What's new

MillatFace book : Cheap clone and attempt to cash in

millatfacebook is trade mark violation? to some extend the design, name No, since they've added millat before facebook no one can file for trade mark violations.

There is a software and i have a list of more than 16 website that are copy of facebook. That software is free and anyone can get it get a domain and start of with their own social networking website like facebook and brilliant idea to end monopoly, i understand some are pissed off at the copy of or similar sites like facebook but I think its a good positive start..
Nope - You are wrong.
You may not use the terms "Facebook" or "Face" as any part of the name of your Facebook Platform Application, including without limitation "Facebook [application name]", "[application name] on Facebook," "[application name] for Facebook," or "Face[application name]." Further, you may not use the term "Facebook", or variations or misspellings of Facebook (e.g. FBOOK), in the name of a URL to the left of the top-level domain name (e.g., ".com", ".net", ".uk", etc.) -- for example, URLs such as "facebook.xxx.com", "faacebook.com ", or "facebookprofiles.net" are expressly prohibited. Other than your limited right to use the Marks in a non-trademark manner as provided in this Agreement, you may not make any use of the Marks. Facebook and its licensors retain all right, title and interest in and to the Marks, and all goodwill arising out of any use of the Marks by you will inure to the sole benefit of Facebook. You will not at any time now or in the future challenge or assist others to challenge the validity of the Marks, or attempt to register confusingly similar trademarks, trade names, service marks or logos. You agree to follow any Trademark Guidelines established by Facebook with respect to your use of any Marks as those guidelines may change from time to time. You must immediately discontinue use of any Mark as specified by us at any time in writing. We may modify any Marks provided to you at any time, and upon notice, you will use only the modified Marks and not the old Marks.
http://developers.facebook.com/terms.php

thanks for the update. Still there should be sites to rip off facebook you may not agree with me. If the servers are not in us/europe its hard for them to even take any credible action against such sites.

thanks for the update. Still there should be sites to rip off facebook you may not agree with me. If the servers are not in us/europe its hard for them to even take any credible action against such sites.
Agreed but MillatFacebook is on US Server..
California - Santa Clara - Take 2 Hosting Inc but then again Facebook is a large corporation hence it won't be hard for their high paying lawyers to just write to domain registrar and get the domain ;).

yes if its in us too bad for millatfacebook, i would say failed try or perhaps maybe they've backup servers in another country lets see.

Patriot, that is for developer's license and concerned with apps not about independent platforms, not that using facebook in the name won't be a violation.

Facebook is a registered trademark as such Facebook can sue millatfacebook.Not only is the domain infringement of Facebook trademark the design is also a rip off.Their site is a recipe for disaster just waiting for cease and desist.

no it does not violate any rules. Even if they had chosen fasebook.com still they could not sue this site. Yes the front page do have some similarities but facebook could only sue them if they had stolen the source code from facebook that seems to be highly unlikely as facebook got plenty of more features and after you sign up - the whole page is very different

Seems like millatfacebook used that cheap clone that is widely available on internet or this site has been designed from scratch

There is a website fcukbook.com running, i think the name of the website should have been Millatbook.com or sm thing.

Facebook can sue and i am sure it will sue..

Wow, I can't believe that with a software you can create something like that right away. But the key to success is advertisement abroad as well in Pakistan. With copyright infringement they won't be able to market their product.

There is another Pakistani social networking site which came on horizon this week too with a name of GreenKonnection.com. I read about this site in The News beginning of this year in the Business section. I joined GreenKonnection and I think they have done a great job.

Nice Terms of use, the other Pakistani social networking site GreenKonnection.com has nice videos and all please tell us if that is something you think will pick up and become a giant like Facebook one day

There is always opportunity in someone else's misery.

Copyright infringements aside, they definitely possess the skill to do it right and make a mark. Name should be changed, how soon it gets tagged as Militant Facebook? :D

This reminds me of the cheap cola companies coming up all over the country after 9/11 when people started to boycott Pepsi and Coke.

A social networking website has to have some new features in it to get the attention of people.

All big social networking sites offer API (Application Programming Interface) to let third parties to connect to the site and get data. It is the API that enables you to use sites like Facebook, on your cell phones and consoles.

Making a site like this is a piece of cake. (I already made one) The real thing is to attract the audience and that requires a bit more than copying some big social networking site and its features.

There is always opportunity in someone else's misery.

Copyright infringements aside, they definitely possess the skill to do it right and make a mark. Name should be changed, how soon it gets tagged as Militant Facebook? :D

Quite a "skill" that they used. It was written using pre-existing software (phpFox - Social Networking Script) for creating social networking sites and is as easy to set up as your blog on wordpress or blogger. Besides this the privacy controls on it aren't as robust as those of facebook.:bounce:

Subject: MiLLat FB VS Mark’s Zionist FB:
Birth and Launch of Millat Facebook:
Millat FB was launched by a team of Pakistani Muslims by working round the clock within just 2-3 days and Launched it Globally
Vs
Mark Zukerberg’s Zionist FB which took YEARS to develop and ran as a prototype for years. Than was registered in 1997 and it wasn’t until a YEAR LATER in 1998 that they could formally launch it.
Response and Growth:
Within 15 Days MFB had over 318,000 members forming its community
VS
FB who in the ENTIRE FIRST MONTH could manage ONLY 3,000
World Ranking:
The most reputable internet stats provider Alexa Ranked MFB 18,860th site out of over 6 BILLION WEBSITES within JUST One and a Half week.
www .alexa .com/siteinfo/millatfacebook .com
VS
The Zionist owned FB which took 6 years to gain popularity

During the week that facebook was banned many such sites popped up, buddyflick, friendbook, facebook.pk, among others...........

Subject: MiLLat FB VS Mark’s Zionist FB:
Birth and Launch of Millat Facebook:
Millat FB was launched by a team of Pakistani Muslims by working round the clock within just 2-3 days and Launched it Globally
Vs
Mark Zukerberg’s Zionist FB which took YEARS to develop and ran as a prototype for years. Than was registered in 1997 and it wasn’t until a YEAR LATER in 1998 that they could formally launch it.
Response and Growth:
Within 15 Days MFB had over 318,000 members forming its community
VS
FB who in the ENTIRE FIRST MONTH could manage ONLY 3,000
World Ranking:
The most reputable internet stats provider Alexa Ranked MFB 18,860th site out of over 6 BILLION WEBSITES within JUST One and a Half week.
www .alexa .com/siteinfo/millatfacebook .com
VS
The Zionist owned FB which took 6 years to gain popularity

Zionist facebook, Zionist Mark Zuckerberg, why is it that who ever we don't agree with becomes a Zionist ? I think we will soon start hearing phrases such as:
"Damn that Zionist traffic warden, he gave me a speeding ticket"
"Stop that Zionist thief, he took my wallet"

Back
Top Bottom