What's new

Malala will be considered for Nobel prize, hopes Jolie

I fully agree with Angel Jolie.

She should be nominated for Nobel Peace Prize

If anything that pi*sess off the TTP/zalimans, I am happy :lol:

I fully agree with Angel Jolie.

She should be nominated for Nobel Peace Prize

If anything that pi*sess off the TTP/zalimans, I am happy :lol:

Alferd Nobel is TTP's spiritual leader because he invented dynamite, modern day suicide jackets. Imagine if there was no Nobel, no dynamite - no suicide bombers :lol:

Original article written by Angel Jolie

-------

Angelina Jolie: We All Are Malala

by Angelina Jolie Oct 16, 2012 2:18 PM EDT

I told my kids—and you should too: Girls’ education is under threat in Pakistan, Afghanistan and around the world. It’s time we all took a stand. By Angelina Jolie. Plus: Here’s how you can help.

On Wednesday morning, as we readied the kids for school amidst a few of the usual complaints about not wanting to go, I saw a headline on the cover of The New York Times: Taliban Gun Down a Girl Who Spoke Up for Rights. The Taliban claimed that 14-year-old Malala Yousafzai “ignored their warnings, and she left them no choice.” They approached her school bus, asking for her by name, and shot her in the head for promoting girls’ education.

1350412311904.cached.jpg

After reading the article, I felt compelled to share Malala’s story with my children. It was difficult for them to comprehend a world where men would try to kill a child whose only “crime” was the desire that she and others like her be allowed to go to school.

Malala’s story stayed with them throughout the day, and that night they were full of questions. We learned about Malala together, watching her interviews and reading her diaries. Malala was just 11 years old when she began blogging for the BBC. She wrote of life under the Taliban, of trading in her school uniform for colorless plain clothes, of hiding books under her shawl, and eventually having to stop going to school entirely.

Our 8-year-old suggested that the world build a statue for Malala, and fittingly create a reading nook near it. Our 6-year-old asked the practical question of whether Malala had any pets, and if so, who would take care of them? She also asked about Malala’s parents and if they were crying. We decided that they were, but not only for their daughter, also for children around the world denied this basic human right. Like Malala, her parents are icons of bravery and strength. Malala’s father, also a long time champion for girls’ education, is a school principal, teacher, and poet.

The following morning, the news showed pictures of children across Pakistan holding up Malala’s picture at vigils and demonstrations, and praying in schools. My son worried that girls were going to be shot for standing up for Malala. I told him that they were aware of the danger, but publicly supporting her reflects how much Malala means to them. Malala’s courage reminded all Pakistanis how important an education is. Her bravery inspired their own.

Still trying to understand, my children asked, “Why did those men think they needed to kill Malala?” I answered, “because an education is a powerful thing.”

The shots fired on Malala struck the heart of the nation, and as the Taliban refuse to back down, so too do the people of Pakistan. This violent and hateful act seems to have accomplished the opposite of its intent, as Pakistanis rally to embrace Malala’s principles and reject the tyranny of fear. A spokesman for the Pakistani Taliban said “let this be a lesson.” Yes. Let this be a lesson—that an education is a basic human right, a right that Pakistan’s daughters will not be denied.

As girls across Pakistan stand up to say “I am Malala,” they do not stand alone. Mothers and teachers around the world are telling their children and students about Malala, and encouraging them to be a part of her movement for girls’ education. Across Pakistan, a national movement has emerged to rebuild the schools and recommit to educate all children, including girls. This terrible event marks the beginning of a necessary revolution in girls’ education.

Malala is proof that it only takes the voice of one brave person to inspire countless men, women, and children. In classrooms and at kitchen tables around the world, mothers, fathers, sons, and daughters are praying for Malala’s swift recovery and committing themselves to carry her torch. As the Nobel Committee meets to determine the winner of the Nobel Peace Prize, I imagine brave Malala will be given serious consideration.

Source: Angelina Jolie: We All Are Malala - The Daily Beast

Nobel peace prize should be abolished.. Don't know what criteria they have set up to identify the probable candidates..

I think everyone here, even Indians would agree that Mr. Edhi deserves the Noble prize more than anyone. HOW the heck can Obama, the guy who's bombed several countries win?!

Nah they'll probably give it to Dr Dre!

And seriously the prize was just given and these people's memories are short so come 12 months time they won't remember the 14 yo Pakistani.

Ḥashshāshīn;3511252 said:
I think everyone here, even Indians would agree that Mr. Edhi deserves the Noble prize more than anyone. HOW the heck can Obama, the guy who's bombed several countries win?!

Sure, I support Nobel peace prize of Edhi. He has done much more to humanity then many others who already got it..

But giving it to Malala just because she stood against Taliban will be a joke.. I would support giving here a Nobel prize for Bravery or something but can't say she did anything per say for the matter of peace in Pakistan..

American forces are in fact doing a far better job for peace in Pakistan by laying down the dreaded terrorist scums.. They deserve this Nobel prize for sure..

Sir I believe in conspiracy theories because many of them are true but I don't believe in crap a girl has been attacked Sir at least show some respect if you can't say anything good Sir

As i said elsewhere, if this is all staged or a part of some conspiracy theory, why none of the cave dwellers tribe has come forward to deny their involvement.

Tame ur horses guys...

He (Stealth) is NOT saying that she wasn't shot. She indeed was. But what he's saying is that this shooting was NOT quite what it is being portrayed as. Poor unwary girl was set up. There are plenty of indications for such scam. She was given "designed" coverage before and after getting shot. And possibility is that she was NOT the only one they readied for later use... There could be more, that's what worries me.

No one is disrespecting Malala, "the heroin" of western/local media alike, even indians. We r not an iota less sorry for her misery. May be even more worried about her than those so carried away by media hype... and worried about possible more potential victims that they might "shot" when appropriate. We just are in touch with reality & don't watch fictional movies & jump off our seats every time hero kicks villain's but'.

Plus, how many times do we hear cave dwellers' opinions & what access they have to main stream media.!!! or to any means of communication for that matter. Just some guy calls B.B.C. & takes responsibility of attack on Malala & no one dare question authenticity of that guy & of that call.

=
=

We are equally sad for 18 innocent-until-proven-guilty killed by Americans the very next day, who were either shredded into pieces or silently buried without any media rant. No one of us saw tears in the eyes of their relatives. Just bcoz NO dramas were staged repeatedly on TV channels for those 18, this doesn't make their lives any less valuable than Malala's. Same with the 2 other girls who got injured when Malala was shot.

If European Union and Obama can get it, you know what credibility this Nobel Peace Prize has!

Angelina Jolie Donates $50,000 In Honor Of Wounded Pakistani Teen Malala Yousafzai

Angelina%20Jolie-20120217-0.jpg

Angelina Jolie has made a $50,000 donation towards girls' education in Pakistan in the name of a teenager shot by Taliban extremists.

The Hollywood actress recently wrote an article giving her response to the attack on 14-year-old Malala Yousafzai, revealing she was horrified by the incident earlier this month which left the Pakistani schoolgirl fighting for her life in the hospital.

Yousafzai campaigned for girls' rights to education and wrote a diary about life under the Taliban for Britain's BBC, and now Jolie has thrown her support behind the issue by handing $50,000 to the Women in the World Foundation.

The money, donated through Jolie's charity initiative the Education Partnership for Children of Conflict, will go towards setting up an award in Yousafzai's honor to provide funds for females fighting for education rights in Pakistan and Afghanistan.

A joint statement from Jolie and Women in the World Foundation founder Tina Brown reads, "We are sure you have been shaken by the news that last week, 14-year old Malala Yousafzai was shot in the head by the Taliban as she left school in the Swat Valley in Pakistan. Her crime was promoting girls' education in Pakistan..."

"As a response to Malala's bravery, girls across Pakistan, Afghanistan and the world are standing up and saying, 'I am Malala' - and this is our opportunity to show the same solidarity."

Kim Azzarelli, president of the Women in the World Foundation, adds, "Ms. Jolie's Education Partnership for Children of Conflict will contribute the first $50,000 to this effort. Let's do everything we can to support these girls in securing this most basic right."

Source: Angelina Jolie Donates $50,000 In Honor Of Wounded Pakistani Teen Malala Yousafzai - Starpulse.com

-------------------
You can also donate to them by visiting this website: https://donate.womenintheworld.org/page/contribute/malala-yousafzai

2635400219_2e1a984fd3.jpg

She's a truly remarkable lady and an example for the UN itself......earlier Brad and Angelina donated $1 Million for the earthquake victims and then another $100 000 for the flood relief.
She also wanted to adopt an orphan from the earthquake, not sure what became of that.

Not sure what Obama got the price for being black I suppose and lieing about stuff

Back
Top Bottom