What's new

Maulvi fazlullah is sabotaging peace talks

Who asked them to do 9/11 and then not hand over the culprits to America and put us into such a difficult situation in which we were caught between the devil and deep sea ................................. ....................... Musharraf tried to negotiate with Taliban leaders .............................
My question was and is why Musharaf did not follow Sharif's tough stance on Taliban and why did he not send the commandos in Afghanistan to capture OBL in 2000 (who were trained by US for that purpose)? [if you doubt my claims, go through the newspapers in a library from July 1999 to March 2000, you will get the full picture]
I have the answer: He lacked vision; he did not know what he was doing- -- Listen my dear! I am not a great fan of Sharif's and before 9/11, I thought he was half-stupid at least , but that chain of events that I mentioned above I remember very well (because I was emotionally against NS approach) and that very actions of NS, which antagonized me, later made me respect NS and I started taking his ideas seriously. Whatever he has been doing in last few years has had a manner in it, let him do; there are several serious reasons for peace talk apart from any political and religious debate.

You are free to admire anyone but the truth is Musharaf is vision-less person and that is self evident from his return to Pakistan - Whatever he did and whenever he did might have been useful at that time, say in short term, but it was not the best strategy in long term, he did not deserve to be promoted above colonel rank; it was extremely unfortunate that he became a general; I had never expected any general to be so vision-less after getting such a high post. :bounce:

My question was and is why Musharaf did not follow Sharif's tough stance on Taliban and why did he not send the commandos in Afghanistan to capture OBL in 2000 (who were trained by US for that purpose)? [if you doubt my claims, go through the newspapers in a library from July 1999 to March 2000, you will get the full picture]

You never asked me a question , the post I made was in response to someone else . Musharraf did try to cash in on the militant support , we had been providing since the ill advised Afghan Jihad . Securing Pakistan's interest in Afghanistan wasn't really a bad idea since the national interests are paramount and above everything . The problem began after 9/11 happened and we all know the rest of the story . The President again tried to negotiate with the Taliban on the handing over of AQ culprits after the attack on twin towers , didn't work out . Thus , he was left with no choice , none whatsoever , but this . At least , he chose the lesser of the two evils and saved the country from being bombed . You really think that any commando action by ISI would have been successful in that hell hole country inhabited by hostiles living in a hostile environment ? You really believe that , mate ? Isn't that just another plan which may or may not have been discussed at General HQ ? Maybe , it wasn't possible just like I think , it wouldn't have been for a variety of reasons . I am not an anti democracy person , but the politicians have always disappointed the nation forcing the army to come in , make difficult decisions - some extremely wrong at times .

I think that I read it somewhere that Mr. Jinnah promised to respect their tribal status; but I cannot remember both the exact words and the reference. I think the book was "Pakistan Nagazir Tha"( published by Karachi University Press)- well I think it was the book (or some other authentic book as I do not like to read everything that comes in the way). The book is not with me at the moment otherwise I would have made sure before posting that I am 100% correct;

Even if we agree on this one, although I doubt it, No offence. The Tribesmen never had any problem with Army's deployment in FATA, it's always the Militants who had such a pain in the Ar*se, if you call it.

For example, in Bajaur, the majority is Salarzai, if I'm not wrong, and they themselves have raised a Lashkar of around 22,000, yes you heard it right, 22,000. And they DON'T want the Military to withdraw, 'cause it will make Bajaur what is used to be in 2007.

Back
Top Bottom