What's new

Meet the next generation satellites of India

Kinetic

BANNED
Reaction score
Communication satellites:

GSAT-19E · Payload for the first developmental flight of GSLV MK-III · Experimental satellite to act as test bed for several new technologies like unified modular bus, deployable thermal radiators, electrical propulsion, indigenous Li-Ion batteries and C-band TWTAs, optical payload, etc.

Launch: dec, 2016.

gsat-19e__1.jpg

GSAT-11 : Multibeam satellite with about 10 Gbps throughput · 32 User beams in Ku-band, 4 colour-frequency reuse · Hub communication in Ka-band · Use of latest technologies like multiple spot beams, onboard RF tracking, high capacity modular bus supporting 4000-6000 kg mass, etc.

GSAT-11 to be located at 74 deg E is an advanced communication satellite with multi spot beam antenna coverage over Indian mainland as well as Islands to bring-in a huge advantage to the user community, compared to the existing INSAT/GSAT satellite systems. With this new system architecture and the advanced technology elements proposed to be employed for realization will generate a capacity of more than 10 Gbps for users from a single platform. The payload configuration is compatible with advanced I-4K bus of ISRO. The frequency re-use scheme designed into the system for the use of the allocated Ku band spectrum will provide more than 200 # 36MHz equivalent transponders.

The main highlights of the system configuration are multi beam coverage, Star network based Gateway connectivity, ACM as fade mitigation techniques, on-board power management techniques etc.

In addition to the advanced on-board technologies that are considered, the ground system technologies with user terminals employing Adaptive Coding & Modulation techniques, site diversity for Ka band Hub stations & sizing for fade mitigation etc are built into the design of overall system.

Type/Applications: Communications

Orbit Location: 74°E Geo

Mission Life: 15 Years

Equipments: 32 Ka x Ku Transponders

8 Ku x Ka Transponders

Configuration: I4K Bus

Frequency:

Ka x Ku: U/L: 27000 – 27500 MHz, 29500 – 30000 MHz (LV & LH)

D/L: 10700 – 10950 MHz, 11200 – 114500 MHz (LV & LH)

Ku x Ka: U/L: 12750 – 13250 MHz (LV & LH)

D/L: 18100 – 18600 MHz, 19700 – 20200 MHz (LV & LH)

gsat-11__1.jpg

Launch: Nov 2016

GSAT-Ka · Multibeam High throughput satellite in Ka-band · Possible use of latest technologies like steerable beams, electrical propulsion, deployable thermal radiators, etc.

http://sac.gov.in/SACSITE/SAC-Flyers/menu-links/society/8.1 COMMUNICATION SATELLITES.pdf

GSAT-6A · Multibeam S-band satellite · Use of multiple spot beams for reuse of frequency · Six meter unfurlable antenna for enabling communication using small, portable and mobile terminals.

GSAt-6_0_0.jpg

12unfurlable-antenna-of-gsat-6-deployed-mode.jpg

No surprises there....we are about par with other countries in satellite technology....we need to work asap on heavy lift capabilities...semi cryo replacing the core in gslv mk3 will be a game changer

a dual stack of GSAT-11 launched on the Falcon 9 would be the greatest bang for your buck I bet

a dual stack of GSAT-11 launched on the Falcon 9 would be the greatest bang for your buck I bet

Lol... OK

Don't you worry laddie. Won't be too long now.

Btw, here is a kicker. ISRO has launched more American satellites that any American launcher has Indian satellites.
Gosh, is that true? Now shoo...

Well we need to mature GSLV so maybe sometime in future. India used Ariane in the past for this kind of payload.

Well we need to mature GSLV so maybe sometime in future. India used Ariane in the past for this kind of payload.
What the hell? His post was nothing but positive. :/

what guest meant is, we are sending heavy satellites through Ariance only and after that we will go for GSLV only. This is simple business. Falcon 9 will be chosen if ISRO finds it beneficial.

Lol... OK

Btw, here is a kicker. ISRO has launched more American satellites that any American launcher has Indian satellites.

what guest meant is, we are sending heavy satellites through Ariance only and after that we will go for GSLV only. This is simple business. Falcon 9 will be chosen if ISRO finds it beneficial.

Quoted the wrong person. Meant to quote him.

Lol... OK

You okay buddy?

Quoted the wrong person. Meant to quote him.

Ignore the idiot

I know and I am not the one who tried to bite his head off. You quoted the wrong guy. I appreciated what he said.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom