What's new

Mob attacks Shah Latif police station after arrest of BTK violence suspect

hydrabadi_arab

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
KARACHI: Four persons, including three policemen, were wounded when a mob attacked the Shah Latif Town police station following the arrest of a man allegedly involved in the recent Bahria Town Karachi (BTK) violence on Wednesday, police said.

Area SHO Nek Mohammed Khoso said that a police party conducted a raid in Arbani Goth on the outskirts of the city off National Highway and took into custody a suspect for his alleged involvement in the BTK incident.

Subsequently, he said, around 100-150 people attacked the Shah Latif Town police station, where an exchange of gunfire between the attackers and police took place.

He said a protester, identified as Abdul Rasool, suffered a bullet wound and was arrested in an injured condition along with his four accomplices, identified as Mudassir, Abdul Nabi, Lal Mohammed and Ghulam Rabbani.

The SHO said that the protester was hurt by the firing of his own accomplices and not the police.

CTD formally associates senior PSP leader Anis Advocate in RAW inquiry
He claimed that three policemen — Waseem, Ubaid and Ramzan — suffered injuries caused by sticks and stones. The situation came under control after a contingent of police arrived there.

He said that the people who attacked the police station allegedly belonged to a banned nationalist group.

All the wounded persons were shifted to the Jinnah Postgraduate Medical Centre for treatment.

‘Gangster’ held in Lyari

The Baghdadi police on Wednesday carried out a raid in Phool Patti Lane near Dubai Chowk and arrested a man, said to be associated with one of the several gangs operating in Lyari.

City SSP Sarfaraz Nawaz Shaikh said Mohammed Adeel alias Gudal was the “target killer commander” of the gang led by Zahid Ladla. A hand grenade was recovered from him.

During initial questioning, he revealed that Ladla had tasked him for the assassination of a police officer and three informers. He had carried out reconnaissance and was ready to do the job within the next few days.

He also told the police that he was involved in some grenade attacks targeting the traders who refused to pay protection money.

“He is a habitual criminal and cases are already registered at different police stations,” said the SSP.

CTD seizes PSP leader’s mobile phone, passport

The Counter-Terrorism Department on Wednesday officially associated Pak Sarzameen Party leader Anis Advocate with the investigation into RAW-related activities.

“The CTD summoned Anis Advocate again today [Wednesday] for further questioning regarding his role in MQM’s India-related activities,” said DIG Omar Shahid Hamid. “He was questioned regarding recruitment of MQM activists for training in India on behalf of RAW. His answers were unsatisfactory and he has formally been made part of the investigation,” he added.

He said that the PSP leader’s passport and mobile phone were being seized for a forensic analysis and procedure had been initiated for blocking his computerised national identity card (CNIC).

“He has also been informed that if he leaves the city he may be treated as an absconder,” the DIG said.

Earlier, the CTD had arrested two MQM workers, who told investigators that they were allegedly trained by Indian intelligence agency RAW and their links with it were established by their leaders Dr Farooq Sattar and Anis Advocate.

The CTD had summoned both the leaders on June 4 and they denied any links with the held suspects. However, the investigators had again called Anis Advocate as they were not satisfied with his replies at that time.

Published in Dawn, June 10th, 2021

Ghafoor sahab ke apne Bache :D

what are you trying to say?
The MQM protest coming up on 15 June.. United MQM factions.. Haramkhor Altaf Hussein has given open blessings to the BTK attackers.. I’ve no doubt hes on Indian payroll and there’s attempt to hit Pakistan SOFTEST BELLY..

what are you trying to say?
The MQM protest coming up on 15 June.. United MQM factions.. Haramkhor Altaf Hussein has given open blessings to the BTK attackers.. I’ve no doubt hes on Indian payroll and there’s attempt to hit Pakistan SOFTEST BELLY..

I am trying to say that for Army Apne Bache, will always be reserved for Sons of Soils and not Muhajirs or Urdu speaking, Pashtoons/Punjabi/Baloch/Sindhi will break Pakistan into pieces and yet the Army will not take any action against them because Apne Bache, I wonder why that same Army didn't see Apne Bache when they were rolling Tanks in the streets of Karachi over some Fake Jinnah Pur Maps? Or why our Army can't see apne Bache in Karachi?

AH is history man, stop Blackmailing Karachi's millions of Urdu-speaking Communities in the name of AH, trust me compared to What Khan's/Sharief/Butt's/Bhutto's and Bhugti had done, AH is a baby. And yet AH was kicked out when his true intentions came out in public, and yet Karachi wale is hearing this, No Developments fund for you because you voted for MQM, No security for you because you voted for MQM, No Transport, No basic facilities for you because you voted for MQM, No Oxygen for you because you voted for MQM, and I can bet my Green Card over it, once this AH is dead, the same Establishment will say No to everything because Karachi somehow also voted for PPPP.

I am trying to say that for Army Apne Bache, will always be reserved for Sons of Soils and not Muhajirs or Urdu speaking, Pashtoons/Punjabi/Baloch/Sindhi will break Pakistan into pieces and yet the Army will not take any action against them because Apne Bache, I wonder why that same Army didn't see Apne Bache when they were rolling Tanks in the streets of Karachi over some Fake Jinnah Pur Maps? Or why our Army can't see apne Bache in Karachi?

AH is history man, stop Blackmailing Karachi's millions of Urdu-speaking Communities in the name of AH, trust me compared to What Khan's/Sharief/Butt's/Bhutto's and Bhugti had done, AH is a baby. And yet AH was kicked out when his true intentions came out in public, and yet Karachi wale is hearing this, No Developments fund for you because you voted for MQM, No security for you because you voted for MQM, No Transport, No basic facilities for you because you voted for MQM, No Oxygen for you because you voted for MQM, and I can bet my Green Card over it, once this AH is dead, the same Establishment will say No to everything because Karachi somehow also voted for PPPP.

There is some truth in what you are saying but Sindhis were brutally crushed by Zia in 1983/84, Baluchis have also faced military action including even by PAF attacks under ZAB in the 1970s, Pashtuns leadership including their topmost leaders like Gaffar Khan and Wali Khan were jailed or not allowed in Pakistan, and plenty of action against the goons of Lal Masjid and TLP in Punjab...

So it is not like harm-the-Urdu-speakers-only as you say. The PTI govt wouldn't be in power had it not been for the Urdu Speakers' votes and the govt knows how important Karachi is for not only economy reasons but also for political reasons. But the 18th Amendment does put some restrictions on what the Fed govt can do in Sindh.

What needs to happen is that the Establishment does another political game to remove the PPP from power in Sindh--a repeat of the Jam Sadiq government. I don't think Pakistan and especially Sindh can sustain another 5 year of misrule by PPP. There should be a govt in Sindh where all communities co-exist in a merit based system.

But I already see grave danger in Sindh because of the rising temperature in the Urban vs Rural Sindh divide. The divide was perhaps inevitable due to the nature of the two communities. But Mumtaz Bhutto's Languages Bill in the 1970s really was a blunder--not dissimilar to the languages issue between the East and West Pakistan right after the Partition. That was Jinnah's blunder which laid the foundation of the Bengali alienation.

Some things should not be forced upon others. Visionary leaders focus on governance and economic growth. The rest gets sorted out overtime.

There is some truth in what you are saying but Sindhis were brutally crushed by Zia in 1983/84, Baluchis have also faced military action including even by PAF attacks under ZAB in the 1970s, Pashtuns leadership including their topmost leaders like Gaffar Khan and Wali Khan were jailed or not allowed in Pakistan, and plenty of action against the goons of Lal Masjid and TLP in Punjab...

Yes but then they did not hold the Grudge against the people or Party they crushed right, in Karachi we saw that ask any Army officer who took Part in Karachi Operation, the mistrust they have on the community that supports MQM is astonished, to say the least. And i know on PDF some will come and say no there is no such thing, Army doesn't dislike Urdu speaking etc, we have Urdu Speaking COAS's Blah Blah, but the reality is that Establishment still sees them as outsiders.

So it is not like harm-the-Urdu-speakers-only as you say. The PTI govt wouldn't be in power had it not been for the Urdu Speakers' votes and the govt knows how important Karachi is for not only economy reasons but also for political reasons. But the 18th Amendment does put some restrictions on what the Fed govt can do in Sindh.

Its not just about Physical Harm, its about punishing them for something that MQM did because they support it, MQM was a Political movement that got corrupt duh, every Political corrupt and have ties with foreign agencies, hell our Army has a ton of Traitors sitting in them, passing information to from India to Taliban, from CIA to NDS. The point here that the Establishment act when people are in misery, but the Establishment is like look they have pass 18th Amendment so we can not do anything, you Karachi wale just have to live like this forever, Since when the Establishment get 2 cents for Constitutional amendments? The reality is that they don't want to do anything, and after some time, you will see another Leader who will rise from the middle Class like AH, and later he will resort to Violence, my question why is that Establishment not preventing it from happening, it's like they wait until someone starts doing violence then they bring their Army to crush and get Wah Wah.

What needs to happen is that the Establishment does another political game to remove the PPP from power in Sindh--a repeat of the Jam Sadiq government. I don't think Pakistan and especially Sindh can sustain another 5 year of misrule by PPP. There should be a govt in Sindh where all communities co-exist in a merit based system.

You can't bring the Interior Sindh Sindhi's on the table where they have to equally share Power with them, Have you ever interacted with Wadera's or their kids? I studied with them, one of my best friends was Sindhi who was from one such Family and the mentality he has about the Sindh and Karachi's people would astonish you, Karachi for them is just a place where they send their kids to study, buy expensive houses in already established areas, while in their own towns in Interior they lie that it is the Urdu speaking people who are doing it all, these wadera's would never follow the laws of Civilized world, there are countless incidents of these Wadera's using their Guards to beat and even kill people in Karachi over minor road rages and eve teasing.

But I already see grave danger in Sindh because of the rising temperature in the Urban vs Rural Sindh divide. The divide was perhaps inevitable due to the nature of the two communities. But Mumtaz Bhutto's Languages Bill in the 1970s really was a blunder--not dissimilar to the languages issue between the East and West Pakistan right after the Partition. That was Jinnah's blunder which laid the foundation of the Bengali alienation.

You know why this Urban and Rural Sindhi Tension occur, it is because the Interior Sindh looks worse than Mooen Jo Daro, and the Karachi compared to that was great, these Sindhi's just wants to take over much of the Karachi which was built by predominantly a certain community, and now once the city has its reputation so everyone now wants to steal this pie. Why didn't PPPP in all these years develop one city for their own rural citizens? Karachi is a Sone ki Chirya (Bird of Gold) and they know it, leave Karachi to the Sons of Soil aka Pashtoon,Sindhi,Baloch, Punjabi's and Karachi will become a Khander, And that is what they are trying to do, just look at the conditions of Karachi, literally, no one gives a rat's A$$ about it, no roads, No bridges, no developments, no heavy projects, no Govt, and all of that because of 18th Amendments, its hard to believe it.

Yes but then they did not hold the Grudge against the people or Party they crushed right, in Karachi we saw that ask any Army officer who took Part in Karachi Operation, the mistrust they have on the community that supports MQM is astonished, to say the least. And i know on PDF some will come and say no there is no such thing, Army doesn't dislike Urdu speaking etc, we have Urdu Speaking COAS's Blah Blah, but the reality is that Establishment still sees them as outsiders.

Its not just about Physical Harm, its about punishing them for something that MQM did because they support it, MQM was a Political movement that got corrupt duh, every Political corrupt and have ties with foreign agencies, hell our Army has a ton of Traitors sitting in them, passing information to from India to Taliban, from CIA to NDS. The point here that the Establishment act when people are in misery, but the Establishment is like look they have pass 18th Amendment so we can not do anything, you Karachi wale just have to live like this forever, Since when the Establishment get 2 cents for Constitutional amendments? The reality is that they don't want to do anything, and after some time, you will see another Leader who will rise from the middle Class like AH, and later he will resort to Violence, my question why is that Establishment not preventing it from happening, it's like they wait until someone starts doing violence then they bring their Army to crush and get Wah Wah.

You can't bring the Interior Sindh Sindhi's on the table where they have to equally share Power with them, Have you ever interacted with Wadera's or their kids? I studied with them, one of my best friends was Sindhi who was from one such Family and the mentality he has about the Sindh and Karachi's people would astonish you, Karachi for them is just a place where they send their kids to study, buy expensive houses in already established areas, while in their own towns in Interior they lie that it is the Urdu speaking people who are doing it all, these wadera's would never follow the laws of Civilized world, there are countless incidents of these Wadera's using their Guards to beat and even kill people in Karachi over minor road rages and eve teasing.

You know why this Urban and Rural Sindhi Tension occur, it is because the Interior Sindh looks worse than Mooen Jo Daro, and the Karachi compared to that was great, these Sindhi's just wants to take over much of the Karachi which was built by predominantly a certain community, and now once the city has its reputation so everyone now wants to steal this pie. Why didn't PPPP in all these years develop one city for their own rural citizens? Karachi is a Sone ki Chirya (Bird of Gold) and they know it, leave Karachi to the Sons of Soil aka Pashtoon,Sindhi,Baloch, Punjabi's and Karachi will become a Khander, And that is what they are trying to do, just look at the conditions of Karachi, literally, no one gives a rat's A$$ about it, no roads, No bridges, no developments, no heavy projects, no Govt, and all of that because of 18th Amendments, its hard to believe it.

This dude wants to be a victim so bad. Sindhi nativists want is to kick Urdu-speakers out and invite Punjabis to Karachi? Lol giving gaaliyan to Punjabis has become a past time for these people. Rest assured, no one in Punjab cares about who lives in Karachi.

Back
Top Bottom