What's new

Manmohan Singh to visit Japan this month: Tokyo

Parul

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
TOKYO: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh will visit Tokyo this month, an official said Tuesday, in a trip that had to be scrapped last year after a general election was called in Japan.

Prime Minister Shinzo Abe's cabinet on Tuesday approved a plan to invite Manmohan Singh for a four-day stay from May 27, top government spokesman Yoshihide Suga told reporters.

"As India is a South Asian power that shares with us values such as freedom, democracy, human rights and rule of law, we aim to expand the partnership by discussing a wide range of issues including politics and the economy," Suga said.

"The country is also strategically important for Japan as it lies on sea lanes from the Middle East," where Japan gets much of the oil it imports, he said.

Singh's trip was originally scheduled for November and was set to include meetings with then Japanese premier Yoshihiko Noda.

It was expected to include the signing of infrastructure projects deals worth $15 billion, according to reports.

However, the tip was postponed after Noda called a general election for December, which ousted him and installed Abe in the top spot.

Manmohan Singh to visit Japan this month: Tokyo - The Economic Times

Flag-Pins-India-Japan.jpg

Good! :tup::tup::tup:

I hope this will be a fruitful visit with good economic and strategic outcome.

What's matter with days planned for this visit , it seems it is only increasing as 27'th approaches closer.Initially it was one day only, then it became two days visit in the midst of Chinese nonsense and now four days.

15 billion $ in infrastructure.... Wow.... I think there was a news that Japanese would build bullet train network in Bangalore, setting up their firms here in Bangalore.... Anyone got any info about the 15b $ infrastructure plan?

15 billion $ in infrastructure.... Wow.... I think there was a news that Japanese would build bullet train network in Bangalore, setting up their firms here in Bangalore.... Anyone got any info about the 15b $ infrastructure plan?

Back
Top Bottom