What's new

Margalah Plane was hijacked

‘Airblue cockpit had a third person’

ISLAMABAD: A team investigating the crash of the ill-fated Airblue jetliner on July 28 in Islamabad has detected the possible presence of a third person in the cockpit. Under normal circumstances, a cockpit is not supposed to have anyone other than the pilot and the co-pilot.

“The investigators have reportedly heard the voice of a third person in the cockpit of the Airblue jetliner,” a source close to the investigation told Dawn on condition of anonymity. The voice has been extracted from the Cockpit Voice Recorder, according to the source, and the investigators were looking into various possibilities and aspects. The CVR, which is part of the ‘Black Box’, is a flight recorder used to document the audio environment in the cockpit of an aircraft. In order to record and document the audio environment, microphones are installed in the pilots’ headsets and in the roof of the cockpit.

The source said that the data of communication between the control tower and the pilot were available with the investigators. Dawn has also learnt that the pilot and control tower communicated with each other for two minutes and 25 seconds. Two teams are currently investigating the air crash in which 152 people were killed. One of them is headed by Air Commodore Khawaja Abdul Majeed, president of the Civil Aviation Authority’s Safety Investigation Board. It is focussing on human factors, possibility of technical fault and weather conditions. The second team, headed by Federal Investigation Agency Director General Zafarullah Khan, has been assigned the task of investigating the possibility of ‘sabotage’.

The source said that investigators were trying to determine why the aircraft drifted five nautical miles away from its original route. “The late pilot was very experienced and professional with thousands of flying hours under his belt; hence the fact that the plane strayed five nautical miles from the original route is also a cause for concern for investigators,” he said. The source said that six investigators were yet to hold a joint meeting. When asked if there was a third voice in the audio recording of the cockpit, CAA director general Air Commodore (retd) Junaid Amin told Dawn: “I am not aware of the presence of a third person in the cockpit… you cannot judge from the audio whether there was a third person….”

No fault in Airblue aircraft

An analysis of the Black Box of the ill-fated Airblue aircraft which crashed on July 28 has revealed that it had no technical fault at the time of the accident. In intimation to A-320 operators across the world, Airbus said there was no need to update the procedures or make fresh recommendations after the ED 202 crash because all flight systems were working normally before the aircraft slammed into the fog-covered mountains. All 152 passengers on board were killed. The advisory was based on a preliminary analysis of flight data recorder and cockpit voice recorder by Bureau d’Enquetes et d’Analyses. A final outcome of the investigation may take months, but preliminary investigations have set the direction for the probe. According to aviation experts, the Airbus communication implies that technical malfunctioning has been effectively ruled out as the cause of the incident and it is up to the investigation team constituted by the Civil Aviation Authority to determine if the crash occurred because of pilot error, bad weather, control tower fault or any other factor.

The cockpit voice recording readouts have also revealed that the pilots belatedly realised that they were flying into terrain. The first officer of the flight was heard screaming “Sir, pull up, pull up” moments before the crash. This revelation has been supported by the findings of local investigators which show that before hitting the mountains the aircraft had climbed from 2,600 feet to 3,100 feet. The aircraft was circling for Runway 12, where it was to attempt visual landing. Sources privy to the investigations believe the pilot got panicked after realising that he was flying into the terrain and had turned the autopilot ‘heading bug’ to the left at more than 180 degrees. The aircraft, experts say, takes the shortest possible route in such situation and instead of turning left moved towards right.

Why did the aircraft go so close to the hills? Several explanations are being dished out, but the most commonly heard of in the aviation circles say that the pilot while circling for Runway 12 was on Flight Management Computer, but instead of following the prescribed route he had probably created a ‘visual circuit using place bearing distance waypoints’ that put him in the wrong place. Insertion of place bearing distance waypoints is strictly prohibited by aircraft manufacturers because the Airbus FMC does not have a ‘fix page’ capability, wherein a defined distance can be superimposed on the existing route. The standard instructions are that any route that is not supported by a ground navigational aid should not be used.
Breaking News, Pakistan News, National, World, Business, Cricket, Education, Health, Stock Exchange | OnePakistan.com - ?Airblue cockpit had a third person?

yeah man we agree with you it's a evil conspiracy by evil yahoodis to kill pious muslims :rofl::rofl:

The most stupid try of Humor by the most PATRIOTIC NORWEGIAN on PDF :rofl: :rofl:

Ya man its all conspiracy theories.

We stupid,dumb Pakistanis dont know that CYBER TRON era have been started & Transforming Aliens have started their attacks on Earth especially against pious muslims.And the killings in Iraq & Afghanistan were done by these Aliens who transformed them selves into American war machinery so that their presence on earth cannot be detected & all of these killings will be Blamed on Americans. :lol:

Infact Americans,yahodees love pious muslims from depth of their heart.And the presence of americans in most of the world & Pakistan is to save earth from the Alien attacks. :victory:

& infact the Predator drone that strikes in Pakistan is also an Alien who has transformed itself into a Predator drone & We stupid Pakistanis believe in this conspiracy theory that they are Americans who are striking us. :D

By the way good to see a NORWEGIAN living in NORWAY and trying its best to tell us Pakistanis that we all are dumb stupid because we believe in these conspiracy theories. :bunny:

The presence of a third person in the cockpit does not necessarily has to be a conspiracy theory. Right now, it's unconfirmed. Even if there was one, we do not know who this person is and for what purpose he is there. He could be part of the crew who went up to check what was going on.

Yes it is not necessary.
But my point is that whenever such a news comes some so called Patriotic people on PDF starts saying that " Hey man its all conspiracy theories Americans and Indians love us so much.Stupid Pakistanis believe in these conspiracy theories."

And after that the box of discussion gets close and if someone try to say a bit on that they suddenly come up & says "Stop it dont discuss it everything related to Pakistan & goes against America is a conspiracy theory"

There can be many possibilities but the purpose of discussing it in a forum is to DISCUSS ALL THOSE POSSIBILITIES so that some result of that discussion can be taken.
Not that if something doesn't comply with your thinking then its rubbish & a conspiracy theory so dont let others to discuss it.
Way back the news comes that may be Blackwater has hijacked the plane.The discussion ends with a result that Americans love their lives they cannot do such a suicidal attempt. ok

But now the news comes that there was maybe a third person in the cockpit & the suspicious behaviour of pakistani Authorities is giving rise to those assumptions of hijacking but some members are still trying to impose their thinking on others.
If there can be other possibilities then discuss them like Chogy has discussed them but dont do some cheap attempts of humour. :coffee:

Is the owner of GEO tv is owner of this paper aswell??because i only remember GEO spreading this type of nonsense and now this paper.

‘Airblue cockpit had a third person’

hange | OnePakistan.com - ?Airblue cockpit had a third person?[/url]

Well so what's the proof that the third person could be a hijacker,might possible an airhostess in the cockpit giving pilots some tea or chilled drink etc...at that time.

Is the owner of GEO tv is owner of this paper aswell??because i only remember GEO spreading this type of nonsense and now this paper.

No most of the reports are from DAWN news network.It is considered the most liberal one in Pakistan.

GEO tv & JUNG Newspaper both are from Independent Media Corporation of Pakistan.

Well so what's the proof that the third person could be a hijacker,might possible an airhostess in the cockpit giving pilots some tea or chilled drink etc...at that time.

No proof of it.
He can be Anyone.
But the purpose of posting it is to discuss it.

Not for calling it a conspiracy theory without giving any solid reason or logic.

Guys before you call this as BS and discard it as a conspiracy theory, may i remind you about what happened with Zia-ul-Haq and his plane. I dont say the article speaks the truth (it has to be a conspiracy) however completely discarding it as BS is also being naive. A countries premier got killed in a plane and to this date the report of the findings have never been made public so that the nation may know what really happened, how did the plane got crashed, so why not this? The guy flying the Air blue plane was not some random guy but a very experienced pilot who retired from the PIA and joined Air blue and was working with them for the past 2years. and if am not wrong he was also an EX PAF pilot. So what i dont understand is that how can a pilot of his caliber make such a basic blunder of entering into a no-fly zone just like that. I myself heard on the TV right after the plane crash that the black box was found and the next moment every one denied its existence. So what happened? Where is the voice recorder?Why are these things not made public, i mean the nation deserves the right to know what really went wrong. So while its not necessary for us to agree with the authors view in the article however there are certain elements/things which none of us can answer and nor has the government. I would say there is definitely more then what meets the eye.

Few days ago .....I met with a retired PIA pilot.
According to him that we know very well wt happend with the margilla hill plane but we dont discuss it. According to him he had 35 years of experience in flying aeroplane......He said that in my 35 years I never go to NO ZONE area...and none of the others as well I know, PILOTS never do such silly mistakes n according to him the aeroplane journey is more safest then the car (I dont know y he believe so much on that). He said the world have very short airports in sea island where the sea is on all four sides. Even there r airports on cliffs and some of them have more airflights then on Islamabad\ Rawalpindi airports.

According to him the plane was hijacked, thats Y Pakistan Government isnot disclosing it nither they r disclosing infomation of the Black Box.

it seems to me that our media have totally forgot about the accident since it does not have any "juice" for them anymore. Good to read some comments from professional pilots in this thread few observations,

1. Sir Pull Up scream sounds a statement from a WTF situation in which they did not expected what they had in view, If it was deliberate than they guy would be reciting Kalma or something to that extent (keeping in mind the theory that it was deliberately slammed in the mountain to save some important building)

2. I find it strange that two experienced pilots who in their career would have made ample amount of approaches and landings at Chaklala can make such a blunder when it comes to visual approach using landmarks

3. Human Error is again and again being promoted as cause of accident but lets not put the blame on men in cockpit but also on the guys in the tower who should had been observing the plane with ample amount of care especially in bad weather conditions, if the plane was deviating from normal flight plan it should had raised some concerns immediately.

4. AAA fire is something we should count out, the *** *** of a AK47 is more than enough to wake the neighborhood so who are we kidding that a AAA fire would had gone unnoticed i presume it would be much louder than the noise of a AK :p

I have never heard a AA missile being fired so again cannot comment how much noise it would generate when fired, but than again why with flight officer scream PULL UP?

The only reason there is so much debate about the subject is because of incompetence of the government and its ability to bring out the facts, If they simply release the FDR and CVR data it would put stop to the conspiracies once and for all. If it was an accident than they should not have anything to hide.

This thread is immortal... :hitwall:

Cockpit voice recordings are not DVD-quality audio. Even when the black boxes are recovered intact, and they make transcripts, often much of the talk is garbled and impossible to understand.

Under stress, the human voice changes, in pitch, rate of speech, etc. A man's voice can turn into a woman's. In MANY cases, investigators cannot determine which pilot said which words. I have listened to them. It can be very, very unpleasant.

The phantom 3rd person can be anything - a click that sounds like a door, a grunt, an unintelligible sound, a change in voice pitch or timbre.

Let me toss this out - Pretty much every major airline that has operated for any length of time has had what we call ACCIDENTS. Are Pakistani airlines magically immune to them? And if there's another accident in the U.S., do we get to blame it on any passengers on board that we don't like, or are foreigners?

Hijackers don't attack during a missed approach. They attack during the climb or cruise phase.

Accident. Fate. **** happens. A tragedy.

Back
Top Bottom