What's new

Margalla Hills in Islamabad receive snowfall after 6 years

Beautiful pictures. It remind me old days when i was studying in Islamabad and we friends were looking for such days to have som picnic and halla gulla in mountains of Margalla . Pakistan is full of beautiful places and scenery

It's a nice scene when snow is falling but not so nice when drive way need to be clean. :disagree:

What was the temperature? The only thing that doesn't seem enjoyable to me about winter in some areas Pakistan is all the people seem to get ecstatic and all rush out because their snow deprived people and it's an event in the areas that don't regularly get snow, that can be a nuisance and annoying.

Though North Pakistan is marvelous nothing transcends it's beauty, elegance, and majesticness.

The snowflakes in Gilgit are very big/fat.

Also some Pakistani people need to learn how to dress in the snow, some of them look ridiculous. Wearing shalwar kameez in the snow just looks out of place and inappropriate. Take note, dress modern and properly.

What was the temperature? The only thing that doesn't seem enjoyable to me about winter in some areas Pakistan is all the people seem to get ecstatic and all rush out because their snow deprived people and it's an event in the areas that don't regularly get snow, that can be a nuisance and annoying.

Though North Pakistan is marvelous nothing transcends it's beauty, elegance, and majesticness.

Pakistanis get excited seeing snow because most of Pakistan's population lives in Central Punjab, Karachi and Hyderabad. Those places never see snow.

And I would say many places of Pakistan see snow. Ziarat is not considered Northern Pakistan. And it sees snow every winter season:

QuettaZiarattrip03%20074.jpg

51346114980178196569.jpg

61513887633163518843.jpg

17278282843513041221.jpg

pakistan-map.jpg

True it is only people's natural reaction, if it snowed heavily in North Punjab regularly every winter people would not get ecstatic and rush outside and turn it into an event. Though people should enjoy the snow. Though, North Pakistan/Kashmir is a league of its own.

Also some Pakistani people need to learn how to dress in the snow, some of them look ridiculous. Wearing shalwar kameez in the snow just looks out of place and inappropriate. Take note, dress modern and properly.

We are Pakistanis. We are not engraiz. You will hardly see people wearing jeans in western provinces. They are very proud of their culture.

It doesn't matter if you are angrezis or not, then why do many people in Pakistan already wear jeans? Why do members of Government of Pakistan wear suits? I understand cultural clothing but you don't wear shalwar kameez in snow, it is stupid in my opinion. Wearing weather appropriate clothing is advisable.

In that case don't speak English, don't watch English movies, nothing...

---------- Post added at 07:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:04 PM ----------

We are Pakistanis. We are not engraiz. You will hardly see people wearing jeans in western provinces. They are very proud of their culture.

Islamabad isn't in the western part of Pakistan. What are you talking about. People in western parts of Pakistan often freeze miserably because they wear inappropriate clothes for the winter, many of them get sick. Even a thick made shalwar kameez isn't going to help.

We are Pakistanis.

Hum hein Pakistani, hum jeetain gay hum jeetain gay. Yeah we are going to win frost bite if we follow Omar's idea of wearing inappropriate shalwar kameez clothes in the north mountainous parts of Pakistan in winter months.

Hum hein Pakistani, hum jeetain gay hum jeetain gay. Yeah we are going to win frost bite if we follow Omar's idea of wearing inappropriate shalwar kameez clothes in the north mountainous parts of Pakistan in winter months.

Yea buy jeans and shirts and sweaters for all Pakistanis living in these mountainous areas if you really care what they wear :lol:

They are not complaining so why are you complaining?

nice...there was snowfall in lahore last year

Last edited by a moderator:
Well , weather has been acting weird here in India too , with Punjab Receiving snowfall after like 65 yrs

Back
Top Bottom