What's new

Mixed Indo-Pak cricket team

RobbieS

Reaction score
Continuing with the increased bonhomie, I was wondering what would be the team composition if Indian and Pakistan were to field a joint team from now on. Here's my take-

Based on the strengths of the current squads of both the teams, I think the batting would be heavily titled towards India while Bowling towards Pakistan.

Ind-Pak XI (Test)

Sehwag
Gambhir
Dravid
Sachin
Yousuf
Laxman
Dhoni
Mohd. Asif
Mohd. Aamer
Zaheer Khan
Harbhajan Singh

Subs:
Younis Khan
Salman Butt
Shahid Afridi
Umar Gul
Sree Santh
Danish Kaneria

Your thoughts ?

Remove Laxman and add Umer Akmal [We have enough experienced players there Lets try Talented Young guns in the team]

Remove Laxman and add Umer Akmal [We have enough experienced players there Lets try Talented Young guns in the team]

Umer's a good find. But I prefer expereince to youth. Nothing like expereince to get you out of tough situations. And going by the recent records of both teams, tough situations is what they end up getting into more often than not!

Umar Akmal Playing consistently ..

May be Future's Sachin

i would certainly add Umer gul in place of Zaheer khan. i have mixed feelings about whether Kaneria is better than Harbajan .
Araz

Continuing with the increased bonhomie, I was wondering what would be the team composition if Indian and Pakistan were to field a joint team from now on. Here's my take-

Based on the strengths of the current squads of both the teams, I think the batting would be heavily titled towards India while Bowling towards Pakistan.

Ind-Pak XI (Test)

Sehwag
Gambhir
Dravid
Sachin
Yousuf
Laxman
Dhoni
Mohd. Asif
Mohd. Aamer
Zaheer Khan
Harbhajan Singh

Subs:
Younis Khan
Salman Butt
Shahid Afridi
Umar Gul
Sree Santh
Danish Kaneria

Your thoughts ?

indian perspective , 8 indians and 3 pakistanis.

anyways i would not in any way put dravid and laxman, oldies. and instead of zaheer khan i would rather like to see umar gul and saeed ajmal or instead of herbajan. afridi instead of dhoni because afridi is a captain and an all rounder. you need allrounders in the team

my team would be

gambir
sehwag/ahmed shahzad/shahid afridi
yusuf
umer akmal
sachin
Yuvraj Singh/razzaq
afridi/dhoni
asif
ammir
gul
saeed ajmal/herbajan

Last edited:
indian perspective , 8 indians and 3 pakistanis.

anyways i would not in any way put dravid and laxman, oldies. and instead of zaheer khan i would rather like to see umar gul and saeed ajmal or instead of herbajan. afridi instead of dhoni because afridi is a captain and an all rounder. you need allrounders in the team

my team would be

gambir
sehwag/ahmed shahzad/shahid afridi
yusuf
umer akmal
sachin
Yuvraj Singh/razzaq
afridi/dhoni
asif
ammir
gul
saeed ajmal/herbajan

Well I tried to be unbiased and my team composition is tilted towards India because India overall is a better Test team than Pakistan. A look at statistics of players and the current rankings will prove that.

But I'd surely agree that Pakistan's bowling attack is better than India's.

Ind-Pak XI (Test)

Sehwag
Gambhir
Dravid
Sachin
Yousuf
Laxman
Dhoni
Mohd. Asif
Mohd. Aamer
Zaheer Khan
Harbhajan Singh

Your thoughts ?

Excellent work, I must say. It may look biased to some but it is not. In test match I will prefer Zaheer over Umar Gul. Zaheer is a very good bowler in test cricket and one of the major factors of India's recent wins. Again Harbhajan has an edge over Kanaria. The other spot which can be debated is of Laxman's. But who do you want to play in place of him? The two options from the Pakistani side are Younis Khan or Umar Akmal. Younis is not going through a great time atm, so I would rather have Laxman over him. On the other hand Umar Akmal has been consistently playing well. But considering he is still tad inexperienced I would like like to see a little more of him before replacing an experienced player like Laxman with him.

My ODI side will be---

Sehwag
Sachin
Gambhir
Yousuf
Yuvraj
Dhoni
Umar Akmal/Harbhajan
Afridi
Aamer
Gul
Asif

Harbhajan/Umar Akmal seems illogical as one is a bowler and other is a batsman, but if the captain (Dhoni) wants to go with 4 main bowlers and Yuvi and Sehwag doing the fifth bowler's job then Umar Akmal is there, otherwise Bhajji. Personally I will go with Umar Akmal.

Last edited:
My Test Team

Sunil Gavaskar (VC)
Sehwag/Hanif Mohammad
Rahul Dravid
Sachin Tendulkar
Javed Miandad
Inzamam-ul-Haq
MS Dhoni
Kapil Dev
Imran Khan (C)
Wasim Akram
Anil Kumble

Ind-Pak XI (Test)

Sehwag
Gambhir
Dravid
Sachin
Yousuf
Laxman
Dhoni
Mohd. Asif
Mohd. Aamer
Zaheer Khan
Harbhajan Singh

Subs:
Younis Khan
Salman Butt
Shahid Afridi
Umar Gul
Sree Santh
Danish Kaneria

Your thoughts ?

of course such wont happen in my lifetime, but a indo-pak team would be 'un-beatable':cheers:

Simple.

Take Indian Batting,Pakistani Bowling and u got a world-beater.

Back
Top Bottom