What's new

Mirages at War

Well UAE has 62 Mirage2009 , while Quatar has 13 Mirage2005
Both of them want to sell there fighters , which by the way are relatively young .
Thats 75 Aircrafts in total , which translate into 4 Squadrons not 1 as u have sugested
My opinion is that if PAF can get these 75 fighters for under 3 billion USD then it is a good buy
And PAF can retire its 150 odd Mirage 3/5 without any decline in combat capability.:partay::D:lol:

:disagree: Its not as easy as that. It will be a brand new fighter type for PAF. They will have to build the infrastructure to support it, in addition to training and providing logistics. it just wont be worth it, to induct a fighter like Mirage 2000, especially just 75, which wont offer PAF any additional capabilities that their F-16s won't give. also, PAF is committed to JF-17s and soon will get J-10. I dont think they are looking for any additional types of aircraft.

But on the other hand, maybe IAF can gett hese Mirages, since we already have the infrastructure, logistics and experience in operating Mirage 2000

Well , i am pretty sure that given the chance and the price is right then PAF will definitely go for UAE Mirage2009 which are the latest and most advanced variant of the aircraft
and UAE have hardly utilised the airframe.
These fighters could be a stop gap measure till 2025-30, there after PAF can go for Eurofighter or F35 or JXX , coz at that time Pakistan's economy should be Around 450-500 Billion USD , and with a defence budget if 25-30billion USD. PAF can retire its fleet of Mirage 3/5 without any decline in its combat capability if it get its hand on These Mirages.

However all this depends on the price at which UAE is willing to sell them
If its around 30-40 million USD then its a good catch , but not around 60 mil which i suspect it will be

:pdf::partay::pakistan::devil::azn:

For 60million, PAF can have 3 JF-17s.

Now 3 JF-17s against 1 Mirage 2000 would turn out pretty ugly.

Plus Mirage is no where near the value of 40 Million USD price tag. Good luck to French.

Back
Top Bottom