What's new

Mechanised Divisions Pakistan Army

well its a surprise at least for me .... by the look of it I think it is for anti-personnel mines so it is a good tool for the safety of foot soldiers of PA.

I hope they are working on the same concept of Robotic Mine Plough for anti-Tank mines as well.

well its a surprise at least for me .... by the look of it I think it is for anti-personnel mines so it is a good tool for the safety of foot soldiers of PA.

I hope they are working on the same concept of Robotic Mine Plough for anti-Tank mines as well.
Tanks themselves can carry mine ploughs when needed so it’s usually not an issue for them. However an unmanned one would be a welcome addition, it would just need to be rather large to take the forces. PA does have proper, manned mine ploughs and flails.

Tanks themselves can carry mine ploughs when needed so it’s usually not an issue for them. However an unmanned one would be a welcome addition, it would just need to be rather large to take the forces. PA does have proper, manned mine ploughs and flails.
I know both of these basic things .... and was just 'wishing' to have unmanned anti-mine system [yes i know its a very fan-boyish thing] .... I think it would not be required to build all new system including chassis and other hardware but only the control systems would be required to be develop which could get integrate with existing system and could enable it to operate and control remotely.

If I am not wrong I have seen a video of such system sometime back so its not an out of world concept.

I know both of these basic things .... and was just 'wishing' to have unmanned anti-mine system [yes i know its a very fan-boyish thing] .... I think it would not be required to build all new system including chassis and other hardware but only the control systems would be required to be develop which could get integrate with existing system and could enable it to operate and control remotely.

If I am not wrong I have seen a video of such system sometime back so its not an out of world concept.
Germans used the Goliath tracked mine in ww2 which was an unmanned explosive carrier, powered by electricity or petrol. It was detonated by remote control and could be used against tanks and Infantry but was mainly used for blowing up mines, clearing paths for armoured columns. It was the pinnacle of German military engineering.
images (9).jpeg

Last edited:
The dilemma has been solved,we are still using type 59s.....
@iLION12345_1
Expected, seeing them after quite a while. They’re not stock either.
Doesn’t matter much though, even excluding them PA has plenty of tanks. These would still be useful In infantry support and against non-tank targets.
The sooner they get replaced the better though, they have really poor protection. Even an RPG would make short work of them in many cases… VT-4, AK-1 and AK-2 are replacing them thankfully.

Last edited:
The dilemma has been solved,we are still using type 59s.....
@iLION12345_1
AoA

I have seen these type 59/69s myself in city of gardens and I asked my relative (from armed forces) about why these obsolete tanks are present and in one of our most strategically important city, his reply was that we don't need tanks in this city and it made sense as I have seen them being used for training purpose only with dummy rounds filled with 7.62 or 12.7 mm ammunition..

AoA

I have seen these type 59/69s myself in city of gardens and I asked my relative (from armed forces) about why these obsolete tanks are present and in one of our most strategically important city, his reply was that we don't need tanks in this city and it made sense as I have seen them being used for training purpose only with dummy rounds filled with 7.62 or 12.7 mm ammunition..
Yes, it makes sense that they are present in non-critical areas as reserve tanks or training tanks. Also explains why they’re never seen in exercises anymore.
The Dilemma was that the number of tanks in PA service without including type 59 didn’t add up to the number of regiments. either way these will all be replaced by VT-4, AK-1 and AK-2. PA has more than enough tanks regardless.

These type 59s are upgraded with 105MM guns and basic NV capability. They have DU rounds that could quite Easily punch through a T72, but otherwise they’re very old.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom