What's new

Meet Denel Dynamics Raptor 3 IR guided standoff munition.

RAMPAGE

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Long-range-Raptor-III-goes-on-display-_AAD143_.jpg

Successor to H-2 (Raptor 1) & H-4 SOW (Raptor 2).

Denel Dynamics is showing a model of its Raptor III precision stand-off weapon for the first time, in the company’s display outside Hangar 4. The weapon is tailored to a strategic mission against high-value targets, which are often hardened and well-defended.

Like its predecessor, the Raptor II, the new weapon has pop-out wings to extend range. However, the Raptor III is aerodynamically cleaner with its systems being housed within the weapon body.

Other systems, such as infrared seeker, have also been improved. The programme is currently in the development stage.

Raptor III is a long-range (less than 300km) weapon that can be programmed to fly a variety of flightpaths. It is guided by jam-resistant GNSS (global navigation satellite system) and inertial navigation, with optional low-light TV or imaging infrared terminal-phase seekers.

Automatic target recognition algorithms allow the weapon to identify its target and guide itself to impact with a circular error probability of less than 3m. Blast/frag and penetration warhead options are available.

Attack profiles are best planned on the ground for optimal mission planning, but the Raptor III has a datalink for in-flight target reprogramming. The weapon can be fully integrated with an aircraft’s fire control system, or linked to the carrier’s system by wireless transmission.

http://www.janes.com/article/43441/long-range-raptor-iii-goes-on-display-aad143

Hmmm... considering the rumors that we have this system we should buy this weapon's rights... if not already...

@Khafee

Denel is in JV with UAE defence companies. Are they working on this weapon together too? Looks good as a cheap alternative to ALCM against SAM defended targets.

Looks like an excellent Small Precision Munition to me, best to take out small yet highly valued targets with great precision.

So this little thing can go undetected on the s400 radar ???

Looks like an excellent Small Precision Munition to me, best to take out small yet highly valued targets with great precision.
The moment I saw it, I imagined it being launched by a JF-17 at fazlu's ugly arse.

A-Darter & Raptor 3, A set I'd like to see with PAF.

Sorry Bro, hope you understand. No comment.
UAE is headed in the right direction. South Africa, Serbia, Ukraine and Czechoslovakia etc are the countries you can buy technology from and develop your defence industry if you've got the money.

Ra'ad ALCM with active radar or IR seeker would be more appropriate for that purpose.

It's been ages pakistan conducted business with Denels on any AAM or AGM. Something set them apart. May be US pressure, sanction threats.

Ra'ad is relatively new missile. It will complete its decade next year. Going by our missile upgradations. Pakistan R&D take atleast decade and half to upgrade any missile.

Back
Top Bottom