambushed by the little ones, who take a special delight in destroying my peace of mind, for instance, although I am a model citizen about my couple of diyas at Diwali).
Frankly - no one needs to comment on it.
Partly because its no one’s business how and when they decide to pray to whom they consider their creator and partly because in the madhouse that is NYC nothing is taboo.

I know that being a proud Indian and being on a Pakistani platform could be very demeaning and ugly. Won't be here for a long time. everything has an expiry date. TC
Much like everyone in Pakistan is a patriot and considers everyone else a traitor it seems every one in India is proud and others are haters if they disagree with them one bit.

It is not difficult to be a proud Indian and being on a Pakistani platform.

It is difficult to be a proud Indian and justify everything that is wrong within our country, just because our pride in being Indian does not permit us to accept any faults. It is only then that it becomes demeaning and ugly.
I didn't know that to be a proud Indian one has to accept India's faults on this platform.

Thanks for advice. Maybe admins find me eligible for the power of rating other members, in case I start using this technique.

TC and keep enjoying what you have done passionately over so many years.

I didn't know that to be a proud Indian one has to accept India's faults on this platform.
As I had suggested to you just above your deliberately misleading post, it is the exact opposite. One does not have to accept India's faults on this platform; one has to refrain from the pretence that no faults exist. There is a subtle difference. No doubt it is preferable to ignore that very uncomfortable difference.

Your thoughts on this? is Rizwan being a public nuisance? or do you support his right to pray anywhere he wants to show off his piousness for Allah in front of others?
To be very honest this is not necessary. He could pray in his room, in his car, on a chair in a cafe.
To disturb people is unislamic. Alhumdulillah by the grace of Allah I pray and I always ensure that my actions do not disturb the people around me.

I don't know but I find Rizwan a bit preachy in terms of his religiosity. I remember him praying in the middle of a game during a T20 match against India. I find this his praying superficial because I didn't see him doing it when Pakistan was losing in another game, but he did it only when Pakistan was winning.
With regards to him praying in the middle of a busy street, if it's allowed it's allowed but I personally feel it's more of a showoff thing than anything. Not saying that he isn't a nice person though.
Pakistanis are very peaceful , religious, pious , honest , tolerant , assimilating , and law abiding people . Rizwan tries to spread message of peace in the world by praying in front of non muslims .he did this just for the benefit of non muslims in america to attract them to right path of islam .

Your thoughts on this? is Rizwan being a public nuisance? or do you support his right to pray anywhere he wants to show off his piousness for Allah in front of others?
The road is empty. How's he being a public nuisance?
In Shariah we are asked not to cause public to lose their rights of using spaces or pathways or other facilities, just because we want to pray. But this situation is totally compliant with the above requirements.

What a wierdo. Its cringe stuff like this that give Pakistanis a bad name. Its just odd.
I have done similar things in the past.
For example In Rotterdam I went looking for a mosque, spent too much time wandering in different directions and couldn't find it. Then realised Maghreb is about to finish and started praying on a grassy patch next to a public road.
Wasn't showing off. But in my mind I was out of options

Pakistanis are very peaceful
no- do us harm, than we are not peaceful
, religious,
not really

yes
tolerant, hard-working, kind, open hearted, friendly, will go to the edge of the world to take of their family, friends, or guest
yes
, assimilating
no, we don't want to lose our culture & way of life
, and law abiding people .
yes vast majority of us are
Rizwan tries to spread message of peace in the world by praying in front of non muslims .he did this just for the benefit of non muslims in america to attract them to right path of islam .
If he indeed did that, there's no issue

Hi,

Prayer should have been a private affair between man / woman and Allah---. But as Pakistanis love to flaunt their religion---they chose to show off in public about their piety---.

The footpath is a filthy place---. During travel---one is permitted to say their missed prayers at one time at a proper location---.

this flaunting of religion is pathetic---.

Rizwan is know to show off his holier than thou attitude quite often---.

It is nothing more then showboating, there is a mosque on every street corner in any urban metro. He could have just walked a few minutes to offer his prayers in a mosque, what message does that give others about his/her faith? it is no wonder most Muslim immigrants are ghettoized and don't do much outside of driving cabs, living on government assistance, or working as low level drones in Kebab shops or Halal food markets.
Hi,

He is used to show-boating praying in that manner---.

Many a pakistanis love to show boat----.

I have done similar things in the past.
For example In Rotterdam I went looking for a mosque, spent too much time wandering in different directions and couldn't find it. Then realised Maghreb is about to finish and started praying on a grassy patch next to a public road.
Wasn't showing off. But in my mind I was out of options
Hi,

Allah has given you permission to miss your prayers when travelling and say them at a convenient time---.

So---what you did was you reject Allah's benevolence that he garnered upon you---.

Basically Allah has given muslim Tokens of Credit to use during travel---in emergency---and most muslims Throw these back at Allah's merciful benevolence ( nauzbillah ) .

LOL, Who cares? USA is a FREE COUNTRY.

If there can be gay pride parades, no one should give a damn for a man praying in public.

End of discussion.

Hi,

Allah has given you permission to miss your prayers when travelling and say them at a convenient time---.

So---what you did was you reject Allah's benevolence that he garnered upon you---.

Basically Allah has given muslim Tokens of Credit to use during travel---in emergency---and most muslims Throw these back at Allah's merciful benevolence ( nauzbillah ) .
Depends on your Fiqah.
However this is an option given , not obligation. The only obligation is two rakah qasr. Instead of 4 .
I follow Hanafi and we don't subscribe to joining two prayers without credible reason.
Such as a danger to life of excessive risk.
I had no such reason to leave the prayer and conjoint it with the next one, just because of my "Convenience".
The convenience I did use was 2 Rakat instead of 4 as In Qasar.

I know that in Malki Fiqah , "Musafir" are allowed joining two prayers , but not obliged. But people join two prayers in travel, even when they can conveniently say prayer at approximate time.

Hi,

I am travelling now in Pakistan...I combine zohar and asar and shorten them as prescribed by prophet muhammed. I also combine magrib and isha and shorten them. Alhumdulillah for Allah's mercy. Makes travelling easy.

I am travelling now in Pakistan...I combine zohar and asar and shorten them as prescribed by prophet muhammed. I also combine magrib and isha and shorten them. Alhumdulillah for Allah's mercy. Makes travelling easy.
That's an option not an obligation.
The only obligation is 2 instead of 4.

Back
Top Bottom