What's new

Mechanised Divisions Pakistan Army

Pakistani and Indian military commanders are mainly trained on British traditions. So who can put a crack into that ? Someone like Rommel. Yes I know that Rommel eventually got defeated by British General Montgomery, but what was Montgomery's style? gather forces, put them in defense, be very cautious in movement. So in 1971, both armies did that. Where were armored divisions of PA and IA in 1971? Waiting for the other to attack, just like Montgomery, who let Rommel attack.
Commanders in 65 and 71 were trained by British, has the training style now evolved or are we still following the same doctrine.

So it a mix of American and British now, plus our own experiences.
The greatest factor to evolve the thinking process of Indo-Pak military planners is overt nuclearization of South Asia - leading to the employment of nuclear deterrent at strategic and tactical levels. Armored warfare is now far less relevant as it was in 65 or 71.

100 of these landed a while ago, modernized by Serbia..likely for reserve or FC units.

2796788_800.jpg

Very interesting. Are T-55s from Eastern Europe of better build quality than Chinese T-59s? Or is this for the Taliban?

Very interesting. Are T-55s from Eastern Europe of better build quality than Chinese T-59s? Or is this for the Taliban?

Serbia, upgraded by NKVD but they were meant for reserves. The ERA (ERO-1) package is better than Kontakt-5 - developed by VTI of Serbia.
2425263_600.jpg

Very strange to go for this. I don't think it is explained by a marginally superior ERA. There are 101 other more likely options than this. Even Chinese T-59s can be had for next to nothing... which begs again and again, quite glaringly, the question - why?

Very strange to go for this. I don't think it is explained by a marginally superior ERA. There are 101 other more likely options than this. Even Chinese T-59s can be had for next to nothing... which begs again and again, quite glaringly, the question - why?

The idea was to save 59s and 69s for Alzarrar upgrade later and put dirt cheap but effective 55s for FC on the Western border.

The idea was to save 59s and 69s for Alzarrar upgrade later and put dirt cheap but effective 55s for FC on the Western border.

Can you share where you got this idea / reference what you are saying? Because it is not a logical idea as Type 59s are among the cheapest tanks one can buy, specially used ones.

Perhaps its an idea in your mind, and I am misunderstanding that it is an idea from PA.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom