What's new

Maryam Nawaz Tweeted A Coke Bottle With Her Father’s Name On It And Look How Twitter Made Her Regret

Go <someone> Go

In Pakistani English this phrase has acquired a different meaning

Last edited:
She wanted to tell us kay peyo kay kartoot coca cola jitnay hee kalay hain

Pakistani Democracy is a joke.

The following is a bare minimum to have a democracy:
- Free and Fair elections (2013 showed videos of patwaris stuffing ballot)
- Leaders of all parities debate each other (2013, Nawaz refused to debate)
- Free from coercion (giving biryani plates for votes is a violation of democracy)
- Accountability (Using public money for party advertisement is a gross violation of democracy)

There is a billion other ways PMLN and PPPP have violated the principles of democracy.

Remember everyone, Democracy is not just votes. It's accountability.
Even Kim Jong Un gets votes, but he is not accountable to his people, just like Nawaz.

I do not advocate violence but Maryam Nawaz is one of the few women that I think have a very punchable face.

I thought you were an advocate of democracy?

I am. But unfortunately our brand of democracy is based on names and dynasties. Miles away from an ideal democracy but still miles better than a dictatorship.

000046122_chicken-biryani.jpg

this goes well with coke
What a view...

I have no idea what that means
Me neither...i enjoy ring rung ring rung ring too much to think about these petty details anyway.

Losing side always complain and moan after election
They are ok to participate before election..If something is wrong with election mechanism then fix it and then take part in it ..no point of rona dhona of political party and their supporters after getting defeat in election...
Thats called democracy mate

I am. But unfortunately our brand of democracy is based on names and dynasties. Miles away from an ideal democracy but still miles better than a dictatorship.
Yup, I agree. Hopefully, people will become educated enough for societal change, then hopefully proper democracy can be instilled and the influence of the military in daily life will drastically decrease.

Yup, I agree. Hopefully, people will become educated enough for societal change, then hopefully proper democracy can be instilled and the influence of the military in daily life will drastically decrease.

Lol I think we overemphasize too much on education, we consider it the miracle drug but unfortunately that's not true.

Lol I think we overemphasize too much on education, we consider it the miracle drug but unfortunately that's not true.
Well yeah, it's not the only thing we need, but it's a major component. If people are educated, they can find better jobs and understand why corruption is bad as well as make informed choices when voting. It also means they are less likely to vote in favour of ethnic-based and extremist politicians and be wary of the influence of the military.

Pakistani Democracy is a joke.

The following is a bare minimum to have a democracy:
- Free and Fair elections (2013 showed videos of patwaris stuffing ballot)
- Leaders of all parities debate each other (2013, Nawaz refused to debate)
- Free from coercion (giving biryani plates for votes is a violation of democracy)
- Accountability (Using public money for party advertisement is a gross violation of democracy)

There is a billion other ways PMLN and PPPP have violated the principles of democracy.

Remember everyone, Democracy is not just votes. It's accountability.
Even Kim Jong Un gets votes, but he is not accountable to his people, just like Nawaz.
Give us solution instead of rants. If demoracy in Pakistan is joke then should we get rid of it? If yes then give us any other alternative which could be implement in Pakistan and could satisfy the needs of you all moaning and bitching

What i find funny is that some people and political parties make fun of democracy and parliament yet they go and take part in this joke process and when they are not able to win through this system then start moaning and bashing democracy ..same is true for supporters of political parties. Judiciary also become joke for some people when it dont give verdict in favour of some political parties . I am sure if tomorrow political party which you support come out victorious then suddently this same joke democracy will become great for you

Last edited:
Give us solution instead of rants. If demoracy in Pakistan is joke then should we get rid of it? If yes then give us any other alternative which could be implement in Pakistan and could satisfy the needs of you all moaning and bitching

What i find funny is that some people and political parties make fun of democracy and parliament yet they go and take part in this joke process and when they are not able to win through this system then start moaning and bashing democracy ..same is true for supporters of political parties. Judiciary also become joke for some people when it dont give verdict in favour of some political parties . I am sure if tomorrow political party which you support come out victorious then suddently this same joke democracy will become great for you

Unlike you, I don't have a pay check riding on perpetuating this Banana Republic.

"Give us solution instead of rants"

Okay, I found an info graphic for simple minds like you

5steploop2.jpg

Step 1: Identify the problem.
How can you give solutions if you don't know what the problem is?
So the "rants" are actually identifying problems.

I don't want to type a whole thing here because it will be a waste of time.

As Upton Sinclair said

"It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends on his not understanding it.”

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom