What's new

MM ALAM

First you better learn how to speak in this forum.
Second:
He was born July 6, 1935 in Calcutta, British India. He is popularly known as "M.M. Alam" and nicknamed little dragon.
Alam was the first commanding officer of the first squadron of Dassault Mirage III fighters procured by the PAF. However he was not very popular with the top management of the PAF and was shortly removed from command, on the excuse that he was not "literate enough"[4]

During the Indo-Pakistan War of 1971, all personnel who were of Bengali origins or were born in Bengal were grounded to prevent any defections. Thus, Alam was posted on a staff job and did not fly in combat. M.M. Alam retired in 1982 as an Air Commodore and currently resides in Karachi. One of the roads of Gulberg in Lahore is named after him as M. M. Alam road. His brother M. Shahid Alam is an Economist and a professor at Northeastern University, Boston. His brother M. Sajjad Alam is a particle physicist at SUNY Albany and is responsible for discovering over a dozen particles. More notably, his son, Nadeem played 3 Test Matches for Pakistan in 1989.
By the way Calcutta is a capital of Bengal.

Courtesy: wikipedia org

Regards,

What is shown on you tube that is not how he shot the planes he didn't chase any like they said. Second MM is not Bangali he is barahi.
He did fly in 71 but didn't take part in any combat. Why I am saying I wrote an article about him and me flying in 71 doing Dog fights in Sargodha. you can go back on my threads and look for it.
Most people say that why Didn't PAF put there best against PAF , They did all the pilots were vets of 65 and we needed a master of war to coordinate the attacks.
MM was sent to AHQ as DD Operations and was running the whole show.
Hatimi and cecil are not Aces.

First you better learn how to speak in this forum.
Second:
He was born July 6, 1935 in Calcutta, British India. He is popularly known as "M.M. Alam" and nicknamed little dragon.
Alam was the first commanding officer of the first squadron of Dassault Mirage III fighters procured by the PAF. However he was not very popular with the top management of the PAF and was shortly removed from command, on the excuse that he was not "literate enough"[4]

During the Indo-Pakistan War of 1971, all personnel who were of Bengali origins or were born in Bengal were grounded to prevent any defections. Thus, Alam was posted on a staff job and did not fly in combat. M.M. Alam retired in 1982 as an Air Commodore and currently resides in Karachi. One of the roads of Gulberg in Lahore is named after him as M. M. Alam road. His brother M. Shahid Alam is an Economist and a professor at Northeastern University, Boston. His brother M. Sajjad Alam is a particle physicist at SUNY Albany and is responsible for discovering over a dozen particles. More notably, his son, Nadeem played 3 Test Matches for Pakistan in 1989.

Regards,

i would not rely on wikipedia too much. they are more wrong than right IMO!
the info is out-dated.

imran and Israr Ali.
Brothers chill out. Is it not bad enough that we have so many external enemies, that we also have to fight amongst ourselves. Please review your posts and speak to each other like the brothers that we all are.
JazaaK Allah o Khair.
WaSalam
Araz

I want to meet MM Alam.I thought he lives in Lahore as there's a road here named after him.

Can someone explain what palatna...etc exactly means?

What is shown on you tube that is not how he shot the planes he didn't chase any like they said. Second MM is not Bangali he is barahi.
He did fly in 71 but didn't take part in any combat. Why I am saying I wrote an article about him and me flying in 71 doing Dog fights in Sargodha. you can go back on my threads and look for it.
Most people say that why Didn't PAF put there best against PAF , They did all the pilots were vets of 65 and we needed a master of war to coordinate the attacks.
MM was sent to AHQ as DD Operations and was running the whole show.
Hatimi and cecil are not Aces.

Hello Sir Muradk,
As you said that you took part in dog fights in Sargodha.I would like to know ur personal experience about that war. Howw was IAF attack,when u knew that IAF is attacking, in what time u responded?I would like to know ur personal experience of that day. According to you, was IAF succeeded in that attack or you totally defended the base?

pls pls ,share ur experience with me and if you have already discussed it than my humble request is to you that to provide me the link.

Thank you sir.

One of the roads of Gulberg in Lahore is named after him as M. M. Alam road. His brother M. Shahid Alam is an Economist and a professor at Northeastern University, Boston. His brother M. Sajjad Alam is a particle physicist at SUNY Albany and is responsible for discovering over a dozen particles. More notably, his son, Nadeem played 3 Test Matches for Pakistan in 1989.

Regards,

Some where in some article it is said he never married can someone clear this ambiguity. Now if you search MM Alam on wikipedia org Now no information about his son.

If you want to compare Hawker Hunter and F-86 Sabre, please follow the link below:

militaryfactory com

and if you are interested in M.M. Alam then read below

M. M. Alam
Former Pakistan Airforce Pilot & the only ace in the Soth Asian region.

M.M.Alam or Muhammad Mahmood Alam was from East Pakistan (Now Bangladesh). He joined PAF & was drafted to fly PAF's 2nd mainstay mass attack fighters F-86 Sabres. He was stationed at Sargodah in West Pakistan rather than in his home wing of East Pakistan.

In 1965 India declared war over Pakistan. During the war the IAF thought the end to the Sargodah airfield will bring end to the continious & successful PAF attacks over IAF airfields. In order to do so IAF sent its fighters Sargodah. M.M.Alam on of the 1st pilots to respond to the warnings of these IAF intruders took to the skies, very little he knew that the battle he is about to fight will leave a mark on military aviation history in the region.

M.M.Alam came across 5 IAF & shot them down in less than one minuite, a record time by any ACE.

In 1971 East & West Pakistan went to bloody civil war. Even though he was East Pakistan/Bengali he pledged his loyalty to Pakistan rather than the newly formed country Bangladesh. In 1971 war he managed to shot down 2 IAF fighter jets. After the war he settled in Pakistan.

His over all kill is recorded as 9 IAF fighter jets. M.M.Alam retired as Air Marshal & currently is living in Dubai & owns a house in Karachi in Pakistan.

Thanks to Nationmaster's Encyclopedia

I want to send URL but system is blocking the supported URL
Salam

The info is wrong totally twisted. People write so much of shi- , he was not a bangali he was a Bahari.:hitwall::hitwall::hitwall::hitwall:

Last edited:
291806_10150872315710018_578865017_20993413_1523203777_n.jpg

Recent Pic Of M.ALAM who destroyed 5 Fighter Jets Of India within the space of 30-40 seconds in 1965 War. He lives in 120 sq. yds of Karachi!! He migrated to Pakistan From India ( Bihar) at the time of partition & Proved his love for Pakistan in 1965.
Respect your Legend!!

Back
Top Bottom