What's new

MILITANTS FIRE ON CHOPPER IN PAKISTAN QUAKE AREA

Should we be really surprised at this news? I guess not. Have we not seen the terrorists behave the same way during similar tragedies in 2005 Earthquake and 2010 Floods where millions of Pakistanis were affected? Terrorists will keep on their agenda to disrupt the relief work, but in the face of these multiple challenges we need to stand strong and united and do our work to bring relief to the people affected by this natural disaster. We stand by the people of Pakistan in these times of challenges and hope and pray that the people who are hurt by the earthquake are healed and their lives return to normalcy soon.

Abdul Quddus
DET-United States Central Command
U.S. Central Command

Rocket fired at NDMA chairman's helicopter in Balochistan

609673-helicopter-1380183800-130-640x480.jpg

AWARAN: The helicopter of National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA) Chairman Major General Muhammad Saeed Aleem was targeted with rockets while it was on its way to Mashkey, Balochistan for earthquake relief work, Express News reported on Thursday.

The NDMA chairman was in the area to monitor the rescue work underway in the devastated region. Major General Aleem remained unhurt in the attack.

“Two rockets were fired on the helicopter and the target was missed,” a military official in the provincial capital Quetta told AFP.

The September 24 earthquake has so far claimed around 350 lives in Balochistan, with Mashkey being one of the worst hit areas.

A senior FC officer had said that most of the stricken places in Awaran are highly risky areas for relief workers and provincial functionaries as it is a hub of Baloch nationalist militants.

Mashkey – a sub-district of Awaran – has been under the militant command of nationalist guerrilla commander, Dr Allah Nazar who has been confronting the FC and Pakistan Army for a long time.

these guys are not humans but noora wants dialogue with them

balochistan is becoming more isolated and dangerous with the passage of time

WTF!! Why did they fire at NDMA. These guys are so much retarded. What kind of aholes target people who are going for relief efforts? Damn!

I may get a lot of dirt for this and I may be wrong as well but I see people here hating Indians from their guts but we don't even do anything to you guys these days, its all in the past. The real enemy are these a-holes, people should work together to destroy this threat. India is not a threat to Pakistan.

What do they think,won't they ever die?poor people are already in difficulties,they have nothing to eat and terrorist are creating more problems.
They are pretty much like Sindhi Nationalists, abandoning the very people who they claim to be fighting for.....

some of the areas that are effected badly do have a presence of BLA terrorists; in fact I was telling myself that I wont be surprised if BLA and their terrorist affiliates (within and outside our borders) will promote attacks on Army/FC who are dispatched to provide relief and aid to the affectees

in fact - dont be surprised if they attack victims of the earthquake too, for accepting relief/supplies....this is in their nature, and one reason why so many people despise them. All they do is exploit human misery

glad the rodents couldnt aim their weapons properly

on a side note - it's also good that the military and the national disaster mgmt authority has denied foreign help; lest hostile countries take advantage of the situation and work with rebels rather than work with those who REALLY are in dire need of HELP

just because this is a RELIEF operation does not mean that miscreants will be given a free hand to attack military

That's because they must have known that an Army general and his staff were in the chopper. They don't like the PA too much, do they? :no:

apparently they hate Baloch people more -- since those choppers are carrying a few soldiers + a pilot and dozens of injured Baloch who would also be in danger

by the way -- did the indian media tell you that an army general is travelling in these choppers? :laugh:

The sentiment you guys have for the rats in Baluchistan is not different from what we have for the rats in J&K !
*Karma is indeed bad!
Hope the chopper and people are safe.

The sentiment you guys have for the rats in Baluchistan is not different from what we have for the rats in J&K !
*Karma is indeed bad!
Hope the chopper and people are safe.

J&K is not indian territory.

Balochistan IS Pakistani territory.

so "karma" doesnt apply here....furthermore, our military isn't imposing draconian laws in Balochistan Province (a la AFSPA) nor is there a widespread rejection of the Pakistani security forces in majority districts of the Province. So therefore no need to juxtapose the 2 issues.

so "karma" doesnt apply here....furthermore, our military isn't imposing draconian laws in Balochistan Province (a la AFSPA) nor is there a widespread rejection of the Pakistani security forces in majority districts of the Province. So therefore no need to juxtapose the 2 issues.
Karma applies on everything and Kashmir will remain with India. No one cares enough to march into the bees hive. Pakistan will have to wage an open war, even then it won't be able to sustain it self in a open theatre.

some of the areas that are effected badly do have a presence of BLA terrorists; in fact I was telling myself that I wont be surprised if BLA and their terrorist affiliates (within and outside our borders) will promote attacks on Army/FC who are dispatched to provide relief and aid to the affectees

in fact - dont be surprised if they attack victims of the earthquake too, for accepting relief/supplies....this is in their nature, and one reason why so many people despise them. All they do is exploit human misery

glad the rodents couldnt aim their weapons properly

on a side note - it's also good that the military and the national disaster mgmt authority has denied foreign help; lest hostile countries take advantage of the situation and work with rebels rather than work with those who REALLY are in dire need of HELP

just because this is a RELIEF operation does not mean that miscreants will be given a free hand to attack military

apparently they hate Baloch people more -- since those choppers are carrying a few soldiers + a pilot and dozens of injured Baloch who would also be in danger

by the way -- did the indian media tell you that an army general is travelling in these choppers? :laugh:

Chopper was carrying a major general in helicopter.

"we have heard about security concerns among the [nongovernmental relief groups] operating there,” Bijar Khan Marri, a spokesman for the Pakistan Red Crescent Society, said in an interview. “However, as an independent relief organization, we are just hoping we will not face any trouble out there."

Pakistan’s earthquake relief hampered by attacks on security officials, aid groups - The Washington Post

who is doing more for Balochistan? The NGOs and the military or scum-bag BLA

you take your pick

That's a Pakistani think.. Does not have any impact on what Indians think or believe...

Well, the situation in Pakistan today is nothing if not Karma.. So really, Pakistan is probably the best example of Karma being applicable..

Well, the situation in Pakistan today is nothing if not Karma.. So really, Pakistan is probably the best example of Karma being applicable..

curiously, i was going to say the same thing about india vis a vis iOk!

especially given that a similar number of Kashmiris (civilians) have either been killed or kidnapped by the occupation forces in the past month alone

Back
Top Bottom