What's new

Mid-air collision averted in Pakistan

well that PAf pilot was sleeping as PIA pilot did all the action to be saved so un professional PAF guys and its thinktank

Husnain, is that your picture?? Nice job, ill thank latter when from laptop.
You got a point, but won't two of this be in half a dozen screens of multiple radars?! What do you wanna say about that?
Well I dont know about the radar coverage, there were three cases 1) ATC was negligent by not informing PIA pilot about the presence of PAF plane 2) ATC did not have any radar help so he was clueless about the presence of PAF AC 3) PAF was secretly test flying a stealth aircraft :lol: .Rejecting outright the third case, there may have been two cases to consider, Like i told you, RWR on PAF AC would have been certainly signaling the presence of an jetliner to the pilot but there are hundereds of jet liners passing through our skies daily, what this RWR could not do is to let the pilot know that the other aircraft is descending. So there was little what he could do. thats my point

well that PAf pilot was sleeping as PIA pilot did all the action to be saved so un professional PAF guys and its thinktank

Not sleeping. Maybe he saw the PIA aircraft on the radar and calculated that the distance was enough for him to prevent any collision since he is trained to keep everything in consideration.

The PIA pilot may not have the same advantage since his plane is much larger and cannot move fast enough and so he panicked.

Anyways, the tower should have alerted the PK flight not to worry.

We don't know if it's a fighter jet or what.

Could've been any kind of Air Force jet. Though, it kind of puts the Air Force in shame that they didn't act. Oh well, thanks to Allah nothing happened.

Off topic but an incident comes to my mind.

During 1971 war, An 707 was almost shot down in night by an IAF pilot. He was dispatched to counter the BOMBER aircraft of PAF which later turned out to be a 707. The 707 was 110 Km. off the flight corridor.. They had almost collided..

Back
Top Bottom