What's new

MMRCA debate

Good find. It needs to be bookmarked.

already watched,,,alarming n disturbing,,,as if that was not enough,they even dont have a consensus among themselves.:hitwall:
or maybe thats cause they primarily discussed problems n not solutions..:undecided:
i am disapointed..:(
@sancho @sandy_3126

Defense personals (for) vs Defense journos (against)
Except Ajay sukla, I think all agree that there are lack of options out there and we just cant afford to wait any longer.

Highlights

1)Air commodore suren tyagi-----HAL has been there for 60 years but has produced nothing.If we can fix their accountability half our problems will be solved.
Even DRDO is doing the same.

2)Former chief SP tyagi------------We need to take a decision on mmrca soon,,,time is running out.Cost is immaterial as even if u buy cheaper russian aircraft will still have huge life cycle costs.We consulted 100's of professionals for calculating the life cycle costs.Spares for russian aircrafts are not available.He gave the example of il-76 and said mig-29 life cycle costs are too high

3)Air marshal nirdosh tyagi--------MMRCA is needed at any cost,,we have requirement for about 800 aircraft.SU-30 and mmrca add up to only 400,we need another 400 lighter craft

4)Vinod mishra------------------------MMRCA was selected on technical grounds only,,1 st time there has been competitive bidding.Offsets of 50% is a unique feature too so it will strengthen the defence base too.It will have better tot than the su-30.
U cannot wish away HAL.The bids were 100% transparent,,no issues whatsoever on changing rfp's.We will manufacture rafale from the scratch unlike su-30

5)Everyone's favoutite(lol) Ajai Shukla--------------MMRCA should be scrapped...based on the cost.
Some very stupid arguments follow,he is going against everyone.He argues that we are just assuming the life cycle cost of rafale,,no one knows it for sure

6)Saurabh joshi---------------------------------We need the mmrca due to lack of other options.But was rafale was the wisest of all options??But according to french air force rafale availability only 44%,,,comparable to su-30.

I would like a discussion on this

7)Air marshal m.matheswaran---------------We need mmrca,,all the contenders were good.But diff people had different observation on life cycle costs.The life cycle cost was looked on for first time in mmrca.

MMRCA has 2 components-----

1)As an aircraft
2)TOT.....................the most important aspect,,we must not forget it.But we made blunders here too so nothing will be achieved in the end

As i have been saying for long
People agree,all of them that HAL is shit,they said it without mincing words.
Let the defenders of psu's come
sarey videos dekh yaar,,,,i agree with u on most things,,lekin yaar tu kabhi kabhi tu samajhta nai hae...watch all 3 vids,phir bol...

Thats why defence acquisitions should be done Pakistan style ,no one gets the wind until the product is on the ground and ready to go.

Thats why defence acquisitions should be done Pakistan style ,no one gets the wind until the product is on the ground and ready to go.

And everybody gets a nice commission while pointless equipment is purchased.

You live in the states so ytube is up and open, type in stratpost on said site, see the complete 4 parts of the discussion.
Correction, leaving for the states. Cant leave three running businesses just like that. need to ensure controls so I can operate from the states.

Since the tender and selection of this Aircraft all this has comes down to Indian middle class mentality : Paisa Kahan se ayega? Mann toh hai kharid ne ka.....lekin paisa????

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom