What's new

Malala Yusufzai: Victim of Barbaric Terror and Dirty Politics

dawn_blog_logo.png

Pak-Sermon.jpg

Malala and Goliath
Sabir Nazar | 4 hours ago

For the first time in my life I have started to like Pakistan. I see what I always wanted to see. The image of Malala on every chowk, newspaper, profile picture, status update and TV channel. The prayers of people all across the country have touched me beyond imagination. This is a Pakistan that gives me hope and light at the end of tunnel. Let us celebrate this golden moment in the history of Pakistan that might not last for very long.

Just two weeks before the Taliban attacked her, I heard her speech in a conference in Islamabad. I had a presentation just after her and was jittery as I am not a good public speaker. One sentence struck me when she said, ‘one defiant ‘NO’ can break the silence of fear’.

I didn’t realise then but now I know what she meant. Lets us celebrate one girl’s defiance and the courage to say ‘NO’. One girl’s courageous stand against the mighty Talibans, exposing them, forcing them to explain their act with accordance to Sharia. All religious parties and political parties who are afraid to condemn the Taliban publicly were forced to condemn the Taliban because of a 14-year-old girl. Malala like David defeated the mighty, armed to his teeth Goliath – the general of Philistines.

pic-1.jpg

Illustration by Sabir Nazar

The day Malala was attacked; I was sitting in my car waiting for my wife to finish her shopping. My daughter who is one year older than Malala was sitting in the back and I couldn’t see her face in the somewhat dark parking area. She asked me a question and I felt as if she was on the verge of breaking down into tears. I didn’t dare look at her in back-view mirror. I don’t know why I wanted to avoid her gaze.

Her:
It is very difficult to express one self.

Me:
No, what is so difficult, what is stopping you.

Her:
No I mean, I am talking about Malala.

Me:
But she did express herself. Look at the power of her expression. Didn’t it touch you and millions of other all over Pakistan. She wrote a dairy like Anne Frank from Swat.

Her:
But they have met the same fate. She died in a concentration camp and she is in a hospital.

Me:
What are you trying to say?

Her:
Isn’t it better to leave this country where one can’t say what she wants, can’t adopt the profession what she wants?

pic-3.jpg

Me:
Malala didn’t have a choice to leave the country. Running away from any situation is not an answer.

Her:
But she could have left Swat and lived in any other city?

Me:
But it was more difficult living in another city. She couldn’t have continued her education if her entire family was displaced.

Her:
But why she was the only one who stood for her rights?

Me:
Because people living under such conditions become aware more than others living in a secure environment. The brush with reality is the greatest teacher. She realised the importance of education as she was being forced to leave it.

Her:
I was talking to my friends in school and one girl said that she was not attacked by the Taliban but some tribal people who are against education.

Me:
That is not true. We know only one group is responsible for destroying thousands of girls’ schools in Fata and Khyber Pakhtunkhwa. Besides, the Taliban in Afghanistan stopped girl education in 1995.

Her:
When I started to tell her about Malala, my friend nudged me under the table to stop the conversation.

Me:
Why? What was she afraid of?

Her:
She said there is no need to get into debate. They have only known Malala after this incidence.
Me: So?

Seema:
Can I write about her in my school magazine?

Me (to myself):
Is she afraid of writing?
(To her):
Yes why not, it would give you an opportunity to understand the issue and other students would know the Malala’s role in education.

Her:
Our school has started drills for emergency again. I don’t understand the two different sirens, which one is for locking ourselves in the class rooms and which is to gather outside the building.

Me:
The first drill is meant to lock yourself in, if terrorists sneak into the school. And the second drill is probably to evacuate the school building in case of a bomb planted inside the building. There are hoax calls of bombs in the building.

Her:
Its very difficult to express one self in this society. I have learned not to surrender and shouldn’t stop to express myself, like I did in school.

Me:
Yes, you should.

Her:
But why should a girl struggle for education? Why didn’t somebody else speak about education in Swat?

Me (to myself):
This is the age when 14-year-old girls should be dreaming about clothes, going to picnics and playing with her friends, as she described in her dairy. Why should she struggle for an education which is her right? Wasn’t this the duty of the adults to provide her with education? Have we reached a stage where our little girls, like Rimsha, Malala, have to offer sacrifices to wake us from our slumber?

I remained silent.

sabir-nazir-80.jpg

The author left architecture for painting but ended up as a cartoonist and now writes Hijjo. He is the jack of all trades.

Lahore: The police officials Wednesday arrested the son-in-law of Chief Minister Punjab Shahbaz Sharif, Ali Imran, for assisting in beating a bakery employee in Lahore.

According to the sources, Ali Imran who arrived at the Cantt Police station to record his testimony in the case of torturing the bakery employee, was arrested by the police.

SP Investigation Maroof told media that the son-in-law was arrested under the Act 109 of the constitution.

It is to be mentioned here that the guards of CM Punjab’s daughter abducted and tortured a bakery employee in Lahore after he refused to act upon the request of the CM’s daughter.

Earlier, Seven Elite Police Force officials and the alleged bodyguard of the chief minister’s son-in-law, who were taken into custody by the Defence B police in connection with a torture case involving a bakery employee, were sent to jail on a 14-day judicial remand on Tuesday.
Bakery case: CM Punjab’s son-in-law arrested in Lahore | The News Tribe

but i titled it 'Bakery case: CM Punjab’s son-in-law arrested in Lahore' sorry for mistake

The outlawed Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) on Tuesday defended the attack on Malala Yousafzai, rejecting that she was an innocent girl and labeling her as ‘an American spy’. The central spokesman of TTP, Ehsanullah Ehsan, in a detailed statement issued to the media said Malala’s date of birth is July 1997 which makes her 15 years four months old today. “Even if no sign of puberty becomes noticeable, this age of the girl marks the end of pre-puberty phase.” The statement said: “In Islam and Pashtun traditions there is absolutely no room for an attack on a woman of pure virtues.
But in cases where a woman is seen as a clear sinner who stands in defiance of Shariah, such a woman is not only allowed to be attacked but there is an obligatory instruction for such an action.” The TTP spokesman said, Malala Yousafzai was ‘a spy who divulged secrets of Mujahideen and Taliban through BBC and in return received awards and rewards from the Zionists’. “She not only spied against Mujahideen but also created propaganda against them. The Gul Makai diary is an embodiment of anti-Taliban views,” he continued. “She has received the punishment for her sin.” The spokesman further said that Malala was brought before the media under a pre-planned strategy so that she could pollute the minds of the youth against the Taliban.

TTP labels Malala as

TTP itself is a joint collaboration of JSOC and CIA. After all, they are not doing anything in the interest of Pakistan or Islam by targeting innocent people.

TTP itself is a joint collaboration of JSOC and CIA. After all, they are not doing anything in the interest of Pakistan or Islam by targeting innocent people.

And what noble have Taliban done to not pollute the minds of the youth? You are a disgusting lot and must burn in hell fire. :flame::flame::flame:

TTP are aliens who were in are 51 till now, and america airdropped them on pakistan because it is the only islamic country in the world with a-bomb but in the end the victory will be pakistan's because god is on pakistan's side.
Cheers.

yes TTP you are not alone so are the PTI walay PMLn walay and all the other right wingers

As the Dawn editorial indicated, NWA has become a haven for TTP and its Al Qaeda affiliates including ****** thugs from all over the world. Militants who are ideologically driven and intent on setting up their own fascist fiefdom. We have already seen the TTP operate in Swat. There were no drones in Swat. Have we not learnt our lesson? And what a costly lesson it was.

We have lost 40,000 civilians and 4000 soldiers thanks to the TTP and their Al Qaeda affiliated terrorists. When will people like Khan Sahib wake up? Imran Khan wants to negotiate with the TTP. How and what, can you negotiate with a rabid dog?

Importantly, when will our Generals stop equivocating, and give up this nonsensical notion of achieving strategic depth through non state actors? When will our Generals start caring about our people - our soldiers, our policemen, our shia, our women, our barelvis, our ahmadis and christians, our Malalas trying to get a decent education - all people targeted by the very groups the military nurtured in the past.

This is an existential battle. A battle of ideology. A battle between darkness and sanity. The battleground is NWA. And this is a battle that must be fought sooner rather than later.

The military must kill the monster it spawned and fed, if we are to survive as a viable state. Period.

Back
Top Bottom