Reaction score
Country
India
Mohammad Amir bids farewell to international cricket
He took 259 wickets in 147 matches
SAMAA | Shoaib Jatt - Posted: Dec 17, 2020 | Last Updated: 2 hours ago

Photo: AFP
Pakistan left-arm pacer Mohammad Amir announced his retirement from international cricket on Thursday.

The left-armer, who arrived at the scene in a T20I game against England in June 2009, participated in 147 international fixtures in which he took 259 wickets.
He was part of the Pakistan squad which won the 2009 World T20I. However, his career faced a downward spiral when he was banned for five years over his involvement in the 2010 spot-fixing scandal during the tour of England in 2010.
Upon his return to the international side, Amir played a leading role in Pakistan’s formidable pace attack and helped the side won its maiden International Cricket Council (ICC) Champions Trophy title back in 2017.
The pacer retired from Test cricket citing workload reasons and has been participating in limited-overs format. The decision also came under strict criticism by several former players and legends.​

He was a good bowler but don't know, I feel that he laid down the Pakistani's.

Age of only 28, 1st he took retirement from test and now from all international cricket.

Really shocking to me!

Pakistan left-arm pacer Mohammad Amir announced his retirement from international cricket on Thursday.

The left-armer, who arrived at the scene in a T20I game against England in June 2009, participated in 147 international fixtures in which he took 259 wickets.
He was part of the Pakistan squad which won the 2009 World T20I. However, his career faced a downward spiral when he was banned for five years over his involvement in the 2010 spot-fixing scandal during the tour of England in 2010.
Upon his return to the international side, Amir played a leading role in Pakistan’s formidable pace attack and helped the side won its maiden International Cricket Council (ICC) Champions Trophy title back in 2017.
The pacer retired from Test cricket citing workload reasons and has been participating in limited-overs format. The decision also came under strict criticism by several former players and legends.

Age of only 28, 1st he took retirement from test and now from all international cricket.

Really shocking to me!
Good bye. No one will miss you.

won't be missed much

btw he has taken break from Intl cricket not retiring.

We should have never have given him a second chance. Ask yourself, would any of you betray your country for money at 16? This man did.

We should have never have given him a second chance. Ask yourself, would any of you betray your country for money at 16? This man did.
Cheating fixer who brought disgrace to the Sport and sold his pride for a few pounds.
Mohammad Amir was framed. The real fixer was Wasim Akram, who gave away 3 world cups.

- PRTP GWD

Hope no cricketer ever turns out like him what a waste of talent .
Every young cricketer should be shown he’s photo and warned this is what will become of you if you ever sell your country for a brand new Corolla .
Shame .

Extremely talented & gifted I would say but seems bit impatient. Never grew to his full
Potential.

Good. Should've had never be given a second chance.

Every young cricketer should be shown he’s photo and warned this is what will become of you if you ever sell your country for a brand new Corolla .
Shame .
Don't be harsh on him man..he was just 18 or 19 at that time..it was (maybe is) common in pakistan cricket to fix games...it was around everywhere..the kid seriously did not realise the seriousness of the matter..he did not do anything that other pakistans cricketers havent done...he faced the consequences and punishment for what he did.
He was a new comer; maybe could not say no to the offer because seniors pressurised him.

Effing Indians commentating here. The gandus are all behind the sports betting and bribes.

All the negative comments here...are you sure you were brought up on halal income...impossible to earn in Pakistan. You either cheat each other or the system (not paying taxes) so fix yourself before hanging a 16 years old.
Finally what have you done for Pakistan other than talk shit

Shame .
They will counter by saying, "Wasim Akram did 20 times worse but he became very rich, led a happy life and married twice."

- PRTP GWD

Waqar and Mishah played dirty role again ....

The pacer retired from Test cricket citing workload reasons and has been participating in limited-overs format. The decision also came under strict criticism by several former players and legends.

Really shocking to me!

pakistanis do not know how to nurture talent .

Back
Top Bottom