What's new

Modern Warfare 1GW to 4GW+

12110882466_29f63de3ac_b.jpg

Yay..since the cold war it evolved too as you said. It was the armaments, now its sensors, radars and CIWS that matters at sea battles. To be more precise in general, naval warfare is in a transformation to be a unique warfare that is meant to primarily support land and air warfare over long distances. It seems like Cold War era hunt downs between Perrys and Kilos are long gone. It's more shifted to missile defense and BoO for missile&aircraft support for ground units. Since the new trend is counter-piracy and illegal immigration that navies start deal with; increased emphasis on VBSS, maritime security, combined ops and new types of Ships that are lighter and stealthy that has flight decks but don't accommodate choppers, LHDs...etc. Don't want to go offtopic lol.

Well, in my case it's the opposite despite that I can't say much on army most of my family are army and two from the AF, me the only squid down here results being the one subjected to sarcasm mostly :)

War used to be simple, now it got a lot more complicated...........

Well, My dad was Navy, my brother was AF, my uncle was Army, my cousin is Coast Guard, both my grand parent were Army Air Force, lol And yeah I feel you....

don't you agree VNSA were there in every generation of warfare if so how it's different now from before to qualify as a new genre of warfare?

As I mentioned in the article, VNSA can be dated back to Roman Republic period with the Spanish Insurrection..

But VNSA, although important, is not exactly the sole yard stick to measure 4GW.

4GW defined as a form of decentralised warfare, VNSA can be one of the way to achieve 4GW, however, there are VNSA and there are NVNSA (Non-Violent Non-State Actor) and NVNSA contribute to a non-violence insurrection with which achieve their goal thought non-violence mean, Ghandi and MLK is one of the prime example.

@jhungary What about the impact of missiles on warfare and where do they fit in?

Missile would fit in 3GW as with Aviation and Tank advancement.

The goal of a missile (rocket, AAS/ASM, ballistic missile) were to achieve a stand off range for indirect fire support, be that launch y MLRS, Tank or Aircraft. And that would contribute to speed and manoeuvrability of an enemy.

Back
Top Bottom