What's new

Marines issue: Italy may recall ambassador to India

Actually they paid the family 1cr each and since they were Catholic even local Church was involved in making attempts to kill the case since family was given enough compensation .

That's not enough compensation. Sorry the life of my family members is worth a lot more than 1 crore rupees!

Bot bhakts will keep jumping up every now and then. Just ignore.

Yea Bot bhakts....here is a link of how Congress never did shit. One of many many countless examples of incompetent idiots and folks like yourself who support hese idiots by voting for them

SC to monitor fencing of Bangla border - The Times of India

If Pakistan foreign office have a smart guy.. he can help Italy to win the case!
If Italians officials need advice, just email me.

Congress takes these trivial things as diplomatic victory ... Our relationship with EU states are highly valued & these popularity stunts by Khangress were very sickening. What we need is a closed door negotiation.

no we nned the marine back

as Modi himself demanded last year

Modi certainly doesn't want the marine back, he would have been delighted if the SC had sent the other chap back too. There is nothing here but trouble.

But I think we need the marine back. We need to set precedents.

But I think we need the marine back. We need to set precedents.

...and that would be what? Open the door for our soldiers to be in similar situation? I had argued when this first happened and I have never changed my opinion, this is a dangerous path we are driving on. 3 years & there is still no case? If the government had guts, it would simply drop the case & get on with life.

...and that would be what? Open the door for our soldiers to be in similar situation? I had argued when this first happened and I have never changed my opinion, this is a dangerous path we are driving on. 3 years & there is still no case? If the government had guts, it would simply drop the case & get on with life.

You can't keep pussyfooting around this man. I can assure you that even today if something like this happens in Italy our soldiers will definitely be accountable. This is actually a one way street now- if our people make even the slightest mistakes in Europe or US, they will be put through their process of law but if it is the other way around, they naturally expect no repurcussions. You should check out some of the stuff the Italians have tried- including 'blood money'. We don't need to be treated as a Banana republic while they hold their own laws 'sacrosanct'. There is no quid-pro-quo here.

You can't keep pussyfooting around this man. I can assure you that even today if something like this happens in Italy our soldiers will definitely be accountable. This is actually a one way street now- if our people make even the slightest mistakes in Europe or US, they will be put through their process of law but if it is the other way around, they naturally expect no repurcussions. You should check out some of the stuff the Italians have tried- including 'blood money'. We don't need to be treated as a Banana republic while they hold their own laws 'sacrosanct'. There is no quid-pro-quo here.

You & I have a disagreement here. We dont put a giant target on the back of our chaps to prove a point. Heck we dont even know what law to charge them under, no one is sure about jurisdiction...this is a mess. India should have dealt with the Italian government & they would have owed us one. We let the Russians go with a presidential pardon & that was pretty much an act of waging war on the Indian state. This was a terrible incident ( and i believe the Italians were clearly at fault, if not downright murderous) but this is not just about these 2 guys. Damaging Indian relations with Italy for these 2 guys is, imo, a terrible idea.

Last edited:
Mitron lets remember Modis own stand on the issue

B5IM_dvCEAADC5x.jpg

Modi certainly doesn't want the marine back, he would have been delighted if the SC had sent the other chap back too. There is nothing here but trouble.

see my post post no 42

You & I have a disagreement here. We dont put a giant target on the back of our chaps to prove a point. Heck we dont even know what law to charge them under, no one is sure about jurisdiction...this is a mess. India should have dealt with the Italian government & they would have owed us one. We let the Russians go with a presidential pardon & that was pretty much an act of waging war on the Indian state. This was a terrible incident ( and i believe the Italians were clearly at fault, if not downright murderous) but this is not just about these 2 guys. Damaging Indian relations with India for these 2 guys is, imo, a terrible idea.

I don't why you have an issue with India being assertive? Are you aware that China for instance, never allows extradition of its citizens under any circumstances? If the same event had happened in Chinese waters, you think they'd have pansied about?

I don't why you have an issue with India being assertive? Are you aware that China for instance, never allows extradition of its citizens under any circumstances? If the same event had happened in Chinese waters, you think they'd have pansied about?

We have been through this before. You & I can agree to disagree, no real point in rehashing the same stuff.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom