What's new

MMRCA debate

And everybody gets a nice commission while pointless equipment is purchased.

Correction, leaving for the states. Cant leave three running businesses just like that. need to ensure controls so I can operate from the states.

Like I said to Buttsy, jahanum bhi naseeb nahi hogi tereko, another fellow running of to the land of milk and honey! :mad:

Video no 1

1)Pushpinder singh,editor,vayu----Our current situation

Total squadrons we have-38
SU-30-------------------------10
MIRAGE 2000---------------03
MIG-29------------------------03
REST--------------------------OLDER JUNK

Video no 1

1)Pushpinder singh,editor,vayu----Our current situation

Total squadrons we have-38
SU-30-------------------------10
MIRAGE 2000---------------03
MIG-29------------------------03
REST--------------------------OLDER JUNK

IF the Darin-3 is salvaged at the latest by the end of this year and finished by 2020 then the Jags too will be very useful, I mean we are talking completely different engines, completely different radar, a full overhaul of the stores management etc. etc. OH and an overhaul of the self defence suite. Dunno where its going to go though given the MoD's laxity.

Let him grow his first beard, poor boy is still on the silky whiskers of adolescence; only then will he be worthy to learn about hooters.

Btw, I agree with Christine Fair, you folks are looking for an ideological battle! :mad:

That having been said, the full conversation is far more illuminating, a proper look into the IAF's fleet management/issues/future/travails.

video-2

1)Air marshal p barbora:Pakistan are moving very rapidly in high tech zone,,we have not.Chinese are not as good as people believe they are.We are not factoring the nuclear weapons in our war scenarios.The defence budget is just 1.4-1.8% of gdp.New govt dosen't have the money to buy everything.
On mmrca we have to get rafale immediately......................Ajai Shukla is wrong(he says it)
We will never be able to have 50 plus squadrons,,,,,we cannot afford it,so we need to use the squadrons properly

2)Air marshal jimmy bhatia:We have to have capability to counter a two front war.So we need to increase the capability.We need at least 50 squadrons for 2 front war.Laughs at Ajai Shukla quite rightly.We are not as secure as we have no alliance.We donot want to fight even 1 front war but we don't know about our adversary

3)Brig. Gurmeet kanwal:The probability of war is very low,,,,maybe in mountains with pakistan and china.It will remain confined to that region only most probably.For pakistan at the most the war will be in jammu and kashmir only.So bulk of attack will come from air force,,,NOT ARMY.We want more pgm's,,,which we don't have.

4)Nitin Gokhale(ndtv):We need to redress the air force obsolescence.That needs to be the first priority.We need to build the mountain infrastructure..........We need to list out the priorities.We have just a few squadrons in the north east.
We don't have huge money to spend for next 5-10 years.

5)Maj gen Ashok Mehta:Gurmeet is right,,,in 1999 the airforce was not prepared,,,the people of air force agree to some extent.

6)Ajai Shukla:We have no money!!none,nada,nyet,zero,,,,,,,,,:taz:.So entire talk of two front war is a joke!!:crazy:
Its to get good weapons by terrorizing the government.We will never be ready for 2 front war.No one knows whether there is a doctrine of 2 front war

7)Admiral Arun Prakash:2 front war could be a reality,,,we need to prepare

IF the Darin-3 is salvaged at the latest by the end of this year and finished by 2020 then the Jags too will be very useful, I mean we are talking completely different engines, completely different radar, a full overhaul of the stores management etc. etc. OH and an overhaul of the self defence suite. Dunno where its going to go though given the MoD's laxity.

Btw, I agree with Christine Fair, you folks are looking for an ideological battle! :mad:

That having been said, the full conversation is far more illuminating, a proper look into the IAF's fleet management/issues/future/travails.

I don't agree,,,it will still remain a 3.5 gen junk

video-2

1)Air marshal p barbora:Pakistan are moving very rapidly in high tech zone,,we have not.Chinese are not as good as people believe they are.We are not factoring the nuclear weapons in our war scenarios.The defence budget is just 1.4-1.8% of gdp.New govt dosen't have the money to buy everything.
On mmrca we have to get rafale immediately......................Ajai Shukla is wrong(he says it)
We will never be able to have 50 plus squadrons,,,,,we cannot afford it,so we need to use the squadrons properly

2)Air marshal jimmy bhatia:We have to have capability to counter a two front war.So we need to increase the capability.We need at least 50 squadrons for 2 front war.Laughs at Ajai Shukla quite rightly.We are not as secure as we have no alliance.We donot want to fight even 1 front war but we don't know about our adversary

3)Brig. Gurmeet kanwal:The probability of war is very low,,,,maybe in mountains with pakistan and china.It will remain confined to that region only most probably.For pakistan at the most the war will be in jammu and kashmir only.So bulk of attack will come from air force,,,NOT ARMY.We want more pgm's,,,which we don't have.

4)Nitin Gokhale(ndtv):We need to redress the air force obsolescence.That needs to be the first priority.We need to build the mountain infrastructure..........We need to list out the priorities.We have just a few squadrons in the north east.
We don't have huge money to spend for next 5-10 years.

5)Maj gen Ashok Mehta:Gurmeet is right,,,in 1999 the airforce was not prepared,,,the people of air force agree to some extent.

6)Ajai Shukla:We have no money!!none,nada,nyet,zero,,,,,,,,,:taz:.So entire talk of two front war is a joke!!:crazy:
Its to get good weapons by terrorizing the government.We will never be ready for 2 front war.No one knows whether there is a doctrine of 2 front war

7)Admiral Arun Prakash:2 front war could be a reality,,,we need to prepare

I don't agree,,,it will still remain a 3.5 gen junk

When you say I don't agree, you need to substantiate, unless of course you want to quibble with me over the technical details.

When you say I don't agree, you need to substantiate, unless of course you want to quibble with me over the technical details.

We need multirole aircrafts now considering the budget and cost of maintainance,,,plus can u tell me for how much years the lifespan will be increased after the upgrade.

But sure as lca will not be ready for a couple of years we have little choice than to get them upgraded and they indeed are getting upgraded.Still they are far from a modern 4 gen fighter.

We need multirole aircrafts now considering the budget and cost of maintainance,,,plus can u tell me for how much years the lifespan will be increased after the upgrade.

But sure as lca will not be ready for a couple of years we have little choice than to get them upgraded and they indeed are getting upgraded.Still they are far from a modern 4 gen fighter.

More modern fighters which we CANNOT BUY! Multirole ACs which we CANNOT BUY! The Rafale and the FGFA in the future will take the slots (AND EVEN THEN WE WILL HAVE 12 SQUADRON SHORTFALL BY 2032), paisa tum donate karoge

More modern fighters which we CANNOT BUY! Multirole ACs which we CANNOT BUY! The Rafale and the FGFA in the future will take the slots (AND EVEN THEN WE WILL HAVE 12 SQUADRON SHORTFALL BY 2032), paisa tum donate karoge

Bhai i was referring to lca,,,,even u know tht had LCA been operational 1 year ago,there would have been no jaguar upgrade.

Forget that,,,whats the radar in darin 3 upgrade??Engine??
I have seen only conflicting reports

mujhe lagta hae iss thread pe tu sabki lega:lol:

Goli nahi marenge.....................keh ke lenge sabki:lol:

Bhai i was referring to lca,,,,even u know tht had LCA been operational 1 year ago,there would have been no jaguar upgrade.

Forget that,,,whats the radar in darin 3 upgrade??Engine??
I have seen only conflicting reports

Goli nahi marenge.....................keh ke lenge sabki:lol:

There would still be Jag upgrades, you want the LCA running interdiction and strikes with how many squadrons? At what rate will you build and populate said squadrons? Unless you chalk up 10+ squadrons of LCA and build 30+ crafts a year the Jags would still be upgraded.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom