What's new

Mohammad Amir released from prison

Dance

Reaction score
ast bowler Muhammad Amir has been released from prison in England, where he was serving a six-month sentence for spot-fixing.
Once considered cricket’s most promising star, 19-year-old Amir was found guilty in the scandal that shook the cricketing world in May 2010. Amir, along with then skipper of Pakistan’s test team Salman Butt and fellow fast bowler Muhammad Asif, had taken bribes from bookie Mazhar Majeed for bowling no-balls in a test match with Australia.
Undercover reporters from now defunct British publication News Of The World secretly videotaped Majeed during transaction.
In November 2011, Amir, Asif and Butt were found guilty by a London court.
Although Amir has served out his prison sentence, he is yet to finish his five-year ban period.

Mohammad Amir released from prison – The Express Tribune

2-1-2012_95225_1.gif

so now what is the future? can pakistan again take him ?

I think he deserves a fair chance after ban imposed by ICC completes or lifted. :coffee:

So he again comes back,..
No doubt he is a good talent,but lets see whether PCB recalls him or not???

---------- Post added at 11:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:42 PM ----------

So he again comes back,..
No doubt he is a good talent,but lets see whether PCB recalls him or not???

ast bowler Muhammad Amir has been released from prison in England, where he was serving a six-month sentence for spot-fixing.
Once considered cricket’s most promising star, 19-year-old Amir was found guilty in the scandal that shook the cricketing world in May 2010. Amir, along with then skipper of Pakistan’s test team Salman Butt and fellow fast bowler Muhammad Asif, had taken bribes from bookie Mazhar Majeed for bowling no-balls in a test match with Australia.
Undercover reporters from now defunct British publication News Of The World secretly videotaped Majeed during transaction.
In November 2011, Amir, Asif and Butt were found guilty by a London court.
Although Amir has served out his prison sentence, he is yet to finish his five-year ban period.

Mohammad Amir released from prison – The Express Tribune

The Article needs to correct this typo...

---------- Post added at 02:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:08 PM ----------

I think he deserves a fair chance after ban imposed by ICC completes or lifted. :coffee:

Agree.
He is a young kid, belonging to a very very poor family. I can see why he did all this. He deserves to be on the team. His performance didn't stop from bowling no-balls.... I heard somewhere that PCB want him. They won't be stupid to loose a player like that.

The Article needs to correct this typo...

---------- Post added at 02:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:08 PM ----------

Agree.
He is a young kid, belonging to a very very poor family. I can see why he did all this. He deserves to be on the team. His performance didn't stop from bowling no-balls.... I heard somewhere that PCB want him. They won't be stupid to loose a player like that.

i am young too and i am poor too its not mean i start no balls dear . what if he again take money in future at any very very important match like t-20 world cup final or world cup final ?

i am young too and i am poor too its not mean i start no balls dear . what if he again take money in future at any very very important match like t-20 world cup final or world cup final ?

I can see a person through emotions. He was was one of them....
I think he was pressurized due to its poverty. You don't expect guys like Wahab Riaz and Yasir Hameed to eat money, but they did and got away with it.

Surprisingly, not many of us know this, but Wasim Akram and Waqar Younis both got away from spot fixing in the past. They have their names listed world wide for records anyways.

well i am not saying that we should let muhammed Amir be completely free. Give him a chance and we'll keep an eye on him.I think his discipline will be fine under Misbah Ul Haq

It is not poverty, it is more to do with illiteracy.
Ultimately blame should lie on PCB, because it knows the background of people it hires, it should give them training/guidance that such things may happen and they should take care.

the ban on him will release after 5 years and that is too much for a cricketer specially a pace bowler ...living so many years without first class cricket or any international cricket will make him loose his pace and control...he may not be that effective as once he was.... really was a brutal talent ....sad that he hasn't done justice with his talent

amir will never come back

pakistan cricket should be clean from these mess

He committed a crime and suitably punished as well. He was part of the team on merit not on some chit. Now as per his punishment he cannot play professional cricket for five years even his participation in a charity match was objected too. If after five years of ban and six month prison, he still manages to be eligible for selection then he deserves it and should play. Why don't you consider the financial losses for ban period which must have taught him some good lessons. Why you want to punish a person after he had undergone a punishment that he deserved.

Back
Top Bottom