What's new

MoD gives nod to 7 stealth frigates worth Rs 13,000 crore

This deal was cleared in early 2015, I'm not sure what this news specifically relates to but it seems very out of date. The deal as it stands is a 2 year planning and procurement period (2015-17) with production starting in 2017 and a 60 month build period per P-17A so deliveries starting 2022 and 1 P-17A delivered every 12 months thereafter.

Its only about the weapons. In no way we get 7 AESA ships under 1.9 Billion .

i think its only about the Weapon and other packages for the P-17a...
That's what I get for not reading the article.....

In that case it fits perfectly with what I have saidl 2015-17 is the planning period laid down for explicitly this purpose (procurements, testing, training and such) so that once production begins there are no delays.

3 new Russian frigates also coming. 10 new frigates in total...
I don't think in current scenario it's going to happen, as we are just looking for home made products for navy it's almost comes with Make in India tag;.
As news are coming since starting of last year & Modi visited Russia two times & never heard any meeting between DM of India & builder who also visited Russia last year.
the Godavari class is retiring and soon the bhramaputra class too....
Bhramaputra Class was commissioned after 2000 so I don't these are going to retired before 2035, may be sold to friendly nation.

I don't think in current scenario it's going to happen, as we are just looking for home made products for navy it's almost comes with Make in India tag;.
As news are coming since starting of last year & Modi visited Russia two times & never heard any meeting between DM of India & builder who also visited Russia last year.

Bhramaputra Class was commissioned after 2000 so I don't these are going to retired before 2035, may be sold to friendly nation.

As others already said ... Our shipyards are already filled with orders for the next 5-7 years and these are very crucial ones and have lots of new technologies involved... And 3 Russian frigates are under construction for which Ukrainian engines were used . Given the new tension between Russia and Ukraine its highly unlikely for any military trade as of now ... India already using these frigates for very long time and its obvious choice ... Indian Navy very impressed with the way Russians have used every inch of space available. India will surely buy these three frigates without any doubts. We need more frigates for many duties ...And we lack numbers too

China is making South China sea its own sea and India is making Indian ocean India's ocean lol all the best for both India and China.
Well Indian ocean is India's ocean But how come SCS is China's ? Both are not same .but what you have mentioned is true. China would say the same to bargain with îndią in future.

As others already said ... Our shipyards are already filled with orders for the next 5-7 years and these are very crucial ones and have lots of new technologies involved... And 3 Russian frigates are under construction for which Ukrainian engines were used . Given the new tension between Russia and Ukraine its highly unlikely for any military trade as of now ... India already using these frigates for very long time and its obvious choice ... Indian Navy very impressed with the way Russians have used every inch of space available. India will surely buy these three frigates without any doubts. We need more frigates for many duties ...And we lack numbers too

Well Indian ocean is India's ocean But how come SCS is China's ? Both are not same .but what you have mentioned is true. China would say the same to bargain with îndią in future.
No our shipyards aren't full.
Why GSRE still building LCUs?
This type of ship constructions should be given to GSL or private shipyards.
Also Follow on Waterjet Fast Attack Craft ...
GSRE is building such ships & we say our shipyard are full.

Again what will govt say in parliament, they are promoting "Make in India"
BJP already has too much problem in Rajya Sabha, so I don't think this deal with Russia is going to happen until unless Russia provides something good with it.

once completed, Indian navy will have 14 AESA warships with Barak-8+brahmos. Quite a punch. .eh?

once completed, Indian navy will have 14 AESA warships with Barak-8+brahmos. Quite a punch. .eh?
It will be a continuous process of induction thereafter. Once the 4 P-15Bs are close to completion, work will begin on the P-18 DDGs, simiarly the P-17As will be followed by a new class of frigates. 14 simply isn't enough.

don't forget the US navy free navigation stuff
;)
world-2050-updated-version.jpg

map-1050-chola.jpg

It will be a continuous process of induction thereafter. Once the 4 P-15Bs are close to completion, work will begin on the P-18 DDGs, simiarly the P-17As will be followed by a new class of frigates. 14 simply isn't enough.
what's P-18 DDgs ?

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom