What's new

MINISTRY OF DEFENCE PRODUCTION YEAR BOOK 2014-2015

By the way, @HRK what about this "Ship borne system with on Land attack missile and one anti-Ship missile" ?
Any idea?
Must be some UAV as i do not see us getting involved in "indigenous" development of such an helicopter.

Also have you been able to sort out those 500 IR SAMs? As discussed, they cannot be HQ16 missiles for the reasons stated earlier.
maybe variants of ZARB missile or BABUR missile

maybe variants of ZARB missile or BABUR missile
It says IR SAM sir. Infra-red Surface to air missile. That is the point which lead us to say that it is not likely to be HQ16 missiles which was actually MUCH MUCH more likely considering we are buying the systems. Zarb and/or babur do not fill the profile!

By the way, @HRK what about this "Ship borne system with on Land attack missile and one anti-Ship missile" ?
Any idea?

Must be some UAV as i do not see us getting involved in "indigenous" development of such an helicopter.

must be VLS I don't think we have the capability to develop a UAV which can carry ONE ANTI SHIP & ONE LAND ATTACK MISSILE

Also have you been able to sort out those 500 IR SAMs? As discussed, they cannot be HQ16 missiles for the reasons stated earlier.

can't say ... but other then Umkhonto I don't find any other option available to us as of now ....

It says IR SAM sir. Infra-red Surface to air missile. That is the point which lead us to say that it is not likely to be HQ16 missiles which was actually MUCH MUCH more likely considering we are buying the systems. Zarb and/or babur do not fill the profile!

I am talking about this one ("Ship borne system with on Land attack missile and one anti-Ship missile" ?

must be VLS I don't think we have the capability to develop a UAV which can carry ONE ANTI SHIP & ONE LAND ATTACK MISSILE

can't say ... but other then Umkhonto I don't find any other option available to us as of now ....
A VLS which carries A land attack missile and AN anti-ship missile? That do not makes sense. If we are to go by the statement, it clearly states a platform that will operate FROM a ship and will carry these two missiles. However those babus can sure mess up the statements so i wont bet on that. Also if it is a VLS, for which ship? I am not sure if we are immediately buying any frigates in that category.

I am talking about this one ("Ship borne system with on Land attack missile and one anti-Ship missile" ?
I believe i just replied to this as well.
If we are to go by the statement, it clearly states a platform that will operate FROM a ship and will carry these two missiles.

two things, HIT maintained a low profile in development and focused more on repair, upgradation and maintenance. just see the numbers folks. it all adds up.

AK-2 is on track and should be inducted by the deadline provided the funds are available.

the ship born missile is an indigenous version of C602 with longer range and prohibited warheads

two things, HIT maintained a low profile in development and focused more on repair, upgradation and maintenance. just see the numbers folks. it all adds up.

AK-2 is on track and should be inducted by the deadline provided the funds are available.

the ship born missile is an indigenous version of C602 with longer range and prohibited warheads
Bhai, let this too notch highly classified secret out.
What is deadline of AK2.....?
Again old question.
How many AK are produced so far?
Is AK1 scrapped in favor of AK2 ?

Last edited:
Bhai, let this too notch highly classified secret out.
What is deadline of AK2.....?
Again old question.
How many AK are produced so far?
Is AK1 is scrapped in favor of AK2 ?

AK-2 is supposed to be unveil at IDEAS-2016 Defence Exhibition
Must be less then 500
NO ....

Yr from 2014 to 2016, we are ''supposing'' AK2 to be revealed in IDEAS.

AK-2 is supposed to be unveil at IDEAS-2016 Defence Exhibition
Must be less then 500
NO ....

By far the biggest thing here.
untitled-png.323093

• Anti Ship Missile = ZARB Coastal Defence
Land Attack Missile = ?????
Ship borne system = ??????​
Still more goodies to come​

• LY-80 Predictions (SAM) [Achived]
  • Mi-171 x 6 Helicopters indeed deal went thru [Achived]
  • 4 Fast attack boat contract mentioned , we got 3 Delivered till now [Achived]

So no real major suprises

General surprise , 2 Al Khalid tanks only

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom