What's new

Make in India: US offers to jointly manufacture fighter jets with India

Think our typhoons would have been better option for india.

No doubt its a great plane in its class and generation but I suppose the authorities just didn't want to haggle with four consortium and the politics involved with it. Considering the deal with the Rafael deal with the French hasn't even materialized after all these years, I wonder how it would have gone differently with the EF-Typhoon.

The key here was to develop a non-Russian source, essentially not put all our eggs in the same basket. No comparison certainly with the SH
Yes I remember that goal of diversification of purchases by IAF.But that point is quickly becoming moot with the dangerously low squadron levels and unavailability of a dedicated interceptor.Tejas seems nowhere in sight and god knows when PAKFA and AMCA will arrive.Rafale deal is getting too costly and US is a very tricky dealer.Mig-35 offers the perfect choice given our history with Russian products.I would have selected Gripen but it relies on US for engine.

USA will eventually build a F -35 production line in India. But India need to wait as we have our own and allies to fulfill. After all those needs are met, than India and U.S. Can build F-35 in India according to Indian specifications. In the mean time, India can assemble existing U.S. planes.

You must definitely be clairvoyant or I'm guessing you are an individual with a lot of brainfarts lodged up up there..:p:

Go for Latest F16s and form a JV in developing AMCA technologies !!

If USA wants to develop close ties with India, They should not hesitate to transfer some of the technologies to India. There should be no double speak.
Not gonna be possible. They did the same trick to China in 1980s, nearly destroyed our aviation industry.

Not gonna be possible. They did the same trick to China in 1980s, nearly destroyed our aviation industry.

We do have domestic programs and JV's with Russia. If we get the tech. it is fine if not ..... not a problem, AMCA will use the technologies of PAK FA.

Last edited:
To be an enemy of America can be dangerous, but to be a friend is fatal.............:agree:

.I would have selected Gripen but it relies on US for engine.

So does the LCA, I hardly think that is grounds for non-consideration. The French have ripped us new orifices in the M2k upgrade deal & the Scorpene deal & will do the same if the Rafale deal gets signed. The Russians have done the same on the carrier & even the Su30MKI where certain parts have to be compulsorily sourced from Russia at whatever cost they ask. The Americans can hardly do much worse.

So does the LCA, I hardly think that is grounds for non-consideration. The French have ripped us new orifices in the M2k upgrade deal & the Scorpene deal & will do the same if the Rafale deal gets signed. The Russians have done the same on the carrier & even the Su30MKI where certain parts have to be compulsorily sourced from Russia at whatever cost they ask. The Americans can hardly do much worse.

To be fair, we have to purchase Titanium blocks and super alloys from Russia for the Su 30 MKi which we anyway do not manufacture in enough quantities.

Even if that was not specified, we would still be importing them. Rare earth metals from China for the super alloys. Russia offers a much better guarantee.

To be fair, we have to purchase Titanium blocks and super alloys from Russia for the Su 30 MKi which we anyway do not manufacture in enough quantities..

Yeah but I was referring to much more simpler items that the Russians refuse permission to source in India for. Actually, that was one of the offers (increased sourcing) offered by Putin in exchange for more orders of the Su30Mki instead of Rafale.

If everybody is ripping us off,then why not get ripped off by someone who may not or does not possess the ability to hinder essential supplies in time of war.Regardless of our discussion,which american fighter do you think is best suited for our needs?

Last edited:

So are you saying that India is just choosing whom will get screw over by? Sounds like it.

To be an enemy of America can be dangerous, but to be a friend is fatal.............:agree:

This is what Chinese want you to think. You must be a false flag Chinese guy pretending to be an Indian to disrupt US Indian friendship.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom