What's new

Mangalyaan sends another image of Mars

I don't know the picture is too dark , can't visually see the features clearly any chance they can put a flash light on camera at least we see the dark spots clearly

You should include these upgrades when (if) your country sends an orbiter to Mars.

I don't know the picture is too dark , can't visually see the features clearly any chance they can put a flash light on camera at least we see the dark spots clearly
sir please suggest which flash we should use to throw light on planet from 100s of kms above :cheesy:
upload_2014-10-15_5-37-0.jpeg

India's Mars mission is not there to take good photos, it is there to find life on Mars and conduct scientific experiment and study Mars' atmosphere

That is why I said put more light on the picture so we can see life

i know that pak education system is pathetic...but this pathetic, i didn't imagine. who said to you that more light will show you more life? there are lot of life forms that are not visible or beneath the ground. (ex: bacteria)

i know that pak education system is pathetic...but this pathetic, i didn't imagine. who said to you that more light will show you more life? there are lot of life forms that are not visible or beneath the ground. (ex: bacteria)

He's trolling and you're taking the bait.

o_O

How will the satellite take high resolution pictures with high light effect , if its so greyed out I mean what struck me most about the picture was that the picture if that of the side facing the sun , so I was expecting it to be quite bright similar to the pictures from NASA , and since Indian Mission came recently I thought that the camera used would be of Ultra high resolution top of line

That is all

But seriously it does looks a bit dark even if you will zoom a dark image it will look dark in higher resolution - were they not planning to have brighter images or is the camera faulty

I did not not knew that my question was so confusing

o_O

How will the satellite take high resolution pictures with high light effect , if its so greyed out I mean what struck me most about the picture was that the picture if that of the side facing the sun , so I was expecting it to be quite bright similar to the pictures from NASA , and since Indian Mission came recently I thought that the camera used would be of Ultra high resolution top of line

That is all

But seriously it does looks a bit dark even if you will zoom a dark image it will look dark in higher resolution - were they not planning to have brighter images or is the camera faulty

I did not not knew that my question was so confusing

Sirjee, Here is some info on the camera

Mars Color Camera (MCC)
This tri-color Mars color camera gives images & information about the surface features and composition of Martian surface. They are useful to monitor the dynamic events and weather of Mars. MCC will also be used for probing the two satellites of Mars-Phobos & Deimos. It also provides the context information for other science payloads.

1e9bf407864433460bfae80912cad243.jpg

http://www.hou.usra.edu/meetings/lpsc2014/pdf/2449.pdf
The mission has a highly elliptical Martian orbit imaging from 372 km (Periareion) to 80,000 km (Apoareion). I dont think a flash light will even reach the Mars surface from so far away !

From behan Emily's website. Cant post link.
Mars Orbiter Mission joins a long line of Mars missions that have produced images of Mars and Phobos together. When Mars and its moon are in the same frame, you learn very quickly how tiny Phobos is, and also how dark it is. Like most of the solar system's small bodies, it has a very low albedo, reflecting only about 7% of the light that strikes it. Actually Mars is not bright either, but with a global albedo of 15% it's more than twice as reflective as Phobos, and when you adjust an image to show Mars bright, Phobos remains pretty dark.
Maybe thats the reason it appears dark. And the image hasnt been processed thru a lot. Once they get hang of that may become better. The quality is top notch though :D

Back
Top Bottom