What's new

Modi is the 9th most powerful figure in the world

Levina

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
image.jpeg

Narendra Modi is only the second Asian - after China's Xi Jinping - to figure in Forbes most powerful list for the year 2015. (TOI Photo)

NEW DELHI: Prime Minister Narendra Modi is the ninth most powerful man in the world, according to Forbes magazine. He was ranked 15th in the list released last year.

In the list for 2015 released by the magazine, Russian President Vladimir Putin is ranked one once again, while German chancellor Angela Merkel jumps three spots since last year and is second. US President Barack Obama though has slipped a place and is third while Modi has broken into the top-10 of a list that is mostly dominated by heads of states.

The other political figures in the list are Chinese premier Xi Jinping (5th) and British PM David Cameron (8th). Among others, Pope Francis is the fourth most powerful while Microsoft's Bill Gates is ranked sixth.

Forbes says it follows an intricate process to ascertain the most powerful people in the world. The magazine explains that hundreds of candidates from almost every sphere of life are examined before preparing the final list.

Lol at the title of that thread.

Btw thanks, seems I received the news a little late.

No need to laugh we should feel sorry for them. Like Nair said in the other thread maybe acc to him there are just 10 countries in this world .

On topic Putin is again number 1 no surprises there.

He is the 9th most powerful person in the world and I'm sure his rank in the world's most cruel persons will be much higher than that.

He is the 9th most powerful person in the world and I'm sure his rank in the world's most cruel persons will be much higher than that.
It's all about one's perception.
PUTIN for one, is shown as a devil by the western media; he supports all the wrong guys, be it Assad or Gaddafi.
But is he really wrong??? Today ISIS is at the verge of being wiped out from the face of this earth- all thanks to Putin's army.
Your perception of Modi and his government is also shaped in a similar manner by your media.

Ab indians is news ko suna suna kr hamain pagal kr dengay.

Did the world not forget number of innocents killed by Bush and his army in Afghanistan and Iraq?
Did he face any charges?

The thing that favored him is the fact that he din't killed his OWN ppl.....

The thing that favored him is the fact that he din't killed his OWN ppl.....
If Putin can be number one in the chart, despite Ukraine,
If Chinese President can be number 4 despite China's humar right violations,
I do not see a reason why Modi should not be on this list?

No offense to anyone. Its all about perceptions.

If Putin can be number one in the chart, despite Ukraine,
If Chinese President can be number 4 despite China's humar right violations,
I do not see a reason why Modi should not be on this list?

No offense to anyone. Its all about perceptions.

Wow Lady, what a DEFENSE?

You can hide behind a PUTIN or a Xi but India is a SECULAR, PLURAL, DEMOCRATIC society with HUMAN RIGHTS as it's SOUL.

We are no Russia no China....

Getting Top Ranks in Forbes ranking....is this what ALL we want?

That is what SEPARATES US FROM THEM......!!

Back
Top Bottom