What's new

Median Flight of J-15

PakShaheen79

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Guys, this is what i come across while surfing web. Please can anybody confirm this
J-15 is the first generation of Chinese shipborne fighter aircraft being developed by both 601 Institute and SAC for PLAN's first aircraft carrier. It was speculated that the aircraft was based on J-11B (see above). However some rumors claimed that J-15 might be a new semi-stealth design based on a similar but more advanced stealth design developed earlier by SAC/601 Institute to compete for the J-14 project (see below), but this has not been confirmed. J-15 is believed to share many common systems with J-11B, such as similar radar and electronic systems as well as the improved WS-10 turbofan engine. Some key shipborne aircraft technologies such as landing/navigational systems are believed to be based on Russian Su-33/T-10K and were bought from Russia and Ukraine. Overall J-15 is believed to be in the same class of American F/A-18C. Some parts of J-15 such as landing gear were manufactured already. The first prototype has been undergoing assembly at SAC since 2008 and was projected to fly within 2 years, powered initially by Russian AL-31F turbofan engines. J-15 is expected first to be stationed onboard the Varyag aircraft carrier currently being fitted in Dalian. The latest rumor claimed that the first prototype made its maiden flight on August 31, 2009.

Chinese Military Aviation

if it is true, how come we did not see any leak pics of this thing? But anyway just visit the site and see how many new aviation projects China is running concurrently.:china::china:

Buddy i was talking about pics of the fighter not the actual fighter itself lol :):azn:

its under assembly. we ll see some of these pix when it will take to skies and Chinese fans will snap it

its under assembly. we ll see some of these pix when it will take to skies and Chinese fans will snap it

Dude! Check the linst in the first post. It is in assembly for sure but median flight has taken place. Do u know what that is; "First Test Flight of any newly developed fighter".

this pic seem fake to me..:undecided:
look

1-its wings and horizontal stabilators are of f/a-18s and vertical
stabilators are much similar to f-18s too.while the mid body is of su-35bm(b/c of full glass canopy and no canards).
2-if u take a close look,u will see the smoth body of su-35 and rough parts of f-18 and not well photoshoped.colours r spreading out.
3-the leading edge flap of f-18 and su-35 are not even in the same patern,poor photo shop.
:azn:
bottom line FAKE.
bring some true stuff mate.:agree:

Buddy i was talking about pics of the fighter not the actual fighter itself lol :):azn:

opss, i though you wanted one for yourself,, :D

anyhow on a serious note, i dont think it will be leaked so easily. have a look at the past projects like J10z

regards!

this pic seem fake to me..:undecided:
look

1-its wings and horizontal stabilators are of f/a-18s and vertical
stabilators are much similar to f-18s too.while the mid body is of su-35bm(b/c of full glass canopy and no canards).
2-if u take a close look,u will see the smoth body of su-35 and rough parts of f-18 and not well photoshoped.colours r spreading out.
3-the leading edge flap of f-18 and su-35 are not even in the same patern,poor photo shop.
:azn:
bottom line FAKE.
bring some true stuff mate.:agree:

Fake! May be may be not. It is said to be based on J-11 so it has a flanker connection as well Well the site which published information about median flight also says semi stealth design.

Fake! May be may be not. It is said to be based on J-11 so it has a flanker connection as well Well the site which published information about median flight also says semi stealth design.

yes it could be similar to j11(b/c they have some kind of cloning machine) but there is no such a pic related to j-15,as far as i know.
however,i belive that any chinese guy can show us the pic of j15 not any Pakistani,cuz we r sitting in Pakistan not China:china:.
and the pic u have posted up here is of a aircraft model built by chnese to observe the stealth design,it is itself nothing but a handy model.
but i agree that if there is any j-15,it would be similar to j-11.and i think it would six wings like su37.:pop:

hey,buddies here, a Chinese guy's coming~~but till now there aren't any exact pics could be found about this new plane available in any Chinese websites also.

But got the news from many chinese military forums that the new released J-15 has just made his maiden flight in this week.

Not need to wait any more time,I think the J-15 would come to our eyes soon.
:cheers:

hey,buddies here, a Chinese guy's coming~~but till now there aren't any exact pics could be found about this new plane available in any Chinese websites also.

But got the news from many chinese military forums that the new released J-15 has just made his maiden flight in this week.

Not need to wait any more time,I think the J-15 would come to our eyes soon.
:cheers:

Guys see his avator, he's holding the J-15 in his hands. Friendly joking only. :lol:

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom