What's new

Mix martial arts Pakistan

Samurai_assassin

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What are commentators opinions on MMA under the one and only founder Bashir Ahmed? Traditional sports as wrestling and Kabadi are not as popular so can MMA gain popularity? Pak doesn't seem to be a nation focused on combat sports due a lack of professional trainers. I'd like to see Martial Arts flourish throughout Pakistan.

If they can open atleast 4-5 dojo in every province of Pakistan it will grow.

It is gaining popularity in Europe but ik Asia due to chinese Kung Fu and Indian own fighting technique it has not thrives. But Pakistan has the capacity to perform in this field if proper steps are taken.

Bashir has opened 3 MMA gyms in Lahore. In coming days you will see more of gyms in pakistan.

i think it's shame Pakistan didn't promote its native combat sports such as Kabadi or wrestling. India has kept to its traditional martial art such as kabadi, wrestling, Sikh art of Gatka and South Indian martial arts.

I don't even think they are broadcasted or ppvs available in Pakistan

UFC has become my favorite late evening channel.

Cheers, Doc

UFC has been on a low recently, bellator is where it's at

Don't think we get that here though. Not on my cable.

Looking forward to the McGregor fight. Quite hyped. Hope it lives up.

Though personally I prefer the heavyweights. Power over moves.

Cheers, Doc

Make a Martial Arts League competetion in Pakistan for city by city matches.

Use 6 region format for all sports (Cricket, baseball, hockey, Soccer, Kabbadi, mix-Martial Art, boxing, squash, etc)

Intercity/district competition-> Regional competition->National competition

Here is my post about mix martial art.
Hello,
You forgot Kali and Silat. 2 best form of martial art.

1) Kali
2) Silat
3) Krav Maga
4) Hapkido

Krav Maga and Hapkido is mentioned in the article

Kali and Silat are the two most complete form of martial art, everything else comes after them. Aikido is not even considered real martial art.

We need to develop a system that is similar to Silat and Kali. We should have our own form of martial art as national sports.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom